Thread: " Kickin' The Tires"

Dobber Sports Monster

Default " Kickin' The Tires"

16 team
    Full keeper
    H2H
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-, PIM,SOG,HTS ( our offensive scoring categories)

My starting roster:

E. Staal
    J. Toews
    S. Stamkos
    C. Perry
    M. Duchene
    N. Backstrom

D. Keith
    S. Weber
    K. Timonen
    D. Girardi

J. Halak

I am kicking the tires on moving Backstrom and I currently have an offer that for whatever reason I just cannot seem to decide one way or the other on. I like both my side of the deal and his side of the deal. What am I missing here?

I would " potentially" get Claude Giroux and Drew Doughty

I would " potentially" give Nicklas Backstrom and Shea Weber

I fully expect Backstrom to be back at the 100 point mark next season. I also expect Doughty to improve over last seasons numbers as well.

Sway me off the fence please!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wow you're right... That is a really fair offer. I think the gap between DD and Weber is equal to the gap between Giroux and Backstrom... But, I'll pick a side for you. :P

I prefer to have my "team value" heavier to forwards than defense. I think Backstrom is an underrated shooter and goal scorer because he plays with Ovie. As he matures, I think he'll start shooting a bit more, and the goals will come.

So put me down for the Backstrom + Weber side.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think that the potential of what you get is pretty close to the reality of what you give... but wouldn't you prefer the proven commodity? Giroux's on the up, but there aren't a lot of guys who we know can put up 100 points and Backstrom's one of them. Doughty and Weber are more or less a wash, though you get a couple of years younger. If it's me, I sit happy with what I already have. This strikes me as a move you'd make to keep things interesting, rather than because of any real strategic benefit.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving Giraffe View Post
    I think that the potential of what you get is pretty close to the reality of what you give... but wouldn't you prefer the proven commodity? Giroux's on the up, but there aren't a lot of guys who we know can put up 100 points and Backstrom's one of them. Doughty and Weber are more or less a wash, though you get a couple of years younger. If it's me, I sit happy with what I already have. This strikes me as a move you'd make to keep things interesting, rather than because of any real strategic benefit.
    I'm here with TG. I think that while it would be great to get Giroux and Doughty, I would go with the proven guys. I think if you equate this out to both sides hitting their full potential point-wise, the peripherals may be the final shove to the Backstrom/Weber side.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

You should probably take my offer instead.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

This deal is as close as it can get. Doughty's upside is way better than Weber's and that's the only reason I would consider this but it would really sting if Giroux and Doughty don't live up to their potential.

So I would probably not do this trade but you can't go wrong either way.

Dobber Sports Master

I wouldn't make that offer. Nik Backstrom is a better fantasy player than Giroux is and I love Giroux.

Weber I think will be one of the best defensive players in your league. He was 19th overall and 6th best Dman in the HITS category last year with 211. Doughty had 137 hits last year. Weber had 254 shots (3rd best defenceman) and Doughty had 139. I think its the peripherals that make this deal one to avoid.

Dobber Sports Wizard

If just looking at this trade offensively P,A,G,PPG,PPA then my hunch is the Giroux/Doughty tandem would be better. I actually believe Giroux and Backstrom are closer than people think, and the gap between Doughty and Weber leans enough toward Doughty to make Giroux/Doughty the winner.

However, when you include peripheral stats, I would keep Backstrom/Weber. Keep what you have. If you like Giroux/Doughty, try and push for a bit more, as past history and their stats indicate you should get it right now.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Legend

This is a very fair deal if I ever saw one. I happen to love all four of the players involved but I would honestly stand pat.

I think Backstrom is closer to the 90-100 point player he was in 09-10 and Giroux is more of an 80-90 player when he hits his stride. That said, I like Doughty better than Weber.

This deal is super close - so close in fact, it's not worth making. Why risk dealing if the upside is a wash? Keep what you have and expect the Capitals studs to rebound next year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Put me down on the Nicklas Backstrom and Shea Weber side even though it's very close.
    League Champion 2006, 2007, 2008
    12 Team, 8 keeper H2H League
    Skater Stats(4C,4LW,4RW,4D): G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FOW
    Goalie Stats(2G): W,GA,SV,SO

C: Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Berglund
    LW: Parise, Hall, Duchene, Tanguay
    RW: Malkin, Wheeler, C. Stewart, Stempniak
    D: Doughty, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Luongo, Schneider, Ward

PSN ID: wminogue