Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow, sorry for no updates in so long guys. It's been almost a month since I posted.

Thanks for filling in on the Peverley assessment TG, I can't really add anything to it. Injuries could see him slot in the Top 6 but I see him as a third line guy for the time being.

I will try to make a decent post about the fantasy value of the Bruins in the near future. It's my busy season at work right now though.

On a side note, got to talk to Brad Marchand the other day when he did a local radio show. I asked him if he had any big plans for the Cup. He said he might eat some cereal out of it or something. Not the most charismatic interviewee but that doesn't diminish my excitement to go meet him and see the Cup on Aug 29. I'll post some pics for you guys afterwards.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Magnificent One

is there any update on horton? all summer reports (him having a parade and all that) seems to be that his concussion from the playoffs is behind him. and this is a scary thing to ask but has he been skating? any workouts? is it really behind him or is there any concern for next season?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    is there any update on horton? all summer reports (him having a parade and all that) seems to be that his concussion from the playoffs is behind him. and this is a scary thing to ask but has he been skating? any workouts? is it really behind him or is there any concern for next season?
    I've read that he has been symptom-free since June and that they are expecting him at training camp. I haven't found any info on him skating or working out intensely yet but I will let you know if I do.

My biggest concern (fantasy hockey wise) for Horton is that he will take time adjusting to playing a less physical role. The Bruins are very careful with their players health and Horton has earned a special place on that team.

I would expect to see less Hits and PIMs from the power forward and his offensive play may decline as he will is at his best when playing aggressively. Overall his point totals may get a boost if he adjusts well to a new style but I would expect his peripherals to decline a bit. My take on Horton would be to avoid drafting him (unless very late) and let another GM suffer through the early struggles. Then snag him on the cheap (or free on the WW) as soon as he starts to produce a few months into the season.

Dobber Sports Icon

For all you Bruins fans out there, check out the Jack Edwards Soundboard. It's an easy way to kill a few minutes and a great tribute to the greatest "homer" announcer there has ever been.

"GET UP!!!"

Dobber Sports Icon

So police have finished investigating Chara and it's now up to the crown to decide whether or not to press charges. Full story at TSN

What a joke! Stop wasting time and taxpayer money.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    So police have finished investigating Chara and it's now up to the crown to decide whether or not to press charges. Full story at TSN

What a joke! Stop wasting time and taxpayer money.
    This is still going???

Christ, drop the charges and get over it.

Just thinking about it, they should keep the charges and have a courtroom scene and televise it, man that would be funny.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Icon

Well, you know news is slow when I have nothing to report other than this corn maze tribute to Timmy T courtesy of .

Marchand talks are still stalled but both sides are confident they will come to an agreement.

No updates on Savard either.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice. On a related note, Cotsonika has yet another excellent piece up about our golden boy and his upbringing in Flint, MI. Most of it isn't fantasy-relevant, but there is one notable excerpt:

Even though he has spent much of the off-season secluded at his place in Colorado, (Thomas) seems spent. He said the summer has been overwhelming. "Winning the Stanley Cup takes more emotional, physical and mental energy than I would have ever believed," Thomas said. "I mean, I’ve been tired after seasons before, but after this run, it’s a hard recovery."
    I've never really thought about the post-Cup hangover in the context of the actual celebrations being taxing, but it makes sense. Perhaps this supports (Dobber/Angus/Goldman, I forget which)'s prediction of more starts for Rask next season. Oh off-season... what shall we speculate about next?!
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm off to Brad Marchand's Cup Parade tomorrow in Halifax!! Talk about STOKED!!!

I'll post some pictures up when I get home tomorrow.

They are drawing for 63 people to get their photo taken with Marchand and the Cup at the celebration after the parade. Wish me luck guys! I'll be heartbroken if they don't pick my name.

Dobber Sports Icon

As promised, here's a few pics from Brad Marchand's Cup celebration in Halifax today.

Sorry for this one being sideways

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok, with the news out that if Savard doesn't retire and starts the season on the LTIR that frees up a whole lot more money making the Bruin's cap space close to 12 million, though it'll be slightly less. This is a huge amount of wiggle room and makes me think that Chiarelli will do some more trade magic this season to continue to make the team better and better. I still think they need to get some serious scoring threats to compliment their already good ones.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

Hey Gabe, do you have any idea if Savard is gonna get a job with the bruins assuming his playing career is done? I think he'd be a great trainer or person in the front office.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Ok, with the news out that if Savard doesn't retire and starts the season on the LTIR that frees up a whole lot more money making the Bruin's cap space close to 12 million, though it'll be slightly less. This is a huge amount of wiggle room and makes me think that Chiarelli will do some more trade magic this season to continue to make the team better and better. I still think they need to get some serious scoring threats to compliment their already good ones.
    I would still gladly see them lose that ~$4m in cap space to see Savvy playing again. I don't think you will see any trades until Christmas at the earliest unless the players get into a very bad early season funk.

The Bruins win games as a team and while they could use some extra scoring, they won't sacrifice team chemistry to get it unless they are in danger of missing the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Hey Gabe, do you have any idea if Savard is gonna get a job with the bruins assuming his playing career is done? I think he'd be a great trainer or person in the front office.
    I don't think you will see Savard retire this season. He is signed through 2016-17 and would be giving up too much money if he officially called it a career. He also does not need the stress of a front office job while still suffering from concussion symptoms.

When he does officially announce his retirement though, I'm sure Cam Neely will be pushing to get him hired on in some capacity. He is very popular in Boston and is well liked by the management. I just don't see him walking away from the kind of money he is owed anytime soon. Also, should he decide to sit on his contract for more than a couple of years, it could sour his relationship with the team. I doubt that would happen though and would hate to see it end up the way the Geln Murray fiasco did.

Dobber Sports Master

I don't think you will see Savard retire this season. He is signed through 2016-17 and would be giving up too much money if he officially called it a career. He also does not need the stress of a front office job while still suffering from concussion symptoms.

When he does officially announce his retirement though, I'm sure Cam Neely will be pushing to get him hired on in some capacity. He is very popular in Boston and is well liked by the management. I just don't see him walking away from the kind of money he is owed anytime soon. Also, should he decide to sit on his contract for more than a couple of years, it could sour his relationship with the team. I doubt that would happen though and would hate to see it end up the way the Geln Murray fiasco did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Maybe Savard only waits out the next 2 years of his contract and then retires. It shouldn't sour the relationship.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Good news for Seguin owners

Good news for Seguin owners. The kid seems to have a great attitude entering his second season, and weighed in at 196 pounds in training camp, as compared to 182 pounds last year. Jesse Connolly of NEHJ reports that he's visibly learning to throw his new weight around and also spent a lot of time on his one-timer, which has visibly improved. Predictably as confirmed by Fluto Shinzowa, Seguin and Peverley are the leading candidates for the second line RW position... worth watching if you're in an ESPN or other league that's generous with positional eligibility. Wherever he lines up, all signs point to a significant improvement in output this year.
    T.G.