Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Granlund

Dobber Sports Initiate

Incredible goal. He must have a ton of confidence to even attempt that move in a semi-final game against Russia, let alone pull it off so smoothly. Wow.

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Not the same player, that's his brother
    I stand corrected. I guess that move is a family trait. Now both brothers have scored with that move. I added the link to todays goal but here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9B412oN9MA

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    I stand corrected. I guess that move is a family trait. Now both brothers have scored with that move. I added the link to todays goal but here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9B412oN9MA
    Mikael has done it atleast twice before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVz-Ayo2wdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2w5Q6yKk04
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Filthy, filthy, filthy goal! Holy crap!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Loved that goal. WOW.

Dobber Sports Initiate

i cant wait to see him play in the NHL. I couldnt believe he was available in the early second round in last years prospect draft in a deep league with lot of dobberites.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Padawan

This article just doesn't make me believe that Granlund is a lock for even coming overseas next year. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/121795523.html

Dobber Sports Pro

I, for one, would be much happier if Minnesota is patient with the kid. I would much rather see him get some more seasoning and building strength to withstand the rigors and physical play of the NHL than see him get thrown onto a offensively barren Wild roster and be expected to be the cure-all. Minny needs a player with some offensive creativity like Granlund but expecting him to shine on a roster that just finished the season with TWO players over 46 points and ONE player over 19 goals is just wishful thinking. Where is the support on the offense?

Havlat led the team in goals with 22 and played the second most games in his entire career. I guess he is worth 5 million?

Pierre-Marc Bouchard gets to underperform for two more years at 4+ million. Yippee.

It just seems like Minnesota always has a WHOLE LOT of Andrew Brunette, Kyle Brodziak, and Cal Clutterbuck types which is fine if it can translate to wins but this team finished 11 points out of the playoffs and only has the 10th overall pick in the draft they are hosting. They seem to be stuck in the zone of not being good enough to make the playoffs but not being bad enough to draft high for an impact player.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    This article just doesn't make me believe that Granlund is a lock for even coming overseas next year. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/121795523.html
    It does say a lot about their confidence in him though -- it seems it's his decision (and less about whether or not he'll make the cut). That's pretty solid for a youngster his age.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tiantonio View Post
    I, for one, would be much happier if Minnesota is patient with the kid. I would much rather see him get some more seasoning and building strength to withstand the rigors and physical play of the NHL than see him get thrown onto a offensively barren Wild roster and be expected to be the cure-all. Minny needs a player with some offensive creativity like Granlund but expecting him to shine on a roster that just finished the season with TWO players over 46 points and ONE player over 19 goals is just wishful thinking. Where is the support on the offense?

Havlat led the team in goals with 22 and played the second most games in his entire career. I guess he is worth 5 million?

Pierre-Marc Bouchard gets to underperform for two more years at 4+ million. Yippee.

It just seems like Minnesota always has a WHOLE LOT of Andrew Brunette, Kyle Brodziak, and Cal Clutterbuck types which is fine if it can translate to wins but this team finished 11 points out of the playoffs and only has the 10th overall pick in the draft they are hosting. They seem to be stuck in the zone of not being good enough to make the playoffs but not being bad enough to draft high for an impact player.
    Nice post. Summarizes Minny's situation very accurately IMHO, though I do hold out hope for PMB to regain his form as he looked really good the last part of the season.

Edit: I agree with the notion that Granlund continue to develop and get stronger before coming in. Hopefully Minny can get some more talent to insulate/support him by then.
    Last edited by MoreCanadianTeams; May 16, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    It does say a lot about their confidence in him though -- it seems it's his decision (and less about whether or not he'll make the cut). That's pretty solid for a youngster his age.
    Well it is his decision as you can't force a guy to play in the NHL. He also isn't even signed yet.

Dobber Sports Padawan

While I agree that he could use some time to get a bit bigger I'm not sure if it is best for Minny to let him stay 1 more year over in the SM-Liga.

Even if he doesn't play for the Wild, the AHL would at least get him acclimated to NA hockey. However if I recall correctly, the SM-Liga has the same sized rinks as the NHL. Not like the KHL or SEL.

So many times we state that a player "has to get bigger to compete" in the NHL. I'm not so sure about that anymore after watching Skinner and Eberle this past year. While I think that might be the case for burgeoning power forwards, it just doesn't seem to be the case with shifty snipers/playmakers.

I DO hope he comes to NA and does get a shot with the Wild. One day I would like to see an all-Finnish line of M. Koivu (playmaking center), Granlund (the sniper) and Armia (PF that should be around when they draft 10th). And no I'm not Finnish.

Dobber Sports Legend

Koivu hints at Granlund playing in Minny next year:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/121953389.html
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

However if I recall correctly, the SM-Liga has the same sized rinks as the NHL. Not like the KHL or SEL.
    Not true.

One day I would like to see an all-Finnish line of M. Koivu (playmaking center), Granlund (the sniper) and Armia (PF that should be around when they draft 10th). And no I'm not Finnish.
    Granlund is not a sniper, he is a playmaker.

Dobber Sports Star

Jouko-Pouko, is it that the different rinks in the SM-liiga are different sizes? And that the rink in HIFK is on the smaller side?

Please let us know... that's interesting information!