Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Icon

Not going to be doing much of a preview for tonights game, just having a contrary day and don't feel I can give it the attention it deserves.

A few quick notes:

-No Bruins fan has forgot about last year. We do not take a 2-0 lead for granted and we will not be looking towards the next round until we are shaking Philly's hands and sending them to the golf course.

-McQuaid has a sprained neck and looks like a no go for tonight. Shane Hnidy will probably get the nod for about 5 minutes of ice time. Chara should play 30 minutes, Boychuk and Ference will need to step it up as well.

-Timmy Thomas is really finding his game. He has let in a lot of early goals this post-season though. Let's hope that trend stops tonight. The Bruins are finally playing with a never give up attitude that has been lacking over the past couple of seasons. That will be their key to coming away with a W this series.

Hope to get back to better recaps/previews happening again soon. If anyone else wishes to add their thoughts though, I would welcome it.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Haven't got to watch this video yet, but Puck Daddy seemed to like it. Bruins fan pranks Habs fan boss:

http://vimeo.com/23220094

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Haven't got to watch this video yet, but Puck Daddy seemed to like it. Bruins fan pranks Habs fan boss:

http://vimeo.com/23220094
    best. prank. ever.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Administrator

Flyers have the Bruins right where they want em.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Flyers have the Bruins right where they want em.
    Mike Micolli has a good take on why this shouldn't (I hesitate to use the word "won't") be a repeat of last year.

http://thehockeywriters.com/history-...ent-this-year/

Dobber Sports Icon

Default A few thoughts after Game 3

For the second year in a row, the Boston Bruins have taken a 3-0 series lead in Round 2 against the Flyers.

This is by-and-large the same Flyers team that was able to rally last year and humiliate the Bruins. However, barring a Boucher injury and Bobrovsky going Michael Leighton style on our asses, the Bruins should be able to avoid that fate again.

The sting is still fresh in the minds of many members of this Bruins team, namely Bergeron, Recchi, Thornton, Ference and many others. They will be playing harder than ever to avoid the fate that befell them last year.

New faces like Horton, Kelly and Marchand are making huge contributions to the team.

Tim Thomas, who was benched last season is proving why he is the front-runner for the Vezina this year.

Krejci and Seidenberg are both playing after missing time in last years series (knock on wood).

This is not the 2010 Bruins!!

That being said, it is not outside the realm of possibility for Philly to come back. I will not breathe a sigh of relief until Boston sends those hated Flyers packing.

So, while fans in Philly joke and bring up last year, us Bruins fans will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for Boston to nail the coffin lid shut. I have faith boys, you can finish the job this year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Puck Daddy linked to this Bruins Blog article with the following note today:

Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid(notes) is progressing back from that sprained neck. The team is optimistic, but you never know when his recovery might hit a wall.
    Funny... cruel... but funny. Here's the article:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ce_before.html

Get better Quaider!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Congratulations 4T2 your Bruins were AWESOME! I hope they go all the way!

Any info on Bergeron?
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks man, they played their hearts out in that series. I hope they can keep up the effort.

As far as Bergy goes, most places are reporting a mild concussion and predicting that he will miss a game or two, but I'm sure you've heard that by now. I'm hoping that the Western series' go 7 games as it will give him more time to recover. Without him, I don't like the Bruins chances, although it would give Seguin a chance to shine. I don't see Julien giving him a very long leash though.

Dobber Sports Icon

Adam McQuaid completed a full-contact practice today.

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/05...tact-practice/

Good news for Boston as I would hate to see Chara and Seidenberg have to play 30-minutes every night of the TB series. As much as I appreciate Hnidy's contributions to the team in his previous run, he just isn't reliable enough to have out there regularly anymore.

Funny exchange on Twitter regarding this incident:
    @TheBruinsBlog - McQuaid makes his way through Bruins' full-contact practice

@wyshynski - Thankfully didn't try to make his way through end boards

Dobber Sports Icon

Seguin will make his NHL Playoff debut in Game 1 of the ECFs against Tampa Bay. So far in practice it looks like he will play RW alongside Peverley and Ryder. Chris Kelly, who has been the Bruins best deadline acquisition this season, has been bumped up to take Bergeron's place between Recchi and Marchand.

Seguin is a proven playoff performer at lower levels, notching 10 points in 9 playoff games with Plymouth last year. The year before he had 16 in 11GP. While he won't be counted on to produce offense on the Bruins, the Seguin/Ryder/Pev line could surprise everyone as they all have shown a flair for offense.

Most Boston fans are simply hoping that Seguin doesn't become a defensive liability for his club. I think we should hope for more than that. Both internationally and in junior, Seguin has proven himself. I don't believe he will fill Bergeron's skates this year, but if he pots a couple of goals and plays with some heart, I will be ecstatic.

The Kelly/Recchi/Marchand line should be extremely fun to watch. All three of these guys are defensively responsible and capable of pitching in a little offensive. They will be there to shut down one of TBs top lines and will be backed up by the best fourth line in the NHL.

Losing Bergeron hurts, but our Bruins are still more than capable of pulling out a win in this series.

Dobber Sports Icon

Schedule for the Bruins/Lightning series has been released:

Saturday, May 14 at Boston, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    Tuesday, May 17 at Boston, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    Thursday, May 19 at Tampa Bay, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    Saturday, May 21 at Tampa Bay, 1:30 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS
    *Monday, May 23 at Boston, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Wednesday, May 25 at Tampa Bay, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
    *Friday, May 27 at Boston, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Full schedule for the next round here:
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

Dobber Sports Icon

Not much news coming out of Boston right now. I'm used to going through Bruins withdrawl this time of year, but that's because they're usually out of it by now.

-Bergeron is still not skating. Following protocol for concussions.

-Kampfer has been cleared for contact again.

-McQuaid is a good possibility for Saturday's game.

Other than that, according to Joe Haggerty, Shawn Thornton was asked to describe Brad Marchand in one word, his response... "short". I still say he's the funniest guy in hockey. Check out Things Shawn Thornton Has Said for more gems.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ugh, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I fell asleep during the second period of Game 1. The first time that the Bruins have made it to the ECFs since I was 7-years-old and I fall asleep? Must have had something to do with the wobbly-pops I was sipping on all day.

Anyways, what I did get to see in the first impressed me. Other than the 1:25 that it took Tampa to score their 3 goals, the Bruins pretty much dominated the first. Judging by the highlights and the other recaps I've read, they played very well in the 2nd and 3rd.

-Thomas got better as the game went on. Timmy doesn't put up great numbers in spot starts as demonstrated last year when playing behind Rask. He is a workhorse and needs to have a steady workload to get in rhythm. Round 1 was a perfect example. After shaking the rust, he made some spectacular saves. Don't expect a repeat of those 3 quick goals to get past Thomas again.

-Wow, the Lightning have awoken an angry bear. Boston took some stupid penalties late out of frustration. The game was pretty much lost by then anyway. I can see the Bruins coming out in Game 2 and laying down the physical punishment. As long as they keep it clean, this will be a great strategy. My only worry is that they push Steve Downie to snap and he injures a key piece to the Bruins... again.

-Tyler Seguin absolutely undressed the Lightning defense to get his first playoff goal. I wish I would have seen the rest of the game. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why he played under 10 minutes. Was he that bad defensively?

Anyway, Game 2 goes tonight, can't wait. I may have to slide an energy drink in there somewhere between the beers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hopefully the Bruins will give you more excitement tomorrow, they just deflated after the Kabele gaffe (damn, he looks nervous with the puck). As for Seguin, he was actually one of the few B's who was generating offensive opportunities & spark almost every time he was on the ice. I don't understand why Julien held him back so much, because I didn't see him as a defensive liability. I'm hoping to see more of him tomorrow night, perhaps even on the PP, as Angus mentioned in his ramblings.

P.S. I laughed out loud when I read that you fell asleep. Good on you to admit it. Rep coming your way for honesty and humor.
    Last edited by MoreCanadianTeams; May 16, 2011 at 1:22 PM.