Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Toughest Pool You Will Ever Play

Dobber Sports Novice

Default The Toughest Pool You Will Ever Play

Greetings everyone.

I'm here to tell you about a new Keeper League from the Arena franchise which will begin this post/off season... whenever we reach our goal of 30 players. Currently I have 15 teams paid in and have 15 spots open.

In what I am refering to as the LeaferSutherland's Hockey Association (LSHA), we have a Keeper League which will feature 30 teams, full 19 man rosters, 8 reserve roster spots, limited player transactions and a salary cap which will reflect the real salary cap of the NHL.

The rules of this game are far more vast than what I can post in here, but you can read up on everingthing you will need to know right here.

Admission for this game costs $25 CDN and can be sent to my paypal. If interested, get in touch with me and I can send you my paypal information.

I am a very dedicated poolster and would like to see my league filled with the best fantasy GMs the planet has to offer... thus my reasons for promoting it here at dobberhockey.com

I hope to hear from you... and if there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

LS
    Evgeni Malkin - John Tavares - Blake Wheeler
    Ryan Strome - Nathan MacKinnon - Milan Lucic
    Chris Kreider - Tyler Ennis - Radim Vrbata
    Charlie Coyle - Chris Tierney - Chris Stewart
    (Brendan Perlini - Kasperi Kapanen - Kevin Roy - Jeremy Bracco - Charles Hudon)

Drew Dougty - Morgan Rielly
    Nathan Beaulieu - Matt Hunwick
    David Rundblad - Jeff Petry
    (Connor Murphy - Haydn Fleury - Ryan Stanton)

Cory Schneider
    (Andrei Vasilevskiy - Andrey Makarov)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

hey,
    im very much interested in your league.
    the link you have provided does not work properly can u send me some more info but from what ive seen so far im very much interested. whats my next step in joining your league?

send me a shout at [email protected]
    thanks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

be careful about sending money...make sure everything is legit

Dobber Sports Novice

Email is sent.

Not sure why the link wouldn't work for you, but try this one instead...

http://thenhlarena.com/forum/71-lsha...d-keeper-pool/

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    be careful about sending money...make sure everything is legit
    I couldn't agree more. Especially with this being a brand new league.

We do host another league that we call the 'LSHL' back at the Arena. It is relatively the same game but without the salary cap that we've been running the last several years. Read through the pages of content and I am certain you will find my games legit and genuine.

Last edited by LeaferSutherland; April 16, 2011 at 8:15 PM.

Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Want in!

I would like to join. The second link won't work either. Send me an e-mail with info on how to join. [email protected]

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by LeaferSutherland View Post
    Email is sent.

Not sure why the link wouldn't work for you, but try this one instead...

http://thenhlarena.com/forum/71-lsha...d-keeper-pool/

I couldn't agree more. Especially with this being a brand new league.

We do host another league that we call the 'LSHL' back at the Arena. It is relatively the same game but without the salary cap that we've been running the last several years. Read through the pages of content and I am certain you will find my games legit and genuine.

I joined this league last year as an expansion team. It is a quality operation and lots of fun. It is a full keeper league so you do have to be prepared to take a building attitude. It is a full 30 team keeper league so it goes very deep. We had three expansion teams added last year and I was one of them. I finished 19th this year.

There are three teams available and there will not be any future expansions.

The three teams available are currenlty named the Lauderdale Lizard Kings, Kingston Deejays and the Ft Myers Fear. The names can be changed by the new owners of course. These teams can be seen at:

http://thenhlarena.com/topic/89352-1...-team-rosters/

All 30 teams are listed so scroll down to find the rosters and draft picks of the available teams. This league has been in operation now for 4 years. I have been part of it for the one year but have signed on again for next year.

It is a solid operation and managed by a committee of three team managers selected by the teams and all rule changes or suggestions on operations are voted on by all the teams. A fully democratic operation. Join the fun. I did and have not regretted it.

Warnning to prospective new members I plan to win the money next year.
    Last edited by kbooks; April 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

Dobber Sports Novice

Kbooks is actually refering to our existing non-capped keeper pool... which I believe still has 3 openings if anyone is interested, I can certainly pass that on.

But for the purposes of this thread, I am promoting our new game, the LSHA Capped Keeper League.

Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Initiate

The two leagues are very similar and both managed at the NHL Arena. Many players in the established league are also getting in on the new league as well. I for one will have a team in both leagues.

The object for both leagues is to have 30 teams. The established league does not include player salaries as a factor. The teams for the existing league are in place with three GM's deciding not to continue for another year. If you pick up one of those teams you inherit the players and picks that are a carry over from this year.

The new league that is being started up for this year has the same structure and point system but also requires the teams to comply with the NHL salary cap rules. Because it is a new league all teams will start equally and an intial draft will be held to select the players based on a lottery for draft order.

Dobber Sports Novice

I believe we've resolved the problems with the links.

Please let me know if it works for you now.

Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks to KSR2 for joining. We are down to 14 spots available.

Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Initiate

For those that might be contemplating joining this league it is worth noting that the NHL Arena has a very active forum for all its league participants and others just interested in hockey and specific teams. There are many participants on the forum that do not have a team but with two active leagues going that is increasing as well.

Check out the latest posts on your teams. I find this forum very positive and full of avid fans that like to share the latest insights on their favorite teams. Each NHL team has its own thread with multiple sub threads and has a volunteer that manages and maintains interst providing links to various articles and reports about players and teams.

http://thenhlarena.com/

Currently there are 3 spots still open on the established league that is a points only no cap league. This league has been in operation for a number of years so you start onthis league by inheriting a team from last year. There is one prospective new GM kicking tires so it looks like we will be down to 2 spots shortly.

The new league has 14 spots still open on the points only capped pool. This is a new league so joining this one starts you off on an equal footing with every other team member. I have joined this league as well as maintaining my current team that I picked up last year as an expansion team in the existing non cap league.

I am looking forward to starting from scratch in a new league. It means I will have an equal chance of nailing down Crosby or Ovechkin as anyone else that joins this league.

Check it out it is a good site and a good league. It is growing from one league to two for next season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default hey

Do you still have openings in the new league?

VERY interested in your Salary Cap league. I'm in a similar league for 2 years now. Please email me at [email protected] if you still have openings! Or give me your email.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

VERY interested in your Salary Cap league. I'm in a similar league for 2 years now. Please email me at [email protected] if you still have openings! Or give me your email.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by 9gretzky9 View Post
    Yep, plenty of openings still.

Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Novice

We're up to 17 teams paid in right now and we're beginning a big push to get to our goal of 30 as quickly as possible; having a few negotiations ongoing.

So if you would like to get involved, please get your foot in the door in the near future.

Cory Schneider