Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: undisputed #1 goaltender

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default undisputed #1 goaltender

If we take a window of 3 years from now...

Who do you add on that list of undisputed #1 goaltender?

Luongo
    Fleury
    Price
    Halak
    Rinne
    Ward
    Lundqvist
    Bryzgalov
    Miller
    I think that list is pretty safe ( no particular order). But it's only 9 goalies!

after that...

Thomas and Kipper... for next year yes but for 3 years?
    Lethonen and Pavelec... BAB???
    Howard and Crawford... ? Hire Nabokov and Turco ring me a bell... too soon to call it
    Hiller if he return healthy?
    Vokoun?

Only 9 undisputed #1 goaltender for the next 3 years if we start today!!! really???
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

Dobber Sports Giant

there is only one KING.

lundqvist
    price
    luongo
    the rest.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Banned

Craig Anderson

Nik Backstrom

Antti niemi

Definitely #1 goalies for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Big Ev; May 10, 2011 at 1:55 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    there is only one KING.

lundqvist
    price
    luongo
    the rest.
    Not sure if this is a joke or not, but the question was status as #1, not their skill level. Price is clearly a #1 like Lundqvist.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Craig Anderson

Nik Backstrom

Antti niemi

Definitely #1 goalies for the next 3 years.
    No body can steal the job of those 3? Anderson have a hard time in Colorado this year. This can happen in Ottawa.... Backstom may be because no support of a great backup... But Niemi?
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzer View Post
    No body can steal the job of those 3? Anderson have a hard time in Colorado this year. This can happen in Ottawa.... Backstom may be because no support of a great backup... But Niemi?
    I don't think anyone steal's their jobs. They're all safe IMO. Especially Anderson and Niemi, who were just signed to 4 year deals.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thomas will not be the undisputed #1 this coming year, now becomes the transition period to Rask. This year was his swan song. This is coming from one of Timmy's biggest fans too. He will now truly begin to mentor Rask. 50-50 split in 11-12 with Rask starting 70% the following year before Thomas rides off into the sunset.

Write that down.

If Lehtonen has finally put his injuries in the past, and that's a big if, he could take on that role in Dallas. After all, his only competition is Raycroft.

I think this year will be a breakout for Pavelac where he will start around 65.

I don't know how you can leave Marty Brodeur off this list. He has at least 1 more year as a true starting goaltender left.

I think Neuvirth and Bobrovsky have decent shots at locking down the #1 positions on their clubs.

My longshots would be James Reimer and Devin Dubnyk. They both play on clubs that will need them to be at the top of their game. If they are stealing the close ones and keeping their teams in the playoff hunt, they really don't have the quality competition to push them for the role.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

IMO Jonathan Quick is the undisputed #1 in LA until his contract runs out, and after that he will find a job as the undisputed #1 somewhere. He is GOOD, YOUNG, and very very proven.

Bernier has the ability to be a #1 too, but he won't get there with Quick in front of him.

Howard, with how he's played in the playoffs so far, I would say just saved his undisputed #1 status. I think the wings will have much more confidence in him, and he will have much more confidence in himself.
    Last edited by BlackGold; May 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Thomas will not be the undisputed #1 this coming year, now becomes the transition period to Rask. This year was his swan song. This is coming from one of Timmy's biggest fans too. He will now truly begin to mentor Rask. 50-50 split in 11-12 with Rask starting 70% the following year before Thomas rides off into the sunset.

Write that down..
    as much as i love the Van wilder reference I cant agree with you. I posted the below in another thread a few weeks back (http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...=102281&page=2) but thought it was relevant to your post.

Thomas has been left for dead by many a fantasy GM at the end of each season over the last few years. Its crazy that a guy who could win his second Vezina in three years this year is being talked about like he is fighting to keep his job, he cannot play any better , he had the best GAA in the NHL and he set the all-time record for save percentage this year (well since it became an official stat in 82-83)!!!

Thomas makes 5 mill a year and Rask 1.25, Rask has one more year left and then he is RFA, do you think the Bruins are going to play his socks off this coming season so that he can get awarded a big contract in arbitration?? not likely, he will get his 20-30 starts again next year (barring any major injury to Thomas of course).
    Last edited by wendelclark17; May 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If we take a window of 3 years from now...

Who do you add on that list of undisputed #1 goaltender?

Luongo
    Fleury
    Price
    Halak
    Rinne
    Ward
    Lundqvist
    Bryzgalov
    Miller
    I agree with this list.
    Quick is a maybe for me.
    I probably would be hesitant to add any others.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Howard and Crawford... ? Hire Nabokov and Turco ring me a bell... too soon to call it
    Turco will not re-sign in Chicago next year. I'm pretty sure it's Crawford's starting job to lose and I think he'll keep it. Salak will be his backup.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Banned

Who's gonna beat out Niemi? Nittymaki? Nope, he isn't a starter. Niemi is their guy.

Who's gonna beat out Anderson? Nobody, they don't even have a backup right now.

Who's gonna beat out Backstrom? Theodore? Is he even signed?

I would also add Howard. Detroit literally has no other option, and they just signed Howard to an extension.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Who's gonna beat out Niemi? Nittymaki? Nope, he isn't a starter. Niemi is their guy.

Who's gonna beat out Anderson? Nobody, they don't even have a backup right now.

Who's gonna beat out Backstrom? Theodore? Is he even signed?

I would also add Howard. Detroit literally has no other option, and they just signed Howard to an extension.
    With a 3 year window on this I think Big Ev is correct: Howard, Anderson, Backstrom and Niemi have to be considered as clear starters for their teams given their situations and contracts. Yeah, anything can happen but I really don't see a challenge coming for them any time soon.
    Last edited by Shoeless; May 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Rinne looks awfull solid in Nashville , I know he has Linback in the wings who did well while Rinne was injured but , i still think Rinne plays 60+ games for Nash the next 3 years.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    With a 3 year window on this I think Big Ev is correct: Howard, Anderson, Backstrom and Niemi have to be considered as clear starters for their teams given their situations and contracts. Yeah, anything can happen but I really don't see a challenge coming for them any time soon.
    Agreed. Stalock will challenge Niemi for the starting job in 2-3 years and I can see Lehner being ready in 2-3 years too. But for next 2 years at least, I think the above four tenders are a pretty safe bet.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.