Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Tuukka Rask?

Dobber Sports Star

Default What to do with Tuukka Rask?

Bruins dumped Lucic and Hamilton. They also let Soderberg go. They used all the 1st rounders they acquired.

Needless to say, Bruins are a weaker team today and this will reflect in Rask's numbers in the upcoming season. Is he still a top 3 goalie? top 5? Or does he drop to merely top 10.

Thoughts?
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Default Re: What to do with Tuukka Rask?

Not sure he was top 5 after this season. I love Rask as an individual talent but Im optimistically hopinh hes top 10-15 range. That team took a shat...

Dobber Sports Expert

He wasn't even top 3 yesterday. In general you are right that the Bruins are weaker now and of course it will have an impact on Rask. I think he's top 10, maybe 8th or 9th in the league.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think he's an excellent good on team with enormous question marks going into next season. I wouldn't panic. He's a competitor and had an off year last season and should be fired up going into the season. I do think his wins and general numbers will suffer, but he should still be an excellent own in most formats. It's more than likely a bad time to move him as paranoia is setting with most owners and he'd likely be undervalued in offers coming your way.

Dobber Sports Master

This could mean that he will face an increase of shots per game. In a league like mine, it is possible this actually makes him a better fantasy goalie.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd put him in the 5-10 range. We will find out just how good he is this year. The team is weaker and Chara isn't getting younger.

Administrator

Rask wasn't a top goalie this past season and won't be ranked in my top five for next season. Even with Bergeron and Krejci still in tow this team won't be making the playoffs. Plus, as of right now Martin Jones will be around to steal starts. He's a top-10 guy still though I think. Just riffing here but:

Lundqvist
    Price
    Holtby
    Rinne
    Bobrovsky
    Quick
    Schneider
    Rask
    Crawford
    Bishop
    Fleury
    Dubnyk

Depending on your exact scoring. I him right on par with Schneider as an elite guy on a bad team.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Rask wasn't a top goalie this past season and won't be ranked in my top five for next season. Even with Bergeron and Krejci still in tow this team won't be making the playoffs. Plus, as of right now Martin Jones will be around to steal starts. He's a top-10 guy still though I think. Just riffing here but:

Lundqvist
    Price
    Holtby
    Rinne
    Bobrovsky
    Quick
    Schneider
    Rask
    Crawford
    Bishop
    Fleury
    Dubnyk

Depending on your exact scoring. I him right on par with Schneider as an elite guy on a bad team.
    Yea that list adds perspective- probably still top ten- ut gawd I do not like these moves for Rasks fantasy value.

Administrator

Should be mentioned that the Bruins now have eight figures worth of cap space. Not a great UFA class but potential to improve the club all the same.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Too late to trade him. I'm done!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah. Which is why it's baffling they traded dougie. He's the kinda player they'll want to acquire now. Maybe they have other moves in the works but man I'm sad Rask might not be a keeper anymore in a 8 team keep 5 root league where I have him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    Yeah. Which is why it's baffling they traded dougie. He's the kinda player they'll want to acquire now. Maybe they have other moves in the works but man I'm sad Rask might not be a keeper anymore in a 8 team keep 5 root league where I have him.
    I was thinking that maybe they would offer-sheet him, but one has to think that Calgary is more than prepared to match any offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

You have to hope that Boston is going to send him away to another team.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Legend

In most of my leagues, tenders are rewarded for facing more rubber. If Rask faces an extra 6-8 shots per game, it will be a bonus for me. Even if he loses a few more games a year. Rask was never a start hog to begin with so I'm not too worried about Jones - I only bank on Rask for 60-62 starts a year anyway at best.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Star

Ive decided Im going to keep him for his talent and due to the really sketchy goalie situations elsewhere. even with a ridiculous inconsistent season he still put up 34 wins, 2.30 gaa, and a 0.922 sv%
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.