Thread: [2011 OHL Playoffs] DY's OHL Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [2011 OHL Playoffs] DY's OHL Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions

EASTERN CONFERENCE MATCHUPS - competing for the Bobby Orr Trophy

Mississauga St. Michael's Majors (1) vs. Belleville Bulls (8)

vs

• Majors-Bulls' Season Series: Majors won 3-1
    • Preview: There are not many critics predicting that the Bulls win a single game in this series. Unfortunately for Belleville, I don't have the balls to do it either. Mississauga has been simply dominant the entire season and they have won their past ten games. Belleville squeeked into the OHL playoffs on the final day of the regular season and they will be hard-pressed to win a single game.
    • Prediction: Majors in 4
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; March 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ottawa 67's (2) vs. Sudbury Wolves (7)
    vs

• Wolves-67's' Season Series: 67's won 2-0
    • Preview: The Ottawa-Sudbury series is one of the best matchups in the Eastern Conference. Sudbury struggled against the 67s this season but the 67s are battling some key injuries to important players. Shane Prince and Cody Lindsay will play through their injuries but Thomas Nesbitt is questionable and defenseman Gibbons will not be able to play due to a broken ankle. Sudbury is a gritty team and they play a smart game so Ottawa will need to play strong defensively to move on to the next round.
    • Prediction: 67's in 5

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Niagara IceDogs (3) vs. Brampton Battalion (6)
    vs

• IceDogs-Battalion Season Series: IceDogs won 4-2
    • Preview: Traditionally, Brampton has boosted some strong teams under coach Stan Butler but the Battalion will be in tough with Niagara. The IceDogs ice a very talented squad led by Ryan Strome and Alex Friesen upfront, Dougie Hamilton on the backend and Mark Visentin between the pipes. The IceDogs are extremely deep. The Battalion struggled all season to put the puck in the net as they finished near the bottom in goals for. The lack of scoring does not match up well against the OHLs sixth highest scoring team.
    • Prediction: IceDogs in 5

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Oshawa Generals (4) vs. Kingston Frontenacs (5)
    vs
    • Generals-Frontenacs' Season Series: Oshawa 5-3
    • Preview: The Generals-Frontenacs is probably the closest matchup in the East. However, Kingston will be without one of their leaders, Ethan Werek, as he received a suspension for elbowing an opponent to the head. Werek will return for game three of the series. The Frontenacs will need to rely heavily upon their veteran defensive presence in the towering 6-foot 7-inch Taylor Doherty and third overall selection in the 2010 NHL draft Erik Gudbranson. Doherty and Gudbranson will have their work cut out for them as they try to shut down OHL regular season goals leader Christian Thomas, Boone Jenner, Lucas Lessio and 2011 top prospect Nicklas Jensen. On the other side, OHL veteran Calvin de Haan (New York Islanders) will have to watch the Frontenacs carefully too as they are more than capable of burying the puck in the net with the offensive presence of Ryan Spooner (impressive Bruins prospect), Nathan Moon and both Gudbranson brothers. I fully expect this series to go the distance and be very physical.
    • Prediction: Generals in 7

OHL Pick-Em CHALLENGE:

Try your own luck at correctly picking the brackets for the OHL playoffs

CLICK here

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unfortunately my computer crashed a few days ago so I am restricted to using my BB for posting until I purchase a new one. As a result, I will not be posting long Previews like I did for the first round of action. However, I will provide my Predictions and hope to do as well as the 3 for 4 I got in the first round of the Eastern Conference

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

vs.

Prediction; Mississauga Majors in 6

vs.

Prediction: Oshawa in 7