Thread: Finals Tips: Vokoun Unlikely - Suggested Replacement

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Finals Tips: Vokoun Unlikely - Suggested Replacement

I just posted some info on Vokoun, although it doesn't confirm 100%. He seems unlikely for wednesday, and uncertain after that.

Seems clemmenson is likely to play the next 2... (see my post on injury section).

FYI to those who want to add Clemmenson (he plays next FLA game at least).

Looking at the remaining schedules;
    - NJ: (confirmed)Broduer will start WEDNESDAY vs Leafs, and SUNDAY vs Boston.
    - VAN: Schneider will probably get 1 of the remaining starts, luongo starts tomorrow at least.
    - LA: Bernier could get one of the b2b if they keep the usual weekly 1 game deal..seeing as he has been solid i would expect it to continue
    - TAM: has a b2b, smith probably will play at least 1?
    - ATL: I read "Chris Mason will likely start against his former team [tomorrow] if coach Craig Ramsay continues to alternate goaltenders for the final games of the season."

i'd keep your heads up... may get some extra late goalie games if you need them....

as for my team, I have Crawford, Niemi, Vokoun (I face Emery/Pavelec/Rinne)... seeing as vokoun could be dead weight i'm tempted to drop him for a forward or another goalie. Hedberg is looking mighty fine right now...

Guys in my league available:
    - C mason (@Nsh (@NYR or Car) )
    - Smith (suspect @CAR
    - DipIetro ????
    - Hedberg (vs Leafs, vs Bos)
    - Clemmenson (@WSH, @TAM, possibly WSH)
    - Raycroft, could play a COLor@COL game...

- Hedberg or Mason seem a good bet..., i think i may just roll Hedberg and drop Vokoun. Irony is I had hedberg friday, i dropped him thinking he wouldn't get any more games... i shouldn't have wasted the move

hopefully my tips/info helps some of you... keep in mind this is just off research and some analysis, gl with your finals!
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

I like Hedberg. He's going to get two starts, Lemaire said so recently; or so I read.

I dropped Vokoun recently myself. 5 days to go and DTD on my bench ain't doin' me no damn good.
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Hedberg is really the only option here. He's the only one of those guys that's assured starts right now.
    Yahoo! Keeper League (5 keepers)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, FW, shots, hits, blocks, W, sv%, GAA, SO

C: Seguin, Toews, Krejci, Bjugstad, Nelson
    RW: Tarasenko, Hayes, Vrbata, Jagr
    LW: E. Kane, JVR, Soderberg, Killorn
    D: OEL, Yandle, Green, Campbell
    G: Halak, Anderson, Hiller

Quote Originally Posted by dmfitzpatrick29 View Post
    I think Hedberg is really the only option here. He's the only one of those guys that's assured starts right now.
    id say mason is as well... unfortunately... both mason got owned tonight...and hedberg played tonight instead of tomorrow... neither helping many potential owners...

i have 3 moves left myself so careful moves are the best moves... I have Vokoun, Nash, and now Clowe wasting away potentially on my roster. UGH... at least niemi and crawford have been throwing up solid numbers.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -