Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: West Round II: (1) VAN vs (5) NSH

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be an a$$ or anything. I like Dutch and respect his opinions...more than many on these boards. I just thought this wasn't one of his better arguments.

Allow me to rephrase...how about, assuming all the 'high-end scoring chances' had gone in for both teams VAN would have won something like 5-2. Is that better?
    dont worry man i was just busting your balls haha. sharp could have ended it on the powerplay but then again burrows could have on the penalty shot.

Banned

I wonder how often the canucks will get help from the referees this series... I mean a powerplay with 2 minutes to go in game 7? seriously...

canucks should definitely not have moved on, because they blew the 3-0 series lead

No question the talent on canucks is much higher, but in terms of coaching I am not sure that AV is better than Trotz

If Nashville can stay out of the box, it will be a tough series for the canucks.

But like I said previously, refs will help them out once again, when gillis whines his face off again. Who cares he got a $2500 fine... Had he not made those comments, the refs would have been normal, and the canucks would be golfing right now

GO PREDS GO!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I wonder how often the canucks will get help from the referees this series... I mean a powerplay with 2 minutes to go in game 7? seriously...

canucks should definitely not have moved on, because they blew the 3-0 series lead

No question the talent on canucks is much higher, but in terms of coaching I am not sure that AV is better than Trotz

If Nashville can stay out of the box, it will be a tough series for the canucks.

But like I said previously, refs will help them out once again, when gillis whines his face off again. Who cares he got a $2500 fine... Had he not made those comments, the refs would have been normal, and the canucks would be golfing right now

GO PREDS GO!
    not really sure how the refs were helping the nucks...if anything they were on chicago's side for most of the series. if they really wanted the nucks to win they wouldnt have given chicago a powerplay in overtime. and i'm not saying this as a nucks fan, i was actually torn over which side to support since toews is one of my favourite players. the officiating was bad for most of the series.

Dobber Sports Expert

No question the talent on canucks is much higher, but in terms of coaching I am not sure that AV is better than Trotz.
    If this is in reference to my other comment I'm not saying AV is better than Trotz, rather I believe AV has VAN playing a better team game than Carlyle was doing with ANA...and in that way I expect VAN will give NAS a better/tougher overall series. Aside from the two blowouts where NAS took too many PIM the ice was regularly tilted in NAS favor due to their hard work and team system.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Initiate

canucks in seven

rinne shows up and steals two games but the lack of scoring depth catches up to the preds and vancouver's superior talent eventually decides.

kesler leads all scorers. hamhuis/bieksa continue shut-down excellence. AV orders luongo to stay in his crease and forbids him from handling the puck behind the net.

the games are a grind. dull, and slow...everyone misses chicago and the speed of the first round series. game seven is a blow-out and no one says 'what a game' or 'what great hockey'. shea weber wishes he played for the canucks.
    dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference

c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
    lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
    rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

Dobber Sports Sage

GO PREDS GO!
    Didn't CHI get a PP 2 minutes into OT?!?!?!? Consider my confused...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

GO PREDS GO!
    This is one of my biggest worries, Nashville is a pretty disciplined team if I am not incorrect...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is going to be a long series (and thread)
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Canucks between 4 and 7.

Time to play like they did in game 7, control control control.

Dobber Sports Sage

Predators in 7.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thursday, April 28 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
    Saturday, April 30 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
    Tuesday, May 3 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
    Thursday, May 5 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
    *Saturday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
    *Monday, May 9 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
    *Wednesday, May 11 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i'm going to count how many times they show carrie underwood in this series
    I wonder if the green guy's will have Carrie in a Canuck jersy for Mr. Underwood's first trip to the box. Too funny.

After seeing this just before Burrows scored his first of two goals in game 7 against the Hawks how can I bet against them. Canucks in 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LqZTIyjvlBE
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spitball View Post
    canucks in seven

rinne shows up and steals two games but the lack of scoring depth catches up to the preds and vancouver's superior talent eventually decides.
    This is exactly the statements that I love!

Vancouvers "superior" talent was pretty invisible the games that I watched in round 1... Preds were one of the highest scoring teams in round 1

Keep on being confident Canuck fans

GO PREDS GO!

@ RidinRyan, you betcha, Chicago got a lame penalty in OT, but that doesn't take away the lame ones vancouver got to win the game in regulation...

I wonder what foolish comments Gillis will make this round.

GO PREDS GO!

Dobber Sports Master

My prediction for this series:

O'Brien is late for at least one practice after a bout of the 'Roxy Flu'.

Thank you and goodbye.

Banned

Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! Go PREDS Go ! [b]