Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Avalanche

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by uofmehockey View Post
    What's up with Lindstrom? Did some time with the 1st line in pre-season, but has yet to play at all in regular season. Thought he'd at least he'd get an audition. He's got the one way contrct. Not hurt is he?
    Healthy scratch. He had a decent training camp but Kobasew outplayed him the last couple of pre season games to get that 1st line spot. As the O continues to stagnate it will open up a spot for Lindstrom.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey marty I caught the game last night vs CBJ and wanted to see if you concur with what I saw.

-Varlamov is going to steal quite a few games if he can stay healthy.

-The lack of offense has to do with i) a lack of mobility on the blue line and ii) a lack of cohesion amongst the forward lines.
    -In getting bigger/tougher on the blue line, they've sacrificed some offense.

O'Brien is completely redundant. While he's steady, he does nothing great. Quincey is as reliable but provides more offense, O'Byrne is as physical but blocks more shots, Wilson is as tough but skates better.

I'd expect to see Elliott or Barrie back up sooner rather than later. Quincey does not belong on the PP on a good team. He can hold his own but does not create any chances for others while he's out there.

Johnson's shot is a bomb but he's not the D you want rushing the puck up the ice - just doesn't make the smart decision required to gain the zone and setup the attack.

-As far as the forwards go, their bottom-6 were their best 2 lines.

Duchene looks like he's trying to do far too much on his own. I read he's trying to shoot more this year, but he looks often like he's trying to force plays that aren't there off the rush instead of waiting for teammates to provide support. Probably doesn't help that Mueller is playing a bit tentative and Hejduk seems to have lost a step (or 3).

Stastny played his usual game but has to CARRY his wingers (Jones, Kobasew). Jones didn't seem to have his usual jump. Kobasew is only good when he has LOTS of time and space.

I'd expect Landeskog or Galiardi to move into the top-6 sometime soon as both looked good and showed decent offensive instincts. And would prefer if they moved Hejduk onto Stastny's line and gave Duchene a winger who can keep up with him on the rush.

Appreciate your thoughts...
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mapletreemarty View Post
    I would give him another 2 or 3 games to see how he responds, the team as a whole has had issues converting scoring chances this season.
    Yeah I kept him on the bench and will continue to do so until there is a sign of life. No hurry actually. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Hey marty I caught the game last night vs CBJ and wanted to see if you concur with what I saw.

-Varlamov is going to steal quite a few games if he can stay healthy.

-The lack of offense has to do with i) a lack of mobility on the blue line and ii) a lack of cohesion amongst the forward lines.
    -In getting bigger/tougher on the blue line, they've sacrificed some offense.

O'Brien is completely redundant. While he's steady, he does nothing great. Quincey is as reliable but provides more offense, O'Byrne is as physical but blocks more shots, Wilson is as tough but skates better.

I'd expect to see Elliott or Barrie back up sooner rather than later. Quincey does not belong on the PP on a good team. He can hold his own but does not create any chances for others while he's out there.

Johnson's shot is a bomb but he's not the D you want rushing the puck up the ice - just doesn't make the smart decision required to gain the zone and setup the attack.

-As far as the forwards go, their bottom-6 were their best 2 lines.

Duchene looks like he's trying to do far too much on his own. I read he's trying to shoot more this year, but he looks often like he's trying to force plays that aren't there off the rush instead of waiting for teammates to provide support. Probably doesn't help that Mueller is playing a bit tentative and Hejduk seems to have lost a step (or 3).

Stastny played his usual game but has to CARRY his wingers (Jones, Kobasew). Jones didn't seem to have his usual jump. Kobasew is only good when he has LOTS of time and space.

I'd expect Landeskog or Galiardi to move into the top-6 sometime soon as both looked good and showed decent offensive instincts. And would prefer if they moved Hejduk onto Stastny's line and gave Duchene a winger who can keep up with him on the rush.

Appreciate your thoughts...
    I agree with you and Varlamov... if he plays 75% of what he's shown us in his first 3 games, the team will do well, and the trade will look great for the Avs this season. I'm looking forward to seeing how Giguere steps up tonight against Ottawa, I think we have a great 1-2 tandem in net.

In terms of the offense, I agree with you in terms of sacrificing scoring opportunities being created from the blue line. I would like to see Elliott re-called and take O'Brien/Wilson's place in the starting lineup on the bottom pairing and get some time on the 2nd PP unit.

The team is creating scoring chances, but they are more through individual efforts and like you said not much cohesion in the forward lines. They just don't seem to have the chemistry... the problem with the Duchene line is that Mueller is still rusty so now, no longer can Hejduk not keep up with Duchene, but neither can Mueller.

The point about EJ, I think it's a part on EJ but also a part on the Fwds, they don't seem to be on the same page when trying to breakout through the neutral zone, there is a definite lack of continuity. This should get resolved with time and game experience, and it is so noticeable due to the lack of offense produced right now.

Forwards:

I do not like Kobasew in the top 6... personally he should be on the 4th line period.

I wouldn't move Hejduk up with Stastny, I would actually like to see Mueller up with Stastny and Jones. Bump up Landy with Duchene and Hejduk, I think that would be a great combo, and Landy would be able to keep up with Duchene (Galiardi would be another option but I like him replacing Landy on L3).

Landy-O'Reilly-Winnik has been COL's best line this year so far... I'm surprised that O'Reilly doesn't kill penalties anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lindstrom getting into the lineup for someone like Kobasew. The issue is that while the team continues to win there may not be many changes within the lineup, but I mean, you can't lean on your goalie every single game... Sacco has given these lines a chance for 3 games now, time to do some tinkering as you should be able to get more out of this team.

Looking forward to watching tonight's game against Ottawa to get some better insight. Didn't get a chance to watch the Columbus game, and only caught the 3rd period of the Boston game.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Healthy scratch. He had a decent training camp but Kobasew outplayed him the last couple of pre season games to get that 1st line spot. As the O continues to stagnate it will open up a spot for Lindstrom.

Got first shot at playing tonight. Two goals including a PPG in the 7-1 victory .......Sweet!!!
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maintenance day for Mueller? DNP for him today...
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Stud

maintenance as in scratch to light a fire under his @##... hopefully this gets him going

but apparently:

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19109934

CONCUSSION SYMPTOMS?!
    Last edited by potatoetree; October 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah, not the greatest news for Mueller... hopefully it's nothing serious.

It appears as though the team certainly didn't miss a beat.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I watched Landeskog live in the preseason at the Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas. He was all over the ice that game but looked completely overmatched physically and showed little to no offense. I haven't been able to catch an Av's game on TV yet this year, but I see Landy has potted 3 points in the last 2 games. Is he a bonafide scorer or more like the player I saw in Vegas? I'm thinking he's somewhere in the middle, but just wanted your thoughts on it. Thanks.
    10 Team, 27 Player (9 Fwds, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, 10 Taxi Spots), Points Only Keeper League

Fwds: Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, Kessel, Benn, Elias, Kunitz, Roy, Berglund, Ennis, Stepan, Purcell, Tanguay, Ladd, Bennett
    D-Men: Campbell, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Goligoski, Del Zotto, Visnovsky, Hamhuis, Souray, Brodin
    Goalies: Miller, Rinne, Ward, Crawford

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Colorado has been my biggest surprise of the season thus far I think. I really, truly, expected them to be god awful this year and thought that 1st and 2nd for Varly was going to give Washington a lottery pick.

However, they're on fire. Varly was carrying the team to start and now the offense has exploded the past few games.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Colorado has been my biggest surprise of the season thus far I think. I really, truly, expected them to be god awful this year and thought that 1st and 2nd for Varly was going to give Washington a lottery pick.

However, they're on fire. Varly was carrying the team to start and now the offense has exploded the past few games.
    They are getting their groove back they had the last season and a half, where they were never out of a game because they always found a way to score. That confidence is coming back, except this time around they have a defense.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by olgrit22 View Post
    I watched Landeskog live in the preseason at the Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas. He was all over the ice that game but looked completely overmatched physically and showed little to no offense. I haven't been able to catch an Av's game on TV yet this year, but I see Landy has potted 3 points in the last 2 games. Is he a bonafide scorer or more like the player I saw in Vegas? I'm thinking he's somewhere in the middle, but just wanted your thoughts on it. Thanks.
    Landy has looked terrific in his first 5 games... A top 3 skater for the team so far this year.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sage

Landy has looked terrific in his first 5 games... A top 3 skater for the team so far this year.
    No doubt, I think he has been there best skater so far...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    No doubt, I think he has been there best skater so far...
    I'm looking forward to toinght's matchup against the Leafs! He's great at stripping the puck off guys from behind. He never quits on a play and it really stands out from what I've seen so far this season!!!

On a side note... Peter Mueller should be back Thursday against the Blackhawks, the Avs say he is good to go and will be a healthy scratch as Sacco would like to see him get a couple more practices in before he draws back into the lineup... not to mention the team has scored 12 goals in their last 2 games since he got swapped out for Lindstrom. Might as well keep that rolling heading into the last game of their Eastern road trip.

Galiardi is back in the lineup after a healthy scratch last game... Porter, his replacement, saw only 4:56 of ice time and didn't look good on the 4th line with McClement and McLeod in MTL.

JSG gets the start against his former team tonight.

The Avs haven't lost in Toronto since March of 2004.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

what's wrong with the lineups tonight. Duchene 4th line? E.Johnson 2nd line? what's going on?