Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [March 28th] OHL Weekly Ramblings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Check out the Highlights from Rogers Sportsnet on the OHL Cup tournament here
    http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...54258f623222bd

Dobber Sports Padawan

BigEv is right about Ottawa.

Mrazek has been their best player, loosing a major part of their defense in Gibbons isn't doing them any favors and Prince coming back from three weeks off via concussion has got to be a difficult situation to step into.

That being said, Sudbury look like the number 2 seed and the 67's look like the number 7 seed. Ottawa has simply had no business being in this series.

I only was able to see the 3rd period and overtime of Game 3, so I missed the first 2 periods where Ottawa were actually playing fairly well (from what I've heard anyway). Then they go and take 5 penalties in the third and completely blow the hard work of the first two periods out the door.

At least they're a fairly young team and most will be back to hopefully improve on this year's season.

One small gripe:

Ottawa is supposed to have home ice advantage. They've played three games of this series and have yet to actually play on their own ice surface. Every year the 67's get screwed out their own rink by some one off crap home show. Unacceptable.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I wouldn't write the 67's off just yet. They may be down 3-0 but they only need to win one game in Sudbury's rink as the scheduling favours their home ice the rest of the way. Ottawa is a talented team and should still make a series out of it.

Last year, Windsor was down 3-0 to Kitchener and they came back to win the series. Personally, I am not counting Ottawa out of it yet but obviously they need to improve if they have a chance against this fiesty Wolves team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

In an extremely important game for Landeskog and his Kitchener Rangers tonight the plot took an interesting twist.

Kitchener needed the win tonight to tie the series at 2 games a piece. Kitchener led 4-1 at one point and then again 5-3 only to see Plymouth make a late 3rd period comeback (goals scored at 18:15 and 19:52 of the 3rd). If there was ever a game I should've watched online, it was this one (*kicking myself as we speak*). Apparently, two of this years' draft eligible players were the highlight of the game. Landeskog had 2G, 1A for Kitchener and Stefan Noesen had 2G and 2A (including the overtime winner).

Did anyone catch this game?

Kitchener now trails 3-1 in the series....oh oh

Game 5 (do-or-die for the Rangers) is Friday @ 7:30 at the Kitchener Aud.

Windsor beat the Erie Otters 7-4 to take a 3-1 series lead as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

BREAKING NEWS:
    @ShawnCayley: Aaron Ekblad gets his exceptional player status from OHF and will likely be first overall pick in #OHL draft. First since Tavares in 2005."
    This is the same exemption Tavares received

Huge news for Sarnia as they will get one of the players I want them to take (they better at least) - Ekblad, Nurse, Subban, or Ritchie

Full Ekblad Story Here
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; March 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Guelph really needs to draft a centerman this year.

Our current centers for next season: Francis Menard (who isn't even a true center) and rookie Patrick Watling.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Team needs.

1st Overall Pick - Barrie:
    Needs: Defenseman - insert Aaron Ekblad

2nd Overall Pick - Peterborough
    Needs: C, LW, D - If I were them, I go Ritchie but they could opt for Nurse

3rd Overall Pick - Sault Ste. Marie
    Needs: F - Ritchie if the Petes let him slide, otherwise I take Maletta, Baptiste, or Perklin

4th Overall Pick - Sarnia Sting
    Needs: Defense - Nurse, Subban or Ritchie (if he falls). If all three of those kids are gone I could see them take a leader like Cianfrone (captain of Marlboros). Personally, I want them to take one of Nurse, Subban, Ritchie or Bo Horvat

5th Overall Pick - Belleville Bulls
    Needs: They want another Subban so maybe they make a trade with Sarnia if Subban falls to 4th. They could use help in all positions so look for them to take the best player available.

I cannot wait until May 7th

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

We have our first upset. The Sudbury Wolves (2) won tonight 5-3 over the Ottawa 67s (2). Ottawa even held a 3-1 lead in this must win game

Sudbury sweeps Ottawa

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow those series in the eastern conference were exciting.

And yes, that was sarcastic.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Guelph Storm forward Cody McNaughton suspended for two games. It's a shame because he had been playing very well so far in the playoffs.

I also do not believe this hit was that bad at all.

If anyone wants to see it, here is the link:

http://guelphstorm.com/video/index/i...0f8fce5c8afca3

The hit is around the 2:10 mark