Thread: My Garbage Goalies

Dobber Sports Stud

Default My Garbage Goalies

League and team details in my signature.

I have four goalies on my roster and I wish I only had three.

In my inaugural draft the goalie run went ridiculously early and I decided to collect some leftovers late. I really don't mind my guys because it a daily start and I can play the matchups in goal and roll out a really strong FWD/D group every night.

My question is, do I really need all four of them? I don't expect any of the GM's are too interested in moving a goalie as of now, and they would probably want Giroux or something ludicrous like that in trade. Do I drop anyone from my quartet? Or is this more of a November/December decision?

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: My Garbage Goalies

Tough one. The good news is I have seen worse!

Mason is the clear cut #1 so you have to keep him.
    Pavelec is the favoured #1 so you have to keep him.
    Elliott is in a dead heat with Allen. Coach has said he wants to have a firm #1 this year, you have to keep Elliott until at least November.
    Mrazek is the default backup but started in the playoffs last year, he could easily steal the #1 job so you have to keep him.

I'd look to try and swing a deal with the Allen owner, either where you give up Elliott or get Allen as I'm more comfortable having both StL goalies. To answer your question I don't think you can straight up drop any of them, if you think carrying 4 is too many you may try and move Mrazek to the Howard owner as soon as Howard hits a rough patch.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't think you can drop any of these guys. If you do not have faith in Elliot or Mrazaek I would combo them for a slight upgrade to a team that needs some goalie depth.

Dobber Sports Expert

Steve Mason is soo underrated. He will not win you a league and the Flyers will probably not win their division, but Mason will still have some decent numbers. You should keep your goalies for now, they should be better than they look right now.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like your plan of playing the match-ups. I think with your tandem guys you have a lot of upside, and if they falter then you can cut bait then. Mason is super (but only at home) so you can play those numbers as well.
    I guess the question would be if you are going to drop one of these guys, who would you be picking up to help your offense?
    H2H 12-team Full Keeper - G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, PPP, SHP, GWG, Shootout Goals, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    24 roster, 6 Farm (<25gp - adjusted only in the offseason)