Thread: Rask or Schneider?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Rask or Schneider?

I have Tuukka Rask on my team now and he is going to be starter next season. I only worry that he's injury prone.

Rask and Schneider have very similar statistic in their career so far. Who will you pick?

I...am your father.

I still take Rask, but I agree that he is looking fairly injury prone
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Legend

Rask.

Thomas is old and pretty much out of the picture while Schneider still has Luongo in the stall next to him. Both are awesome young goalie options.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Immortal

Id go with Rask. I think the Bruins are set up long term better than the Canucks and Rask has little competition right now. I know he has Subban at some point but that's nothing compared to Luongo and Lack in a market like Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Genius

You cant go wrong with either one of them, but I like Schneider a little more.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I still take Rask, but I agree that he is looking fairly injury prone
    Our league just has 4 more new teams so the admin change the number of keeper from 4 to 3. I was thinking to keep Malkin, Giroux, Karlsson and Rask. If I keep Malkin, Giroux and Karlsson, then it is very unlikely to get a top 15 or 20 goalie since my draft order is #15 out of 20 teams. Would you do the same to keep Malkin, Giroux and Rask?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm more partial to Schneider but that probably bias. Either way both are gonna be good.

And more details are needed to properly address your post above.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by husky0506 View Post
    Our league just has 4 more new teams so the admin change the number of keeper from 4 to 3. I was thinking to keep Malkin, Giroux, Karlsson and Rask. If I keep Malkin, Giroux and Karlsson, then it is very unlikely to get a top 15 or 20 goalie since my draft order is #15 out of 20 teams. Would you do the same to keep Malkin, Giroux and Rask?
    Really tough to offer an opinion without knowing the league set up. How many goalies and defensemen are you required to carry out of the draft? A young stud defenseman like Karlsson could be just as difficult to draft if you need to have 4 or 6 on your team.
    F: Kovalchuk, Iginla, Neal, Eberle, Kunitz, JVR, Tarasenko, Schiefle
    D: Doughty, Letang, Myers, OEL, Josi
    G: Louongo, Rinne, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This will be one of the great debates in the next year. The two best young goalies in the NHL (not counting Quick who is proven).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

If Luongo is moved before the season starts, and I'd give the edge to Schneider due to questions about Rask's durability.

If the Canucks still have Luongo at the start of the season, I'm definitely going with Rask. Unless... if it's a H2H league and you think you can get into the playoffs with either, then maybe take Schneider as Luongo *should* be moved by the deadline, and Schneider may be slightly more reliable down the stretch.

Vancouver plays in what has proven to be the worst division in the NHL for the last several years, but Montreal is going to struggle in the Northeast again, and Toronto's likely on the outside of the bubble. I'd consider their level of competition to not be too drastically different.
    Last edited by kbro; September 2, 2012 at 4:05 AM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    If Luongo is moved before the season starts, and I'd give the edge to Schneider due to questions about Rask's durability.

If the Canucks still have Luongo at the start of the season, I'm definitely going with Rask. Unless... if it's a H2H league and you think you can get into the playoffs with either, then maybe take Schneider as Luongo *should* be moved by the deadline, and Schneider may be slightly more reliable down the stretch.

Vancouver plays in what has proven to be the worst division in the NHL for the last several years, but Montreal is going to struggle in the Northeast again, and Toronto's likely on the outside of the bubble. I'd consider their level of competition to not be too drastically different.
    If Luongo is dealt it certainly makes Schneider a TOP fantasy goalie option and I could see a strong case for him over Rask. As of now, Rask is still my choice.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Stud

If all else was equal, then I take Schneider in a heartbeat. Aside from Rask's injury history, he just doesn't seem to have the cool, calm mentality that I'd like to see in a full-time starting goalie. But all else isn't equal at the moment since Luongo is still in Vancouver. We all expect that to change soon, but you'd be foolish to assume it will until it does. So, Rask is the easy choice now. If Luongo leaves Vancouver, then I would prefer Schneider.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rticinelli View Post
    If all else was equal, then I take Schneider in a heartbeat. Aside from Rask's injury history, he just doesn't seem to have the cool, calm mentality that I'd like to see in a full-time starting goalie. But all else isn't equal at the moment since Luongo is still in Vancouver. We all expect that to change soon, but you'd be foolish to assume it will until it does. So, Rask is the easy choice now. If Luongo leaves Vancouver, then I would prefer Schneider.
    Haha, Rask is actually the OPPOSITE - he has plenty of Hextall, Roy and Smith in him. I've seen him flip out many times. I guess it all depends on what personality you like your goalies to have. Me, I love goalies who get fired up - sometimes it makes them perform much better (like the above I mentioned). I read Patrick Roy's book and he said he would create adversarial situations to juice him up before games.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by husky0506 View Post
    I have Tuukka Rask on my team now and he is going to be starter next season. I only worry that he's injury prone.

Rask and Schneider have very similar statistic in their career so far. Who will you pick?
    Talent levels are very close, but i'd go with Rask. From an organizational standpoint, Boston is SO MUCH better off than Vancouver that I can't see taking Schneider over him. That factor alone, imo, can separate Rask from Schneider, netting more wins at the very least.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury