Thread: Which if any of these goalies could be a starter next year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Which if any of these goalies could be a starter next year?

This might take a bit of guesswork at this stage but I'm looking for any information that might be relevant.

I'm going to add a FA goalie today or tomorrow in hopes they're dealt or set up to be a #1 goalie this upcoming season (2015-2016).

Will any of these guys be a starter in fall?

Lindback (depends whether Buffalo want to keep tanking or turn the page quickly)
    Stalock (Niemi going to UFA, Stalock under contract for another year. What happens?)
    Lehner (Would he be traded or is Anderson more likely moved?)
    Jones (Is a team like Edm willing to make a big offer for this young up and comer?)

None of these guys would be keepers for me anyways so it's not a big deal. I'm just looking to acquire trade assets for the offseason.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Which if any of these goalies could be a starter next year?

I put money that Lehner is a starter next year. Possible destinations could be Edmonton / San Jose and of course maybe Ottawa still.
    Stalock could start in San Jose with Niemi most likely to leave but other than SJ not sure he would be a starter anywhere else.
    Jones = backup still
    Lindback = backup at best.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm not convinced that Stalock or Lehner showed enough this past season to be considered as starters next season (at least not to start). At best you're looking at two 1B type goalies - at worst they're both riding the pine.

Guys I'd be looking to steal starter jobs or jump into useful backup positions and potentially have some trade value:
    Mrasek
    Talbot
    Reimer
    H2H 12-team Full Keeper - G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, PPP, SHP, GWG, Shootout Goals, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    24 roster, 6 Farm (<25gp - adjusted only in the offseason)

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Stalock is the most likely player on your list. Not because he's good or anything, he's just under contract and Niemi is leaving. Sharks could being in another guy though for a 1A/1B situation and Stalock ends up in a straight timeshare like Anaheim has.
    Lindback is really impossible to contemplate as a starter. He did play decently down the stretch and might have earned himself one more year as a backup somewhere.
    Lehner I believe is still the G of the future for the Sens. Bad year and Hammond have muddied the waters for the short term though. Seems like the Sens will have to trade one of the three ala Bishop so anything could happen there.
    Jones is a product of the LA defensive system, he didnt help himself this year but should be traded some time next year before he reaches free agency. Edmonton didnt get much from Scrivens so I wonder if they would pony up again for an LA castoff.
    Honestly, with the ridiculous depth of NHL goalies now I really dont see that great of a trade market out there. The returns for trading a proven asset dont seem to make it worth losing the asset. Dubnyk for a 3rd rounder will reverberate across the league for years to come.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Right now i'd say Stalock, he has nobody to compete with outside of Niemi, who will leave the organization soon. Lehner has Andersson and Hammond, obviously it can change quickly with a trade, but who knows. Forget Lindback, nobody will hand him a starter job in the NHL, not even the Sabres. I think Jones will stay with the Kings.