Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving Giraffe View Post

Predictably as confirmed by Fluto Shinzowa, Seguin and Peverley are the leading candidates for the second line RW position... worth watching if you're in an ESPN or other league that's generous with positional eligibility.
    My $$$ keeper league is a very shallow pool.
    2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G x15 teams. (8 keepers)

Seguin at RW has value.
    Seguin at C probably no value until he puts up 70pts.

Keep us posted on this one!

Last year I drafted Seguin and eventually ended up straight-dropping him.

Dobber Sports Star

Apologies if this has been addressed already, but what to expect from Peverley this season?

He looks to be playing with Bergeron and Marchant - is this going to be a set line? Think he can hit 60 points this year?

Thanks - debating about adding him off the wire before he gets scooped up
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Seguin at RW has value. Seguin at C probably no value until he puts up 70pts. Keep us posted on this one!
    Seguin's looking great (3 goals in 4 games) so far this preseason. He's back and forth between lines and I'd be lying if I said I knew the %, but NHL.com's Matt Cubeta predicts a move to RW for the season in a recent "sleeper picks" article. Good word from NESN's Joe Haggarty, too, pointing out that "Seguin leads all Bruins in preseason scoring and has done everything the B’s coaching staff and management could have possibly wanted to see heading into this year. He looks primed and ready for the season to begin."

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Apologies if this has been addressed already, but what to expect from Peverley this season? He looks to be playing with Bergeron and Marchant - is this going to be a set line? Think he can hit 60 points this year? Thanks - debating about adding him off the wire before he gets scooped up
    Peverley has performed well with both the second and third lines so far this preseason. In four games played, he has a goal and three assists. Unlike Cubeta I think that he'll edge out Seguin for the second line spot to start the season, but TS has so much upside (and Peverley's got such great two-way chemistry with Kelly and Campbell) that I don't doubt it will be subject to change. Haggarty pointed out yesterday that Peverley has been key on the powerplay for the B's in the preseason, which is partly why I expect him to get a longer look on a scoring line (in the interest of chemistry). In any case, I think that 45-50 pts is a safer projection, but if this PP thing pans out then he could certainly hit 55-60. (Note: same article, Julien is quoted as relying on Seguin for the PP half-boards as well.)
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around to answer questions or provide coverage. Just got a lot more responsibility at work. Wish I could say it was a promotion, but those tend to come with more money and a better title haha.

Anyway, thank you TG for answering those questions. I don't really have much to add.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

I noticed Corvo almost doubled Chara in PP time (near 6 minutes to near 3 minutes). I would assume this is part of the honeymoon with Corve (see what he can do) and a bit of an effort to rest Chara.

Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Icon

I had to log on to talk about how great the Bruins are doing now. Not trying to brag or anything... meh who am I kidding?!? OF COURSE I'M HERE TO BRAG, WE'VE WON 10... count em... 10 GAMES IN A ROW!!!

We are tied for 1st in the Northeast with two games in hand over the (surprising) Maple Leafs.

We have a goal differential of +27 which is a huge lead over San Jose's second place measly +15.

We are UNDEFEATED in the month of November with only 3 games left to play.

Tim Thomas is sporting a sparkling 1.85 GAA and 3.96 SV%.

Tyler Seguin is leading the league in +/- at plus-18 and has 23 points in 20 games... Sorry Leafs fans, but "thank you Kessel" is right. Kessel may be on fire this year but he didn't make his teammates better the way Seguin does. Bergy and Marchand are on pace for excellent years in large part thanks to Seguin.

Milan Lucic is back to his hard hitting productive self. While he may not have let up much on the Miller hit, I don't think he was fully out of line. Could have been a major but definitely not suspendable. Watching him pummel Gaustad was great too, but props to the Sabre for having the balls to go up against this beast.

Chara is showing why he is not only one of the best d-men in real life but why he's fantasy gold right now too with 15pts, plus-12 and 36 PIMs through 20 games.

Chris Kelly is an amazing short-term pickup to replace any injuries right now. Great surprise. Way better acquisition than Kaberle was last year for our Stanley Cup Run.

The only player who has in any way disappointed so far is Krejci which has even led to some trade rumors. Hopefully the 10-game winning streak makes these morons give their heads a shake. Krejci was the leading scorer in the playoffs last year (not just for Boston, but the WHOLE LEAGUE). Why the hell would the Bruins trade a guy like that?!?

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now, just figured I better bring it up now with a game against the always tough Red Wings this afternoon. Good possibility the streak ends, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep on rollin through Motown tonight either.

Images couretesy of Masshole Sports

Dobber Sports Icon

A little late, but did anyone see that Bruins/Leafs game and that one even-strength shift the Lucic/Krejci/Horton line had? I think it was in the 3rd period. Absolutely DOMINANT shift, just wore them down, had to be at least a minute and a half, maybe two minutes, maybe more, of puck possession based on a beautiful combo of physical aggression/forechecking and short passes. Absolutely amazing, that team is just hitting its stride and I would not be surprised at all if they break the barrier against teams winning back to back Cups which we haven't seen since the 97-98 Wings. Depth all-around and a stellar goaltending tandem. What a team.

That said, I would love to see the Habs get another crack at them in the post-season. As much as the Habs have had a tough/poor start, if they can scrounge up a nice winning streak and put themselves in a playoff spot, their speed could wreak havoc against the Bruins much like it did in last year's series, and with a Markov back by then (cross fingers!) that would add a whole other dimension, could be another epic series.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Dammit, had a nice long write-up almost finished for the first time in forever. Hit the wrong button and my browser went back and lost it. So we'll just do some quick points:

8 Bruins had multi-point nights, 5 of whom had 3-points

Rask got his third shut out in four games. He is riding a five game winning streak and has won 9 of his last 11 appearances.

Good thing Chris Butler of Calgary isn't fantasy relevant. He finished minus-7 on the night, the worst performance since Doug Wilson did it in 1993.

Brad Marchand missed the game with flu symptoms. Zach Hammil played in his absence, but it was Benoit Pouliot who filled in on his line. Pouliot responded with 3-assists. You could stick my 87-year-old Grandma out there with Seguin and Bergy and she'd probably notch some points. Hell, I'll top that, I bet even Scott Gomez would get going on that line.

Anyway, the Bruins keep rolling on. They have won 85% of their games since going 3-7 to start the season. If they keep that rate up, they could clinch a playoff spot by the end of February (assuming 96-points to get in). It's a great time to be a Bruins fan.

Dobber Sports Icon

Should have posted this earlier, but just for the record, Lucic had his game misconduct rescinded. Here's the link

This mean's no suspension for Looch, now to see what they do with Marchand.

Banned

wtf is going on with this team???

down 4-0 already to TB tonight, they are 7-11-1 since the start of FEB...and 11 of those games came against teams in the bottom half of the league standings...also during that period they have been outscored 59-47. I made the polar opposite of this post several months ago when the Bruins were absolutely dominating the league which is why I find this so bizarre. Teams go thru slumps, we see it all the time but I can't recall ever seeing such a complete reversal in a team...the only thing that comes to mind is that crazy turnaround by Jersey (last year wasn't it?)

Dobber Sports Monster

Well Bruins fans..it was a short ride this year. It ends premature. I was rooting for the B's vs the Caps.

So now what?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Well Bruins fans..it was a short ride this year. It ends premature. I was rooting for the B's vs the Caps.

So now what?
    Claude Julien and Alain Vigneault for the Montreal coaching job.....

Dobber Sports Master

Question for B's fans. A lot of writers are saying that Thomas might have played his last game as a Bruin. So 2 questions:

1) Do you agree?
    2) Do you want him to be shipped out?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thomas will still be a BRUIN next year unless they get an offer they can't refuse. And I really don't see that happening. Yes, Timothy James Thomas, Jr. is 38 but by the way he plays, he really doesn't seem that old and I really believe he has alot more to contribute.. Hell, he was an all-star this year.. Don't write him off soooooo soon!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Question for B's fans. A lot of writers are saying that Thomas might have played his last game as a Bruin. So 2 questions:

1) Do you agree?
    2) Do you want him to be shipped out?
    1) NO
    2) Hell NO
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..