Thread: Evaluating Allen York

The King of Diatribes

Default Evaluating Allen York

Here's some of my scouting notes and insight on the signing of Allen York. He will definitely be on my Top-100 Prospects Rankings for April. Very good combination of size and quickness and Columbus has one of the weakest depth charts in the NHL.

Enjoy!

http://thegoalieguild.com/2011/03/columbus-signs-york/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks a lot for this tidbit, really well done.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

The King of Diatribes

Just an update ...

Allen York has won his first two games for Springfield. I actually got to watch about 1:30 worth of highlights from his first game (only 14 saves on 16 shots) and he looked very confident and was aggressive.

He can definitely hang at the AHL level...and I do fully expect him to claim a role in Springfield next year.

My early projections:

Mason
    Garon (or another vet goalie if Garon walks)
    Wesslau
    York

for CBJ's depth chart.

York will definitely be on the Top-100 Prospects Rankings when I make the next update. He will be a steady riser, since Columbus has one of the weakest depth charts in the NHL.

I've always been a fan of York's, but it's tough to put him on the Top-100 as an un-signed junior goalie.

This is what makes tracking prospects so amazing. EVERYTHING changed in a week for him. Had a good showing in the NCAA tourney, signed an entry-level deal, went straight to the AHL and won his first two games. He went from off the list to a goalie you might want to start securing if you are in deep keeper leagues. He DEFINITELY has NHL upside.

The King of Diatribes

Wesslau went back to Djurgarden due to the vacancy opened by Owuya signing.
    Vacancy in Springfield now filled by Allen York for sure. He will continue to soar in the Top-100 Rankings.

I was wrong about Wesslau. I wonder how much more effective his rookie season would have been if it weren't for the injury. Tough season to stomach, coming straight over from Sweden, being on a young team with not a lot of experience on defense. LeNeveu had the experience on his side ... not a real quality situation for Wesslau.

Oh well, this is great news for the rising number of York owners around the world. I advise to snag him now...he's only going to get more opportunities in Columbus.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Do we drop Wesslau with confidence now?
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

The King of Diatribes