Thread: Anderson and Bobrovsky off IR...should I drop Hammond yet?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Anderson and Bobrovsky off IR...should I drop Hammond yet?

not sure if this belongs in the goalie forum entirely since this involves skaters as well but here goes.

Got Bob and Anderson off IR. I need to drop two players to make room. Obvious candidates are Brodie (cold lately and I suspect his numbers will drop more without Gio), Nugent-Hopkins (I mostly don't want to do this because it would drop me to 3 centres in a league with FO) and Hammond. Suppose I could also do Chara but I value him a bit more than Brodie right now for peripheral stats.

I know Hammond's magical run is likely to end sooner rather than later but he does start tonight...is it worth it to keep him, even for another few days? Is there ANY chance he actually challenges Anderson down the stretch? Other goalies are Lehtonen (who I hate right now) and Elliott. Also don't think Columbus will be good enough for Bobrovsky to be good so I'm rather paranoid about my goalies going into H2H playoffs.
    3rd year keeper H2H - 16 team:

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

1 year H2H - 16 team - 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 4 util, 4 BN

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Anderson and Bobrovsky off IR...should I drop Hammond yet?

I don't think I would drop Hammy just yet. And I also don't think you should write Bobs season off yet either. Can you stand Pat for a few days and see what happens in the Ottawa Net? Looks like Hammond will Start tonight vs the Wild and Anderson get the Jets in the second half of the back to back. I think who ever gets the start vs Buffalo will tell you a lot. If Hammy keeps winning games its hard to not play him.

I would have more faith in Bob then Lehtonen and would way rather drop him and roll the dice on Bob.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Sage

I would have already been aggressively trying to move Lehtonen if I were you. Go find the guy with the abysmal G situation and pawn Lehtonen off on him for something that can help you out. I loathe dropping a tradeable asset, and if you plan ahead and keep flipping the bottom of your roster for better assets before guys come off IR it results in a constantly improving team.

As far as Bob goes, Columbus has a terrific schedule in the H2H playoffs, especially the final week, so you are going to want to use him.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah I agree, I'm trying to trade Lehtonen right now, preferably a 3-for-1 for another good center. I did see that Columbus schedule is way better than Dallas down the stretch. Looks like in the interim I'll go with original plan of dropping RNH and Brodie though. Only question is to start Lehtonen or Bobrovsky tonight...

I should have been shopping Lehtonen weeks ago - traded him in November in my other pool and it saved my season - but I guess I get too paranoid about goalies in this league.
    3rd year keeper H2H - 16 team:

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

1 year H2H - 16 team - 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 4 util, 4 BN