Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The UHL: Round by Round

I'm still revamping my team into how I want it. I came into the draft at round #12 I believe, with a lot of cap issues and crap for a goalie. It's gonna take some time, a strong prospect draft and some waiver manipulation. But I'm 100% confident I can get it to where I want it w/in a year.

Very, very fun, indeed.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    So we wrapped up all 23 Rounds of this draft this afternoon in a pretty remarkable two weeks.
    I was more than happy to let the last two weeks of my life be absolutely DOMINATED by that draft, and I have to say...I feel a bit of void now that I'm not searching for 4th liners anymore.

My team (in sig) has a few holes in it, and took some turns during the draft that I didn't plan for, but with a league this enormous, I think most of us are in the same boat.

I think my D and G are strong, and could use an upgrade at RW, but considering that this is my first expeirence in a league this big, I am pretty pleased and definately excited compete.

Just want to once again thank especially dyz and also all others who were/are involved in various committes and helped ensure that this will be a great league for years to come. Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I have to echo Rainydrinkwater's thoughts about the draft. It's hard to have your universe completely centered around one thing like that and then just give it up cold turkey and not suffer some withdrawals. Rainy also hit it on the head, everybody left that draft with some weaknesses somewhere on their roster. No way in a league this size, with so many savvy GM's, are you going to get the perfect team. For me those holes are lack of a backup for Lundy, RW, and D, in roughly that order.

Overall I really like my team(in sig), especially in the long term. I was able to stick to my plan all the way through. I came into this draft intending to load up on young players and avoid what I considered bad contracts, just focus on best available with good bang for the buck. I think it's mission accomplished, at least as far as drafting a young team goes. I entered the draft willing to sacrifice competing for the first couple of years to build a team like this one.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Apparently the Senators are looking like the team to beat...how did he manage to have umberger, backlund and horton as his 4th line?

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Apparently the Senators are looking like the team to beat...how did he manage to have umberger, backlund and horton as his 4th line?
    Because he has McQuaid and Foster as his top pairing D!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

thats what the prospect draft is for! haha yea my defense isnt that great, if i can upgrade it during the prospect draft i should be fine. my team doesnt have the star power that your team does, but it has a tonne of depth.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

All updated other than a few skipped picks

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    thats what the prospect draft is for! haha yea my defense isnt that great, if i can upgrade it during the prospect draft i should be fine. my team doesnt have the star power that your team does, but it has a tonne of depth.
    Can we assume that you will be taking a D 7th overall? D-heavy prospect draft!

I might select all goaltenders with my top 5 selections (2, 12, 53, 85, 95) haha! (Kiddin of course... or am I!!)
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Team Nashville could potentially rival those RWers with the likes of Jeff Carter*, Brown, Voracek, Alfredsson and Joel Ward.

* if fantrax gives Carter dual eligibility, he will be used as a RW. (so far so good)

You definitely have a competitive team and can't wait to see who you select #1 overall in the prospect draft. I have my guy (at #2), which may surprise (and sadden) some of the GMs who thought he would drop.
    I like the team that has St. Louis, Gaborik, Hudler, Dvorak, and Svatos personally for RW teams lol
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

please....nothing beats Doan, Skinner, Backes, Horton, Ryder.

as for my 7th overall...not quite sure. i wont pick again until the 3rd, so logically i should take a dman. i might just pick the BPA, it all depends on who goes before me.

Administrator

I think I drafted a true Calgary Flames team. Full of workers! There's tons of categories and I'll be looking to sneak out the less obvious ones.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think I drafted a true Calgary Flames team. Full of workers!
    I hope for your sake eric that you have more success than thos hard hat wearin' real life Flames.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I hope for your sake eric that you have more success than thos hard hat wearin' real life Flames.
    We plan on rolling the clock back to 03/04 and then avoid all the stupid decisions that took them to a mediocre 2011.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes. Pre lockout flames would be a better target to aim for.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Northwest division is going to be a tough one. Don't think well see the same division winner too often. Anyone wanna swap?