View Poll Results: Select the Dobber Farm Team Franchise Name!

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • Dobber's Black Aces

35 50.72%
  • The Hidden Gems

34 49.28%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Farm Finals H2H] DBA vs. Gems

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

andddd i forgot to vote lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow this one is tight!
    Dobbs shoutout certainly helped DBA!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Wolverine

Wow, the Black Aces with the comeback! Congratuations! Too bad my Gems didn't make it, those are the breaks.

However, I'm not so sure the guy in charge should be pushing one name or another - even it were the Gems he preferred. It's supposed to be for us to decide which name is chosen without any outside influence.

I know that his opinion carries a lot of weight, so some people will naturally go with his choice. I know we make our own decisions, but it's possible that some who weren't sure if they were voting got the push they needed.

I'm not saying that the Black Aces doesn't deserve it, but would prefer if Dobber didn't say 'Vote for ...' just so that people vote. It doesn't matter which name he pushed - I don't particularly like the method.

I'm expecting some negative comments coming back to me, but this is meant to be constructive.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Wow, the Black Aces with the comeback! Congratuations! Too bad my Gems didn't make it, those are the breaks.

However, I'm not so sure the guy in charge should be pushing one name or another - even it were the Gems he preferred. It's supposed to be for us to decide which name is chosen without any outside influence.

I know that his opinion carries a lot of weight, so some people will naturally go with his choice. I know we make our own decisions, but it's possible that some who weren't sure if they were voting got the push they needed.

I'm not saying that the Black Aces doesn't deserve it, but would prefer if Dobber didn't say 'Vote for ...' just so that people vote. It doesn't matter which name he pushed - I don't particularly like the method.

I'm expecting some negative comments coming back to me, but this is meant to be constructive.
    Have to agree with horrorfan even though I obviously was cheering for Black Aces.

The thing I noticed and appreciated all along was the fact that Dobber stayed out of the whole thing not backing any of the names.

Then on the last day he comes out to put his weight behind Black Aces. I didn't think that was right. I know it's his site & all & I wouldn't have had a problem if he had backed a name early on in the competition but that close to the end... well. I wish he would have stayed silent.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Valid arguments - It's unfortunate that it came down to one vote and without that weighted pull, things could have gone either way.

But it's all said and done and Black Aces came out on top. (Announcement to come shortly)

On a side note, does that mean blackaces will make extra appearances
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Ace

Without the weighted pull it would have gone to the hidden gems. Before the pull the Gems were winning by 7 I believe. Even after the pull; at the original end time the Gems were still winning... And the end time was only extended because dobber announced it.

Also you can not say that if the end time was not extended the voting would have differed... It would not have because the only place where they announced it was in this thread and if you read the thread you will almost definitely immediately vote.

Therefore, if either dobber had not pulled for the DBA or the time had not been extended the Gems would have went.

That is just me being the devils advocate, obviously both names are good and were quite close in popularity. Congrats DBA.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Stud

Since we are venting...and don't take this personal Gates because kudos to you for coming up with this idea & putting the time & effort into it...

but I would have liked ALL suggestions to have had the chance to go to a vote rather than Gates picking which ones made it to the brackets. Who knows, there may have been some very popular names that didn't nake the cut based on Gates opinion alone.

I think it is a shame that we didn't get to vote on all submissions and I don't think it would have extended the process that much longer.

But all in all it was a very creative idea & process & a lot of fun.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Any and all criticism is accepted and you brought up a good point Excelsior.

In fact, I know I missed a couple of decent Entries that could have challenged.

I have definitely learned a great deal of the steps needed to take when faced with creating "big" contests via multiple polls. That will be reflected in future events such as this one.

That said, the announcement will have to wait until later this evening due to my desktop overheating / blue screen of death - terrible afternoon in that regard.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Sage

Black Aces...nice. I like it.
    @tlucarelli on twitter