Thread: Couturier or Filpulla or Carlson

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Couturier or Filpulla or Carlson

12 team keeper league pool(keep 10) with points only settings and weekly 12f 6d 2g...pretty straight up question, I have decided who to keep for my 1st 9keepers but can't decide between couturier filpulla and John carlson, I'm in a win now mode!.....my 9 other keepers are halak pavelec shattenkirk fowler P.kane kovalchuk J.staal B.richards gaborik

Administrator

I think Filppula is the best keeper asset of the three in this format.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

i also would go with filpulla in your situation.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

I would go with Filppula in your situation as you want to maximise your pts.
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Expert

Win now : Filppula.

Try to see if there is a Philly fan in your pool who might want Couturier for a pick... Kid has massive upside IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Stud

Trying to contend now, I think it's best to leave off Couturier, I think he's still got awhile to go before the points start coming in, and thus wouldn't want him eating a keeper spot.

So it come down to Carlson and Filppulla, Carlson obviously has the huge plus of being D, but I feel like with you already having two keeper D pegged, it's better to go with the forward.

But if you can flip any of these players for an upgrade of any sort I would go for it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye30 View Post
    12 team keeper league pool(keep 10) with points only settings and weekly 12f 6d 2g...pretty straight up question, I have decided who to keep for my 1st 9keepers but can't decide between couturier filpulla and John carlson, I'm in a win now mode!.....my 9 other keepers are halak pavelec shattenkirk fowler P.kane kovalchuk J.staal B.richards gaborik
    Filpulla for me two. But I might be more inclined to drop Fowler here and add Carlson to the mix of keepers. IF Green goes down w/injury, Carlon's in a good place to put up some points on that pwr play.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with Filp here in points only. Roto or multicat I would be tempted to keep Couturier but not in a points only.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Filpulla for me two. But I might be more inclined to drop Fowler here and add Carlson to the mix of keepers. IF Green goes down w/injury, Carlon's in a good place to put up some points on that pwr play.
    I would also consider Carlson over Fowler. Even if Green can manage to stay healthy Carlson is still in a good spot with the team as their 2nd line defenseman. I guess now that they've signed Riberio they have enough quality forwards to go 4 on 1 (Riberio - Backstrom - Laich - Ovechkin - Green) but if the coach decides he wants to try 3 forwards then Carlson could be in a very good spot.

Meanwhile, Fowler is the top defenseman for the Ducks but the team has large holes all over it. Also in 1 year the Ducks could find themselves with Andrew Cogliano as their best forward as Getzlaf, Perry and Koivu's contracts all expire and Selanne most likely retires. Of course if ANA can keep Perry and Getzlaf then Fowler should be fine. But I don't think he's going to make a big impact on your fantasy team this year regardless of opportunity or supporting cast since he's still pretty young.
    Last edited by letangerang58; January 5, 2013 at 3:57 AM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis