Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odds that Canucks trade for another goalie?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Odds that Canucks trade for another goalie?

Looking for some info from people with more knowledge on the canucks. I scooped lack but have read vancouver wasnt exactly ecstatic with millers play and some people wanted more of lack to begin with. Ive also heard vancouver contacted buffalo as soon as last night about neuvirth. Should I feel safe that lacks the man until millers back or should I be looking at possible trades such as a guy like neuvirth or even craig anderson?
    12 team roto pool
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, Hits, Pims, SOG, W, L, SV%, SO
    6 regular keepers, 2 rookies under 150 games

4 C, RW, LW
    6 D
    2 G
    6 Bench

Fwds - Giroux, Voracek, Seguin, Backstrom, Kucherov, Carter, Mantha, Sheary,
    Def- McDonaugh, Edler, Orlov
    G - Rask, Dubnyk, Greiss, Pickard

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Odds that Canucks trade for another goalie?

Lack is the man now in VAN, no doubts about it. Neuvirth would not beat Lack for the starting job and Anderson is not for sale right now.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Star

doubtful unless its super cheap. canucks will be fine when their D is healthy, i wouldnt be opposed to acquiring a few filler dmen until then.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So, what you're saying is that Miller's goaltending was LACKing and that their most recent call-up could be closer to hitting the MARK(strom)? Oh, some days I slay me...today is not one of those.

I just posted this in the Miller injury thread, but it's relevant here I think:

Man, the Canucks have the wrong perspective. They should be starting Markstrom right away, capitalizing on his hotness (pretty sure that's not a word). If he can sustain some quality goaltending, play the hell out of him and look to deal Lack to someone else instead of taking a chance of losing/exposing Markstrom to waivers. Same problem will crop up next year in training camp if they don't deal with it right away. Miller (Russ, not Ryan) for GM?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I dont think they want to play markstrom myself They basically got him for nothing, and I think they want to see what lack has. If lack falters vancouver will miss the playoffs and markstrom will finish the season in the A. Then they know lacks not their guy. If lack plays well I think miller may be on his way out.
    12 team roto pool
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, Hits, Pims, SOG, W, L, SV%, SO
    6 regular keepers, 2 rookies under 150 games

4 C, RW, LW
    6 D
    2 G
    6 Bench

Fwds - Giroux, Voracek, Seguin, Backstrom, Kucherov, Carter, Mantha, Sheary,
    Def- McDonaugh, Edler, Orlov
    G - Rask, Dubnyk, Greiss, Pickard

Dobber Sports Ninja

It may not be smart asset management but I would love to see Lack take the job and run with it. This guy is something else.

No, Vancouver won't trade for goaltending help. Maybe for a backup depth guy, but Lack is their guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Right now, I think they let Lack start and give Markstrom a chance as well. Markstrom has certainly earned the callup from the AHL with his strong play down there, but it's not like we haven't seen this from Markstrom before. Still, I think Markstrom will see a few games with Miller out long term, but Lack is the man going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    It may not be smart asset management but I would love to see Lack take the job and run with it. This guy is something else.

No, Vancouver won't trade for goaltending help. Maybe for a backup depth guy, but Lack is their guy.
    See that's the thing...they already went out and got goaltending help in Miller, signalling to Lack that he was clearly NOT their go to guy. I just overheard on TSN that Lack worked hard in the off-season prepping for this year, a sort of re-dedication to try and be better, so I totally would like to see him get that shot to be #1.

My point is, what good does it do to call Markstrom up, let him sit on the bench in the NHL while they could be seeing if he's gained some much needed confidence in his latest AHL stint. Specifically because Markstrom's looked good-great in the AHL and then pretty much shat the bed (figuratively, definitely figuratively) in his NHL stints, the Canucks need to see if they have an NHL asset to either trade or use. Letting him sit on the bench just delays their decision making until the summer, where other NHL teams can simply say, yeah, Markstrom can do it in the AHL, but they may not give up much if they know VAN is going to have to waive him. And really, they don't have to give him many starts (I know they are working with 10 games here), but for heaven's sakes, don't let him cool off, then start him after 10 days of no action and expect him to look as good as was in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Monster

They'll go with Lack and from what I've read they have a lot more confidence in Markstrom this year and will give him some starts.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

no chance they pickup another... its lack and marky's turn now
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Guru

They won't be sacrificing for the short term. Can't see them going out and getting a goalie when Lack and Markstrom look like they could be good going forward and Miller is the stopgap.

If anything, they could give Markstrom enough starts over the next few weeks to gauge their confidence in him -- could open the door to them moving one of Lack, Markstrom or Miller before next season.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Expert

No chance they add another Goalie. Lack will get almost every start...maybe give Markstrom the odd back to back?

Remember too, the Canucks can't play Markstrom in more than 10 games as he is up only on Emergency recall. If they do....they risk losing him on waivers again if they attempt to send back to AHL. They could use Markstrom in 10+ games and then just keep him up for the rest of the season....the ugly 3 headed goalie monster.....
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    ....the ugly 3 headed goalie monster.....
    Well it's not like Vancouver's ever had that situation happen before...oh wait...too soon? lol

Administrator

I always think to a guy like Jason Labarbera being someone's emergency short-term backup but I can't see the Ducks wanting to help out a rival Western team.

Regardless, I have full faith in the Canucks managing their goalies perfectly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

If you seen the lack show tonight you wouldn't of even posted this! Seriously if we tie up any more cap with another goalie I might puke.