Thread: Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Bobrovsky

So, I'm shopping Bobrovsky in my keeper league. Hot rookie goaltender has a great first season = good chance of stinking it up next year ala Steve Mason or to a lesser extent Tuukka Rask. While it's not a given, I don't really want to keep 4 goalies and he is the one I'm most comfortable giving up.

I'm really looking for a RW in return, what type of players should I be targeting. Is Bob worth a 65 or 70 point player in return?

Ideally I'm going to package him with someone for a 2-for-1 upgrade, but there is no guarantee that I'm able to.

Just want to get a feel for his value and what you guys would be willing to give up for him

League details in sig.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Administrator

I have Bobrovsky and I'm asking the world for him. Why not? He's got great stats on an awesome team and stands a good chance of repeating that performance. So long as you aren't leaning on him he is an excellent goaltender. When someone inquired about Bob, I asked for Iginla but that made sense for my league because wins largely determine the value of goalies in my league. With peripheral stats I'd say Bob's value gets bumped down but you are well within your rights to ask for a 60-70 point player. We'll see if you get one though.

You may find you are better off inquiring about one of those young on the cusp players that people may still be sleeping on. It's possible the Voracek or Okposo owner in your league has soured and would be open to a swap. Conversely, you could also go after an aging vet who someone may have soured on like people did with Iginla last year. Someone like Thornton or Heatley.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks metaldude, that's kind of what I figured. I had some interest in him from another GM already but I've never been able to pull a trade with him. He makes some ridiculous offers sometimes.

I offered Bob & 1 of Omark/McDonald/Doan/Shattenkirk but he said none of those players would make his keeper list. Honestly, I feel that I would keep many of those players over his borderline keepers like Hornqvist, D'Agostini or Meszaros, but people value players differently.

I may try to target Okposo. The owner of Thornton and Heatley lost to me in the finals and has a very good team. I doubt I will be able to pull a two-for-one trade with him, but it's worth a shot. His goaltending is a big part of what cost hime the title.

Thanks for the input man

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Thanks metaldude, that's kind of what I figured. I had some interest in him from another GM already but I've never been able to pull a trade with him. He makes some ridiculous offers sometimes.

I offered Bob & 1 of Omark/McDonald/Doan/Shattenkirk but he said none of those players would make his keeper list. Honestly, I feel that I would keep many of those players over his borderline keepers like Hornqvist, D'Agostini or Meszaros, but people value players differently.

I may try to target Okposo. The owner of Thornton and Heatley lost to me in the finals and has a very good team. I doubt I will be able to pull a two-for-one trade with him, but it's worth a shot. His goaltending is a big part of what cost hime the title.

Thanks for the input man
    If that's the best you can get for Bobrovsky, I'd still pull the trigger. Okposo should be a good one.

I think Bob is worth a 65/70 point player for sure. Goalies are a premium but so are 70 point forwards. Good luck to you!
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends how much goalies are weighted. I've never been, and continue not to be, a Bob believer though. How the hell does a goalie play behind the league's best D and not post a shutout?

I'd move him for Okposo though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Depends how much goalies are weighted. I've never been, and continue not to be, a Bob believer though. How the hell does a goalie play behind the league's best D and not post a shutout?

I'd move him for Okposo though.

I'd take Vancouver's D over Philly any day.

GAA this year Philly is ranked 9th... Yes I realize Pronger has been hurt but don't even get me started on Vancouver's back end!
    Last edited by Narayan; April 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM.
    Hellfish Hockey League
    www.Hellfishhockey.ca

In The Crease
    www.inthecrease.ca

Dobber Sports Icon

Alright, so I currently have an offer of Zetterberg for Omark and Bobrovsky. Probably the best offer I'm going to get and I think it's a no-brainer accept. Am I right?

Omark won't make my 15 keepers and while I'm not keen on keeping Zetterberg and Datsyuk, I'm sure I can flip one of them.

That leaves McDonald, Doan, Stepan and Shattenkirk outside my keepers who I will try to package for upgrades or make room for by upgrading other players.

Rolston, Clarkson and Russel are my outright drops.

Administrator

That's an easy accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    I'd take Vancouver's D over Philly any day.

GAA this year Philly is ranked 9th... Yes I realize Pronger has been hurt but don't even get me started on Vancouver's back end!
    I should have said one of the best... but still:

Pronger-Timonen
    Meszaros-Coburn
    Carle-O'Donnell

vs

Edler-Hamhuis
    Ballard-Ehrhoff
    Salo-Bieksa

Both pretty damn impressive. Though I'd take Pronger over any Vancouver d-man and Timonen over most.

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Alright, so I currently have an offer of Zetterberg for Omark and Bobrovsky. Probably the best offer I'm going to get and I think it's a no-brainer accept. Am I right?

Omark won't make my 15 keepers and while I'm not keen on keeping Zetterberg and Datsyuk, I'm sure I can flip one of them.

That leaves McDonald, Doan, Stepan and Shattenkirk outside my keepers who I will try to package for upgrades or make room for by upgrading other players.

Rolston, Clarkson and Russel are my outright drops.
    No brainer man. Get Zetterberg!

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's decent but not great. Bob's got really good long-term value. His excellent KHL stats on an average team, superb lateral mobility and quickness all attest to that. Keep in mind, it's his first season in N.A. and he's never had a workload this heavy but still put up great stats. Ignore the loss tonight, Philly's just in a bit of a funk.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    It's decent but not great. Bob's got really good long-term value. His excellent KHL stats on an average team, superb lateral mobility and quickness all attest to that. Keep in mind, it's his first season in N.A. and he's never had a workload this heavy but still put up great stats. Ignore the loss tonight, Philly's just in a bit of a funk.
    Bit is an understatement. And I'd say it's less of a funk and more of a nagging injury. Something strange called nopronger-itis.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Bit is an understatement. And I'd say it's less of a funk and more of a nagging injury. Something strange called nopronger-itis.
    Yea, they've suffered from it at various periods this year.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yea, they've suffered from it at various periods this year.
    The sad thing is our Oilers still have a full blown case of nopronger-itis.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I was trying to be polite, lol. My secondary concern is that Philly is calling up Leighton, which could kill Bob's confidence and cause a whole crap load of issues. Bobrovsky was playing so well until last night, despite the team's crapfest as of late, why the hell do you call up Leighton now? Holmgren=

With no intention of pigeon-holing all Russian goalies, many seem to be really temperamental and I am worried this could do long term damage to Sergei's psyche.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne