Thread: Quick, has he lost the #1 position in LA?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Quick, has he lost the #1 position in LA?

In the last 6 LA games Quick has only started 3 and in the last 14 he's only started 8. Are Quick and Bernier finally sharing the #1 position? Will this continue for the remainder of the season? What about next season?
    Last edited by letangerang58; March 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nope. He's still #1. They're just resting him more now that it looks like they are playoff bound. Bernier is getting some starts to get the experience but they overplayed Quick this year and needs the rest for the upcoming grueling playoff rounds.
    League 1: 12 teams (drafted 10th) - Standard public Yahoo league - G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG - W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Boogeypop View Post
    Nope. He's still #1. They're just resting him more now that it looks like they are playoff bound. Bernier is getting some starts to get the experience but they overplayed Quick this year and needs the rest for the upcoming grueling playoff rounds.
    Yep pretty much...last year Quick was spectacular for most of the season and then took a huge nosedive for the last couple of months, and a lot of people were saying it was because he was over-worked
    They're trying to avoid that this year. To be honest with you I would be glad they're doing this for him this year, last year I owned him and he consistently destroyed my goalie categories for the last month or so. You may get a few less starts here and there but they'll be quality starts, and with guys like Rinne and Bryz on your squad I wouldn't worry much about # of starts.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Star

My personal feeling is that it will be splitting duties until the last couple of weeks when a playoff starter is named. You can't simply split time right up until the last day.

I still think that Quick will be the man, but if he falters like last season, LA wants to be sure that Bernier is ready to take the reigns.

For next year, a lot depends on this year's playoffs. If either one takes the ball and runs with it, he may be crowned the starter next year. I can't see them doing a tandem situation with two very young and valuable assets. It makes more sense to cash in one of them for a stud forward and grab one of the many serviceable veteran backups available.

Short answer: who the hell knows?

I just know I cringe a little every time Bernier picks up a W.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    I just know I cringe a little every time Bernier picks up a W.
    Yeah being in a keeper league I can understand why that makes you cringe lol. One year league managers have much less to worry about with Quick.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

I think the previous posts are spot on - it's not uncommon to see legit starters get some rest in March, and then to get most games the last couple of weeks leading up to the playoffs so they can get their rythm/focus. See Lou/Scheider for example.

Dobber Sports Giant

i belive theyre just giving quick more rest before the playoffs. bernier is close though so he will steel a lot of starts but not half.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hope it keeps up because Id love to see a Chicago-SJ first round matchup!

Lets go Kings!!!

Banned

they are definitely resting him, because last year he was overworked and sucked the last part of the season... This year the kings are going to be a force in the playoffs because their goalie is rested better, that and it benefits that Bernier isn't rusty when or if he needs to take over in the playoffs

smart move on LA's part

Dobber Sports Stud

I remember reading a post on here about a week ago with a quote from an article where Murray said they will alternate goalies from here on out to give Quick some rest.

So will they alternate from here on out like they have the past few games? I'd say yes and plan for it.

Edit: found the article
    http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/06...y-for-bernier/
    Last edited by BlackGold; March 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    I remember reading a post on here about a week ago with a quote from an article where Murray said they will alternate goalies from here on out to give Quick some rest.

So will they alternate from here on out like they have the past few games? I'd say yes and plan for it.

Edit: found the article
    http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/06...y-for-bernier/
    Thanks, I missed that article. Id say that's good news then. I won't have to worry as much about how well quick will do. I kinda wish the preds were doing this. I don't see why lindback couldn't get more starts, he's a very decent goalie and could support the preds enough to get them into the playoffs IMO.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigmamadog317 View Post
    Thanks, I missed that article. Id say that's good news then. I won't have to worry as much about how well quick will do. I kinda wish the preds were doing this. I don't see why lindback couldn't get more starts, he's a very decent goalie and could support the preds enough to get them into the playoffs IMO.
    Im with you on this one... Especially with our schedule, if we make the playoffs its ESSENTIAL to have 2 rested goalies, (great article by goalieguild up about this now)

I do think tho, we will see Lindback either next game, or the game after... Rinne needs a break