Thread: Alexandar Georgiyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Alexandar Georgiyev

How early would you draft this guy? We have deep teams but guys like Frost, Bathereon, Steenburgen are available, as well as of course all the new NHL picks. I have a few picks in the top 2 rounds and thinking of taking Georgiyev fairly early. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Administrator

Default Re: Alexandar Georgiyev

Leave Georgiev for later. Guys like Frost and Batherson are much better.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Unless you already have Lundqvist, I am not sure I'd even bother with Georgiev from the sounds of it. I would also grab Frost and/or Batherson before Georgiev.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't...like at all.
    owning back up goalies seems to be a bit of a fad.
    I'm in one pool that starts 1G dynasty and teams hoard prospect goalies, 15 prospects and they sit with 5 or 6 (we're not talking elite prospects either - Hutchinson).

There's gotta be better prospect goalies out there? NYR won't be a playoff team this year, which reduces his value even more.

How large is your prospect roster? I have a soft rule, where I try to limit my goalies to 20% of my prospects - in a 20minors - 4. it's a soft rule because if I can land elite G prospects - quality trumps the rule. In one pool, we have 30 prospect systems, Georgiyev is on the wire there as well - go quality vs. position.

You also have Jarry and Saros in your sig, so you really don't need another G prospect by the looks of the size of your roster.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I wouldn't...like at all.
    owning back up goalies seems to be a bit of a fad.
    I'm in one pool that starts 1G dynasty and teams hoard prospect goalies, 15 prospects and they sit with 5 or 6 (we're not talking elite prospects either - Hutchinson).

There's gotta be better prospect goalies out there? NYR won't be a playoff team this year, which reduces his value even more.

How large is your prospect roster? I have a soft rule, where I try to limit my goalies to 20% of my prospects - in a 20minors - 4. it's a soft rule because if I can land elite G prospects - quality trumps the rule. In one pool, we have 30 prospect systems, Georgiyev is on the wire there as well - go quality vs. position.

You also have Jarry and Saros in your sig, so you really don't need another G prospect by the looks of the size of your roster.
    agreed, you have 2 G prospects already..thats PLENTY!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The roster is 75 (36 on the main team ) and the rest on the farm. So you would have more than 2 but I also have Skinner, Parsons, Husso and Adin Hill.
    I just traded Khodobin so was thinking of George as sort of a back up for Talbot and Andersen.

Prospects include:
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Administrator

There's a spot for this player on your farm I'm sure, just don't reach for him. He's not that valuable an asset.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

with a farm that big... I can see wanting to grab him.. but yeah, don't reach. If you miss out - no big deal (I'd prefer Kahkonen anyway - wouldn't be surprised if he was available)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    with a farm that big... I can see wanting to grab him.. but yeah, don't reach. If you miss out - no big deal (I'd prefer Kahkonen anyway - wouldn't be surprised if he was available)
    Thanks I did check but Kahkonen is gone.

Prospects include:
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd aim for him in whatever the middle rounds of your prospect draft are, but don't be afraid to grab him late in round 2 if you have a huge gap in picks after round 2. It may be tricky, but I think he's worth having. He's got value, simply from being a 21 year old who has performed well as a NHL goalie. That puts him ahead of lots of prospects who will wash out before the NHL level.

He reminded me of someone, so I wanted to see how many other rookie NHL goalies played 10 or more games with a save percentage of .910 or higher since 2000. That yielded exactly 2 results, so I expanded the save percentage down to .905, and dropped games played to 7 or more.

That added one name, and the list is:
    Sergei Bobrovsky - 54 GP
    Alexandar Georgiev - 10 GP
    Curtis Sanford - 8 GP

The problem is Bobrovsky is not really a great comp with number of games played, which I knew was sizeable, although I thought it was only in the 40's. I think Georgiev seems like a pretty safe bet to be at least a backup level NHL goaltender talent, with a reasonable chance at starting caliber.

(Yes, I'm still mad about the Flyers trading Bob)
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.