Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Back to back starts for Darling... When does this become a problem?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Back to back starts for Darling... When does this become a problem?

Crawford and Raanta owner here.

Saw this movie earlier this year and wasn't happy with the surprise leading Darling Role. And now...just when Raanta pitches two ver good performances, a Darling gets back to back starts.

Trying to hang on to first without Crawford and Elliott... When is it a prudent move to burn one of Two remaining waiver picks on Darling for this stretch?

Not sure I can count on Stalock and Bob alone.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Back to back starts for Darling... When does this become a problem?

The fact you are first despite missing reasonable time with Perry, Hall (and him underperforming a bit), Bobrovsky, Elliot, Kunitz now, and OEL's +/- (which won't get much worse)... I would just stand pat. Clearly you have the best team and even if Crawford being out gets you to fall to 2nd, I'm sure you'll recover. I'd rather hold on to those 2 moves until at least the halfway mark or a major injury.

I...am your father.

Hang in there. Darling earned the start, but Raanta will be back as soon as he has an average game
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks Jcairns and Dobber. Admittedly, the on going injuries to my squad was itching that trigger finger of mine but your right jcairns, if it weren't for guys like Cally, Vrbata, Ribiero, Elliott, Bieksa and Gudas who I drafted for depth, and Kucherov and Klingberg who were FA adds plus my trade for Stalock, I wouldn't have been Able to sustain the injuries to my big guns...

Crawford x2, Bob, Elliott, Stalock, Raanta,
    And skaters,
    Hall, Kunitz & Perry (Injury and the Mumps) and a couple days of Vrbata...(not to mention Eberle and OEL being utterly crap this year).

Hats almost an entire Allstar team on I jury!

I will stand pat and lean on Bob and the starts I do get from Stalock and Raanta.

Thanks boys!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I am in 2nd place because i wasted a draft pick on Lehtonen. I just dropped him last week and picked up Darling in his place, so I am not seeing any Goalie problem at all, in fact, my issue was resolved. BTW, the 1st place team picked up Lehtonen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by adefel2 View Post
    I am in 2nd place because i wasted a draft pick on Lehtonen. I just dropped him last week and picked up Darling in his place, so I am not seeing any Goalie problem at all, in fact, my issue was resolved. BTW, the 1st place team picked up Lehtonen.
    You gave up Lehtonen for Darling? Lol... Ok. Unless this is a 1 year league you're in... I, as the first place team would have snapped up Lehtonen myself. A struggling but capable #1 for a third stringer... I would have advised against that imo.

Banned

he's going to lose tonight so there you go.

Banned

damn...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    damn...
    Was going to say... "But he didn't"

Just further clouding the waters.

Banned

well we know Raanta will get at least one start on the weekend with B2B games

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    well we know Raanta will get at least one start on the weekend with B2B games
    Yes true! He needs a commanding win more than ever. Get this darling punk on the bench where he belongs (only because I have RAANTA and do not have Darling).

Dobber Sports Sage

Darling has looked better than Raanta this year. For what it's worth, Darling was the best goalie for the Hawks during the preseason and he was having a good season in the AHL.

Not sure if this is true but I read recently that because of their age, Raanta and Darling will lose their waiver status next season so one of them will be gone since they probably won't pass through waivers.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Darling has looked better than Raanta this year. For what it's worth, Darling was the best goalie for the Hawks during the preseason and he was having a good season in the AHL.

Not sure if this is true but I read recently that because of their age, Raanta and Darling will lose their waiver status next season so one of them will be gone since they probably won't pass through waivers.
    So, in your opinion...given my current woes in net due to Injury, is Darling worth spending a limited waiver move? Or should I continue to fly with Bob, Stalock and Raanta until Crawford and Elliott return.

I have only 2 more waiver moves left this year.

Dobber Sports Sage

I wouldn't use the waiver spot. Hold out until Crawford comes back. You're in first and even if you drop down a spot you'll be OK when Crow returns.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Kari Lehtonen lasted just over one period Tuesday as he allowed three goals on 17 shots in a 5-2 loss to Winnipeg. HAHA its not only lehtonen, its the team he's on.