Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it Leighton and Bobrovsky next year?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is it Leighton and Bobrovsky next year?

Boucher is the only UFA out of the trio. Will it be Leighton and Bobrovsky playing for the Flyers next year or do they have flexibility in terms of acquiring a legit #1?

I own Bobrovsky and I'm wondering if I need to trade for Leighton before we have our Limited Keeper Drops.
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

idk i gotta imagine philly attempting at the least to bring in that legit #1 they have been in need of. but with the limited cap they have i dont think any of us know for sure what they'll do
    C: Niklas Backstrom, Sidney Crosby, Tim Conolly, Matt Cullen
    RW: Ales Hemsky, Blake Wheeler, Jacob Voracek, Bobby Ryan
    LW: Taylor Hall, James Van Riemsdyk, Sean Avery, Todd Bertuzzi
    D: Drew Doughty, Zach Bogosian, Victor Hedman, Jack Johnson, Kris Letang, Matt Niskaken
    G: Kari Lehtonen, Jonas Hiller, Rick DePierto
    Farm: Kyle Turris, Jacob Markstrom, Cam Fowler
    16 Team Dynasty

Banned

if they loose tomorrow against buffalo, they will make changes. if they win a cup, then the pressure to do something is probably off. too early to tell at this point...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Got to imagine that they will move one of Carle or Coburn and bring in Vokoun or Bryzgalov. They should move Leighton so he can play and Bob can be the back up and learn from...

They're lack of goaltending in this playoff is showing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't see how you can justify keeping Leighton in your 15, Pacman, unless you are assured that Leighton is guaranteed to be part of a tandem or the starter in Philly. I don't know anyone who would predict that with any amount of certainty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I don't see how you can justify keeping Leighton in your 15, Pacman, unless you are assured that Leighton is guaranteed to be part of a tandem or the starter in Philly. I don't know anyone who would predict that with any amount of certainty.
    Without knowing how Round 1 (and the playoffs) will end I think I agree with you.

I'd have to drop Pitkanen and give a draft pick for Leighton which I'd prefer not to do.
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Guru

As of right now, without the likely cap increase taken into account, the flyers have less than 500k in cap space available next year and thats without re-signing O'Donnell, Nodl, Leino, Zherdev, Powe, Carcillo and Boucher. There is no way they can fit a another goaltender in unless they are dirt cheap and then they send Leighton or Bobrovsky down.

How about Nabokov ending up in philly for someone like Carle or Coburn and the rights to Nodl?

Dobber Sports Sage

In terms of pure talent, I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that Sergei Bobrovsky is the best gem in the Flyers organization that is ready for NHL duty. The next person in line is Joacim Eriksson.

The fact that Leighton is under contract for next season bodes well for him and not well for Boucher. But, a year ago, you could have said the exact opposite in favor of Boucher over Leighton.

When you boil it down, Bobrovsky and Leighton are the only two Flyer goalies under contract for next season. Does that mean that Boucher is on the outs?

No.

If you own Bobrovsky, I'd stand pat and not worry about anything in Philly. You own the best option that Philly already owns and have to assume that they won't go out and spend top dollar on another goalie. No need to trade for Leighton or Boucher.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    In terms of pure talent, I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that Sergei Bobrovsky is the best gem in the Flyers organization that is ready for NHL duty. The next person in line is Joacim Eriksson.

The fact that Leighton is under contract for next season bodes well for him and not well for Boucher. But, a year ago, you could have said the exact opposite in favor of Boucher over Leighton.

When you boil it down, Bobrovsky and Leighton are the only two Flyer goalies under contract for next season. Does that mean that Boucher is on the outs?

No.

If you own Bobrovsky, I'd stand pat and not worry about anything in Philly. You own the best option that Philly already owns and have to assume that they won't go out and spend top dollar on another goalie. No need to trade for Leighton or Boucher.
    Think Philly would still make a play for a guy like Schneider, Dub? Or do you think they run another season hoping BOB can be the man?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think the first round win bodes well for Bob (and either Boucher/Leighton). If they had lost the opening round the logic of needing a legitimate/proven goalie would have been expressed.

Defensemen

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Think Philly would still make a play for a guy like Schneider, Dub? Or do you think they run another season hoping BOB can be the man?
    I don't understand the logic behind the Schneider to Philly rumors going around. Bob played 54 games with good numbers, Schneider played 25 games with good numbers. Bob is 2 years younger. He lost the first game of his playoff career 1-0 and then got shelled in game 2, but neither really has playoff experience.

I just don't see why Schneider is seen as an instant upgrade over Bobrovsky. If Philly goes after a goalie this summer which I don't think they will, they'll go for someone with a track record. They already seem to have their "goalie of the future" and thats not even mentioning Joacim Eriksson who's not far behind Bob.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I just don't see why Schneider is seen as an instant upgrade over Bobrovsky. If Philly goes after a goalie this summer which I don't think they will, they'll go for someone with a track record. They already seem to have their "goalie of the future" and thats not even mentioning Joacim Eriksson who's not far behind Bob.

I think it's because Schneider looks a lot more stable and skilled than Bobrovsky.

Defensemen

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Completely my opinion....

NYI are allowing Naby to play in the World Championships to showcase him. They have or will toll his contract, so they have his rights for one more year. Naby does not have to clear waivers this time, so NYI can trade him for assets.

PHI is deep and has a rookie goalie (Bob) who is not quite ready yet, but he is not THAT far off. PHI getting a goalie like Vokoun or Bryzgalov does not make sense since both would be looking for long term deals. That would mean Bob would be buried for too long.

PHI Trading for Naby makes a lot of sense. Naby gets to play for a contender, which is important to him. They are both Russian and Bob is still learning English, making Naby a great mentor. Naby is only under contract for one more year, so the timing makes sense. They could even sign him for one more year if Bob needs more time. The part that makes this very workable is that Naby is a proven goalie (playoff arguments aside) at a very affordable price, which is huge for PHI who is always up against the cap.

Leighton plays in the knots or gets traded. Think PHI is pissed at him over lying about back injury and whatever he did/said during the playoff run that got his name plate removed...he was banished.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Don't think it will be Schneider either. Bob had a string of 25 games with great numbers too. Just not large enough of a sample size to say schneider is a sure thing, VAN is an elite team too...easier to play behind. Don't see PHI trying another unproven goalie.

Banned

well judging by the latest on Boucher on wikipedia I would say that's not a bad guess

http://i.imgur.com/GjgtY.png