Thread: Hammond

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hammond

He's a ufa this july, do you think avs want him back? Think he'll have a job next season anywhere?
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hammond

He'll have a job somewhere, just not necessarily a full-time NHL job. He could end up overseas, but he's shown to be at least good enough to be a NHL/AHL guy who is a teams 3rd goalie on the depth chart.

I have no idea what the Avs want, as ( like many) I thought they should've protected Pickard in expansion, as he was their better goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hammond's situation is going to be dictated by his expectations. If he wants 2-3 of the following, then he's going to be priced out: $1.5M+, Multiple Years, A one-way contract.
    He played himself back into NHL backup consideration, but there are so many good goalies that also deserve time, I have a tough time seeing an NHL team wanting him as more than their 4th guy on the depth chart.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I doubt he gets a backup gig.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I doubt he gets a backup gig.
    At least he has hamburgers for life in Ottawa.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Jedi

he had one good playoff game, one bad playoff game, not sure I want him as a back up, unless I'm planning to be a bottom 5 team next year and I'm gunning for a high pick.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    At least he has hamburgers for life in Ottawa.
    If I am not mistaken, they backed out of that deal.

I can see him landing a backup job somewhere for something close to the league minimum but after that, he could just as easily be sent through waivers with that cheap salary and stashed in the AHL if he doesn't work out. He's a spot goalie at best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, they backed out of that deal.
    Kind of. They gave him $1,000 in coupons. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.spor...ammond/sn-amp/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Kind of. They gave him $1,000 in coupons. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.spor...ammond/sn-amp/
    Ya, I think the original deal was cheeseburgers for life or something like that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

What exactly has Hammond done outside of a 25 game run in 2014/15 to deserve another contract? He had a .900 save percentage in the AHL this year and a .884 the year before. He's 30 years old and wasn't even the best goalie on his AHL team this past year. If he gets an NHL contract this summer I would be greatly surprised. My guess is that he's KHL bound.