View Poll Results: Do I trade Hiller for Ryan?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%

Thread: Do I trade Hiller?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Do I trade Hiller?

Hello all,

This is for the team in the sig. I fully expect to drop Talbot if and when Lundqvist returns. This drop will allow me to pull Okposo off the IR when he is ready. However, I am trying to decide what to do with Hiller. I have been offered:

get Bobby Ryan + Round 11 pick
    give Jonas Hiller + Round 7 pick.

I am going for it all this year having traded away a lot of my early-mid round draft picks for next year to get better players this year.

My question though is what will happen with the goalies in Calgary. Ramo has been on fire, but I am worried that if he has one or two bad outings, he will ride the bench again for Hiller. If that happens, then me trading him away will really hurt my team as I will only have 2 starting goalies. On the other hand, I am a little short on LW support and Bobby Ryan is the best I am going to get as a LW with today being the trade deadline. I really want to get down to 3 goalies (all starters) and maximize the number of skaters.

So do I trade Hiller for Ryan and hope that he doesn't take over the starting role or do I stay safe and keep both Ramo and Hiller to ensure I have a 3rd starting goalie no matter what?

My gut feel is that it is too risky to make the trade and end up with only 2 starting goalies because that is a very real possibility.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Do I trade Hiller?

No one has an opinion?

I am really torn on this one. If Ramo stays as the starter then this is obviously a good trade, but if he loses his spot to Hiller, then this becomes a terrible trade for me and my area of strength becomes an area of weakness.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Stud

In a vacuum this trade is great. Ryan has much more value than Hiller.

However Calgary runs a 1A/1B situation. There is no true starter, so whoever is hot will get starts. I wouldn't depend on Ramo or Hiller getting the majority of starts, in fact they very well could just split the remaining games.

So the likelihood of this being turning into a bad trade for you as it stands, is pretty high.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would do the deal.

Ramo/Hiller at worst will split the workload from here on in. Ramo if he continues to play lights out will keep getting the starts.

Worst case scenario if Hiller somehow catches fire, Rask/Lundqvist are more than capable of grabbing you W,GAA,S% every week. You might be short on Saves with less goalie starts, but I see Bobby Ryan as more of an asset for the rest of the season than Jonas Hiller.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well I ended up making the trade. Of all the trades I made to end the season (there were 5 total), this is the one that I believe will either make or break my team.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko