Thread: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

Please see team in sig.

I tried hard to acquire Bobby Ryan the past two seasons, now I am being offered him for one of my goalies. Would anyone give up a tender (Price/Varlamov/Rinne) for him? Since moving to Ottawa I am not really as excited about him even though he probably has more opportunity there than when he was in Anaheim. I don't think I can make the money this year so I am looking to improve my 10 keepers moving into next season. Usually I like to take two goalies and 8 skaters as keepers. I will also probably get Cam Ward in the deal but he is basically just someone to fill my bench slot.

Thanks!
    10-team Limited Keeper League (Keep 10), Fantasy Points
    G(3), A(2.5), +/-(0.5), PIM(0.1), SHG(1), SHA(1), GWG(0.5), SOG(0.2), HIT(0.1), BLK(0.1); W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    C: Draisaitl, Backstrom, MacKinnon
    LW: Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Kovalchuk
    RW: P. Kane, Atkinson, Pavelski
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Hamilton, Werenski, Gardiner, Trouba
    G: Dubnyk, Raanta
    Bench: Galchenyuk, Stastny, E. Lindholm, Zibanejad, Coyle, Schmaltz, Dubois

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Bobby Ryan worth a Goalie?

i would not give up any of those goalies for Ryan personally

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Lucifer. Ryan is one of those guys who has more sizzle than steak IMO. I wouldn't give any of your goalies, all of which are very good, up for Ryan, not even close.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrieves View Post
    Please see team in sig.

I tried hard to acquire Bobby Ryan the past two seasons, now I am being offered him for one of my goalies. Would anyone give up a tender (Price/Varlamov/Rinne) for him? Since moving to Ottawa I am not really as excited about him even though he probably has more opportunity there than when he was in Anaheim. I don't think I can make the money this year so I am looking to improve my 10 keepers moving into next season. Usually I like to take two goalies and 8 skaters as keepers. I will also probably get Cam Ward in the deal but he is basically just someone to fill my bench slot.

Thanks!
    I own B Ryan and I am a huge Sens Fan. He always leaves you wanting more. I would be asking for way more then B.Ryan if I were moving ay of your goalies.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you are looking to next season and won't be keeping Varlamov (as indicated by your signature), then feel free to go for him as it won't have implications for next year.

That said, I don't see the benefit as he isn't a clear upgrade on any of your other keepers. In that league setup I also prefer Skinner to Ryan, so even if you acquired Ryan I'd put him as your 12th keeper. I also prefer Skinner to Moulson, but to each their own. If anything, I would look to package St. Louis with one of your better non-keepers to get a 70+ pt guy for the foreseeable future (depending on when you think you might be able to compete).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bobby needs this season to be over. If you can somehow get an owner to bite for one of those goalies, then by all means, do it. I just don't see how you can capitalize dealing Ryan right now when his value is so low.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    Bobby needs this season to be over. If you can somehow get an owner to bite for one of those goalies, then by all means, do it. I just don't see how you can capitalize dealing Ryan right now when his value is so low.
    i don't think his value is going to increase to be honest with you, this is what he is

like Stastny people need to realize that they are not going to be what they were at 21-22, the 25-26 year old players are what they likely are going forward

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looking at your team you are relatively set at forward. There is an argument for Ryan over either Moulson or Wheeler but the difference isn't massive IMO. You have 3 nice starters, and I'd prefer to see you parlay Varlamov plus say Pacioretty for a significant upgrade on defence (targeting one of the top options).
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    Looking at your team you are relatively set at forward. There is an argument for Ryan over either Moulson or Wheeler but the difference isn't massive IMO. You have 3 nice starters, and I'd prefer to see you parlay Varlamov plus say Pacioretty for a significant upgrade on defence (targeting one of the top options).
    That's great advice. +1