Thread: Can only keep 2 goalies for next year

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Can only keep 2 goalies for next year

Who would you keep? We have a league that is trying to help the bottom teams out by limiting the number of keepers in the goalie department. We can only keep 2 whereas before you could keep as many as you liked and have a stranglehold on the league.

I have Tim Thomas, Jimmy Howard, Michal Neuvirth, and Jonathan Bernier. I can only keep two, and I'm torn as to who I should keep and who I should trade away. Thomas was arguably my best this last year, but he's getting older and I keep worrying about his age as I like to keep my team young. Howard is doing great these playoffs, but the regular season his numbers were mediocre. Bernier has ton of upside, but I don't want to keep him if he won't get starts, and I'm hoping he gets traded.

What do you all think?

Dobber Sports Monster

Flash Thomas around your league , see what deals you can swing.

Or any one of the three for that matter - see what types of deals you can muster up , never know what comes of it, maybe solve your dilemma.

When do you have to decide by? Can you hold out most of the off season and see what comes of Bernier ( maybe a trade for him) etc etc.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Similar to Shakedown, I would throw all four names on the trading block looking to get a solid upgrade in goal. Otherwise I think you have to stick with Howard and I think Neuvirth although there are arguments for keeping either Thomas or Bernier.

Dobber Sports Genius

To answer both of you; I don't have to decide now so I can wait on Bernier. I'll start throwing them all around and see what I can get for them. The league is very top heavy. There are ten teams and the top four will almost always stay that way, but if this plan works and the dumb owners get smarter about drafting and trading we can make it better. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help guys.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm with shoeless on who to keep.

Thomas is the best, but I'm seeing a Prospal aspect with him... year to year... So I do see Rask taking over next year for good. I just do not see Berneir ousting Quick.... But then to me Howard doesn't have much upside outside of wins... tough choice man, Neuvirth is the only guy I'd be sure on... but then Holty does scare me if he gets hurt.

Sorry, not much help from me.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, I'm in a pickle here. I'm gonna try offering them all to see who I can get out of them. Maybe get something good. I'm kicking myself as I should have pushed harder at the beginning of last season for Price, but I wasn't sure how he'd do.