Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PG Advised Mock Draft Looking for Participants!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Phoenix Coyotes

My scouting staff and I will be ready to participate on Monday.

Director of Amateur Scouting Keith Gretzky
    Director of Pro Scouting Frank Effinger
    Assistant Director of Amateur Scouting Steve Lyons
    Head European Scout Christian Ruuttu
    Professional Scout Derek MacKinnon
    Amateur Scout Keith Sullivan
    Amateur Scout Norm Gosselin
    Amateur Scout David Maclean
    Amateur Scout Jeff Twohey
    Video Scout Bob Teofilo

Regards,
    Don Maloney
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

The Magnificent One

hey thanxs for the link to this thread. yes i will be interested. My issue is i wont be on friday night until satnight so if anything is needed then i wont be on. but sunday/monday and the rest of the week i am good to go. my guess is the actual draft starts monday so im good.

Yeah i dont know much abotu prospects as i dont look into them yet but this could give me a great head start. going to be interesting to look at it more as a team need than a fantasy aspect.. just hope i dont get confused when i do my entry drafts.

Devils are in and will have to do ALOT of reading this weekend (hope i can find the time).

So can we trade down and stuff lol! 1-2-3 rounds dont matter as the devils have 4th and then something like 75th pick i think. so nothing until later for me. but ill be checking in if we do more than 1 round just to make sure.

thinking about it pushing it back one week might be better for me. give me more time to research but i have 4th pick so i can limit my search to 15 guys (like the actual devils are doing).
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Banned

I think 2 rounds is enough...nobody will know anything about the guys in the third round+ range. Hell even one round is hard enough.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. Id be happy to team-up with Dyz tho there's no way hes talking me off the RNH wagon!

When can I announce my pick, im ready now!

I dont have any preference on the amount of rounds, no more then 3 tho. Oilers have 5 picks in those 3 rounds; I dont know prospects that well haha
    RNH isn't exactly my favorite prospect of this draft but I do think the oilers should take him and am on board with picking him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Decision: Two full rounds. (I want to involve the Flyers, Preds and Blues)

NO TRADING!

Don't worry about your knowledge of draft prospects. The goal is to have fun with the whole thing. I will post a few links with rankings later tonight.

I am awaiting some more people to confirm and need a few guys to step up and draft on behalf of the non-represented teams too.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Dyz/Donions, do you guys plan on drafting together on EDM or do one of you want to take on one of the non-represented teams?

Get the word out to other reliable members to sign up for teams not represented to partake in the mock draft.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; June 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have no problem doing it together. Think it would be good to get some debate going with another Oil fan to see who EDM should be.

I can cover another team if needed as well.

The Magnificent One

i would like to add a new level to this draft.

i think with each pick each picker should give a few words on why they chose this player for that roster. this is a fantasy site and overall hockey site. just making picks would be fun but since we cover these teams in our threads it would be interested to give some backstory as to why that pick was taken and why it makes sense for that nhl club.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

Devils are in and will have to do ALOT of reading this weekend (hope i can find the time).

So can we trade down and stuff lol! 1-2-3 rounds dont matter as the devils have 4th and then something like 75th pick i think. so nothing until later for me. but ill be checking in if we do more than 1 round just to make sure.

thinking about it pushing it back one week might be better for me. give me more time to research but i have 4th pick so i can limit my search to 15 guys (like the actual devils are doing).
    No trading. I want to replicate the draft as closely as possible to the real NHL draft and we can't predict any trades accurately.

Since you represent the Devils and have the 4th pick, I will give you a list of ten names to consider. Gauranteed one of these players will become a Devil.

Larsson
    Couturier
    Landeskog
    Huberdeau
    Hamilton
    Murphy
    Strome
    Beaulieau
    Zibanejad
    Siemens

Good luck buddy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    i would like to add a new level to this draft.

i think with each pick each picker should give a few words on why they chose this player for that roster. this is a fantasy site and overall hockey site. just making picks would be fun but since we cover these teams in our threads it would be interested to give some backstory as to why that pick was taken and why it makes sense for that nhl club.
    It's a good idea. As I mentioned in the introduction, participant can be as creative as they want and post as much as they want but I won't make it a requirement in case some people don't feel comfortable (or have the knowledge to post in detail).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hurricanes are a go

I'm in. Note that I will be on PST.

Dobber Sports Guru

DY, i'd volunteer for Flames if there is a need!

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    hey buddy!! long time no see.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    Consider it done! Welcome aboard.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Looking for some posters to take on the open spots. Please let me know if you are interested:

AVAILABLE TEAMS for MOCK

COL
    FLA
    NYI
    CLB
    MIN
    DAL
    NYR
    ANA
    PIT
    WS
    SJS
    TBL
    PHI
    STL

Spread the word. We are going to need all of these teams represented for this mock to work.

Again, I would like all teams spoken for by this Friday.

NOTE:

- I may end up making this a one round mock (which would eliminate PHI, NSH and STL from participating).
    - Only PHI is represented in the PG Team Coverage Section (Flyer Fan) and he could take on one of the open teams in the first round if he would like.
    - I am thinking one round might make the draft more appealing.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; June 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If CBJ is free, I can take them...