Thread: This message for you forum member

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default This message for you forum member

It's time to wrap up our fundraising campaign for Cambodia and the Director of the clinic I work with asked me to post this letter from her/

Dear Dobbersports Forum Members,

I would just like to say how touched I am by the spontaneous donations you have given over the last few weeks. It is a wonderful reflection on the generous spirit of your group and the esteem in which you hold Shoeless without whom this event would never have happened.

We carefully assess patients’ situations before allocating them as a recipient of donor’s funds. Many of them will be old women with no surviving family to support them. Most of them will be living in extremely basic shelters, sometimes just a raised platform with a crudely thatched roof and perhaps some thatched walls. They will probably have no toilet and often no nearby running water.

Taking their medication on a regular basis will help to delay the onset of diabetes complications such as blindness; kidney disease and diabetic foot which often leads to amputation.

On behalf of our patients and all our staff, I sincerely thank you for giving so generously.

To follow our activities, please check our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cambo...5006323?ref=hl and our website http://www.cdasiemreap.org which is soon to be re-launched in a new format.

Lorraine Fraser King, Associate Director
    Cambodia Diabetes Association – Siem Reap Branch

And thanks from me - a substantial contribution to the quality of life for many people who can't otherwise afford it. I am proud to be a member of these forums for that alone.

Shoeless

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks for sharing that with us mate. I'm happy to see the forum help people who need it. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Dobber Sports Ace

Congrats on the fundraising - great to see so many forum members contribute to a good cause.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Monster

Fantastic job everyone. Very cool!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    It's time to wrap up our fundraising campaign for Cambodia and the Director of the clinic I work with asked me to post this letter from her/

Dear Dobbersports Forum Members,

I would just like to say how touched I am by the spontaneous donations you have given over the last few weeks. It is a wonderful reflection on the generous spirit of your group and the esteem in which you hold Shoeless without whom this event would never have happened.

We carefully assess patients’ situations before allocating them as a recipient of donor’s funds. Many of them will be old women with no surviving family to support them. Most of them will be living in extremely basic shelters, sometimes just a raised platform with a crudely thatched roof and perhaps some thatched walls. They will probably have no toilet and often no nearby running water.

Taking their medication on a regular basis will help to delay the onset of diabetes complications such as blindness; kidney disease and diabetic foot which often leads to amputation.

On behalf of our patients and all our staff, I sincerely thank you for giving so generously.

To follow our activities, please check our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cambo...5006323?ref=hl and our website http://www.cdasiemreap.org which is soon to be re-launched in a new format.

Lorraine Fraser King, Associate Director
    Cambodia Diabetes Association – Siem Reap Branch

And thanks from me - a substantial contribution to the quality of life for many people who can't otherwise afford it. I am proud to be a member of these forums for that alone.

Shoeless

Shoeless, been on vacation (Cape Breton) and offline so missed this, I'll gladly donate to such a worthy cause.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Shoeless, been on vacation (Cape Breton) and offline so missed this, I'll gladly donate to such a worthy cause.
    thanks ross - details in this tread http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=153407