Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Start Lundqvist or Pavelec, HUGE decision! (REP to all answers!)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Start Lundqvist or Pavelec, HUGE decision! (REP to all answers!)

Team and league in sig. For argument's sake let's say Pavelec starts tonight. Should I start him or Lundqvist for the NYR-WIN game!?

My oponent already has a 4 points lead over me. He owns Staford and Ladd. I own Stepan, Yandle and Myers. All will be active tonight.

Do I try to split the risks and start Pavelec, or do I go all in and start Lundqvist. I'm leaning towards Lundqvist, but I can't afford to make the wrong decision here.

Semifinal of a huge league, 75 teams, very competitive, nice trophy and huge prize pool, I want to win it badly!

Thanks in advance for your advices guys, I need help with this one...
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Start Lundqvist or Pavelec, HUGE decision! (REP to all answers!)

Tough choice. Historically, the Jets are 4-3 against the Rangers over the last three seasons. About the same amount of goals scored on each side too. So no helpful pattern there.

I'd expect the Jets to be the more desperate team though. I also watched their last game, and despite the loss they outplayed the Hawks all night. Most of those goals were not Pavelec's fault either. I actually thought he played well.

If they bring the same game then I think they can win. It's going to be close though and either way, I think you're in for a nail biter.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oops, Jets are 4-2 against the Rangers in the last three seasons! Definitely leaning half an inch towards Pavelec! Lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think Lundqvist will still be rusty, and might give up 3 or more again. Pavelec is never a sure bet as he can go cold at any moment, but the Jets will be going all out to win this game, so I'm also leaning towards Pavelec, but agree that this is a tough choice.
    Goalie decisions are such a pain.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Nikerato and Icet, will rep you!

I also watched Winnipeg's last game and they were really strong as you said. The thing is I probably need my Rangers to score to stay close in my matchup, but it would hurt Pavelc. Even if he wins, it could not be enough as it could mean less point for my guys, and more for his Jets skaters. I might be thinking all wrong here, that's why I'd like to hear as many opinions as possible.
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

I just cannot trust Pavelec on such an important decision...gotta go with the King and the NYR
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Banned

Why not both? Guaranteed win.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Only two spots and I have Holtby at home against Carolina. Cant' sit this one out...

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    Only two spots and I have Holtby at home against Carolina. Cant' sit this one out...
    Caps haven't been great lately. I think I'd be going with the guaranteed win since the Rangers game should be close, but if you want to pick one I would probably go with the Rangers who are slight favourites.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Caps haven't been great lately. I think I'd be going with the guaranteed win since the Rangers game should be close, but if you want to pick one I would probably go with the Rangers who are slight favourites.
    Agreed. If you're a gambler, go all in with Holtby and Lundy. Or play it safe and lay up with the guaranteed win.

But since your question is Lundy or Pavy... my Gut says Lundy.

Banned

Wait, 75 teams? Your roster looks amazing for a league with that many teams.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

5 divisions with individual drafts, top 4 from each division make it to the playoffs.. Big big league, I don't want to lose that close to the final!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Wait, 75 teams? Your roster looks amazing for a league with that many teams.

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd start Holtby and Lundy. I look at Holtby as a pretty near sure win, and I'd be willing to gamble on that. As for the other game, I'd just pick the team and goalie with the better track record. You might come up short, but it's the better/safer bet. You're likely to get your win from Holtby, so why not give yourself a chance at two?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm in a similar situation, except its just a decision of whether or not to start Lundqvist. I was pretty sure he would be rusty when he came back, and he definitely was.

Watching the last Jets game, which was the game which decided whether I would make it into this weeks round, I needed the Jets to light up Crawford for 3 goals minimum. That Jets team was super aggressive and fun to watch, very dangerous.

With that in mind, I think that Lundqvist was very rusty for the first period, but started to lock it down in the second or third, so I can't say whether hes shaken the rust off or not. I"ll likely start him anyways.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the opinions guys. Sended some rep to everyone.

Different thougts on the question, but several posters are going with the King, wich was my first idea. I'll go with him and Holtby, fingers crossed...

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR: