Thread: Pick 2 goalies for the Week (and the choices ain't pretty)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Pick 2 goalies for the Week (and the choices ain't pretty)

My DobberHockey PRO team is falling way behind in goalie stats.
    I pooched my draft and the COL goalies have been all over the map... sucking... getting injured... and doing it at the worst possible times of the week - in a weekly lock set.
    I need to lock in two picks before first game (7pm) tonight.

Options:

Berra (COL): 3games: @ARI, CHI, DAL
    Varly (COL): 3games: @ ARI, CHI, DAL
    Enroth (BUF): 3games: WPG, MON, @MON
    Hutchinson (WPG): 3games: @CBJ, @BUF, @BOS
    Backstrom (MIN): 4games: @FLA, LA, @DAL, STL

Back-to-backs are BOLD.

Stats: W, GAA, SV%

Notes:
    1. More than anything, I need starts (i.e. SAVES). It's the only category I can really chase. I'm well back in W & GAA, so I just want a ton of shots fired on net.
    2. Berra has sucked, he was replaced by Pickard.
    3. Varly has an injured groin... which is impossible for predicting return times.
    4. Enroth has played well and Neuvirth is out... but... it's Buffalo.
    5. Hutchinson is solid but WPG is still going with Pavelec a lot.
    6. Backstrom wouldn't even be in the mix but he hasn't played in a while and MIN has four games this week.

Oh decisions, decisions.
    REP for any well thought out answers.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pick 2 goalies for the Week (and the choices ain't pretty)

I’ll say Enroth because he’ll get 2 starts and prolly ~60saves. So in my eyes this is an easy choice for you considering you really can only go for Sv%.

The next one is a bit more difficult. I wouldn’t go with Backstrom. Kuemper will prolly get 3 games out of the 4, and that will leave Dallas or StL Backstrom will be against. Dallas would be my choice to start a backup, and Dallas still has a lot of firepower, so I’d expect that to be a high scoring game. No on Backstrom for me

Hutchinson will get Buffalo I bet. CBJ and Boston would go to Pavelec. Worse case Hutchinson gets CBJ. This could be a 20-30save night depending who he faces. Sadly, you can’t wait to see if he faces CBJ or not. He’s a maybe start for me because he’s got a high chance of getting a W. But you don’t care about that so he could be slotted for the Bench for me.

Varly/Berra. If Varly plays and Berra is the backup, I’d say start Berra. He’ll go against Arizona and miss the tougher teams. If Varly is out, Berra and Pickard will split the first two, and the better one would play Dallas would be my guess. If Pickard has been playing better he’d face Hawks, and have the higher chance of facing Dallas. Berra is more than likely gonna play the Yotes with the possibility of playing Dallas. Like I said above, Dallas could unload on the Avs.

My Order would be Enroth, Hutchinson (if you want to play safe with Sv%), then Berra (if you want the home run with 2 possible wins).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

I picked up Pickard thinking that he would be rewarded at some point this week for his work coming in relief of Berra. Was a little disappointed that Berra was chosen to start against the Yotes as I thought I could deploy Pickard on the Tuesday and flip him for other assets on waiver. Now I have to wait and see if he starts Wednesday against the Hawks.

What complicates my situation is that Varly is listed as day-to-day and could well come back this week. Nonetheless, no news of him practicing yet. He should get a couple of practices before getting a start.
    15 Team Yahoo! H-2-H 1 Year League, Daily Roster Changes, 4 Adds per Week, No Playoffs, No Maximum Games Played, No Goalie Restrictions
    Roster Positions: 12F 4D 2G, 5BN, 2IR+
    Stat Categories: G, A, PT, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, HITS, BLK
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W, SV, SHO

DRAFT
    F : Seguin, MacKinnon, Wheeler, Kreider, Huberdeau, Nyquist, Toffoli, Yakupov, Barkov, Silfverberg, Tervainen, J Williams, Filppula, T Pearson, Burmistrov, S Gagner
    D: Trouba, Emelin, Despres, Klein
    G: Andersen, Talbot, Lehner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The week is one day in and I have already failed.

I went:
    G1: Jhonas Enroth (for the SV)
    G2: Michael Hutchinson (expecting 2 of 3 games)

Nicklas Backstrom starts against the Cats and saves 28/29 with a win.
    FML.
    (On the flip side, I decided to hedge my pessimism in this league by starting him in two daily-start ROTO leagues. Yeah!)

Thread. Closed.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BUMP update.

I picked 'em right!!!
    I picked 'em right!!!

G1: Enroth. Started 3 games. Won TWO!! 95 saves, 1.96 GAA.
    G2: Hutch. Started 2 games. Won ONE! 68 saves, 1.94 GAA.

My team GAA lowered from 2.96 (2pts/16) to 2.74 (4pts/16).
    Woohoo!