Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - Week 13

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pricer's Picks - Week 13

Week 13; the last week of the regular season for most leagues. There are a lot of important decisions to make for this weeks games so let's get into it!

Dobber Sports Immortal

So mad after this week. One league where Im tops in points for AND against....Im now 6-6 because of Bryce Brown and fighting for my playoff life. Another league I was banking on Maclin and he couldn't do it. Ugh.

My first question is survivor related. Week 13 and it's been me and another guy for 5 weeks now. He definitely has a better stock of teams left (Chi and NO off the top of my head), and this week is looking ugly for me. My options (team i consider is on the left)

Panthers @ Chiefs
    Bengals @ Chargers
    Cowboys vs Eagles (my early pick)

Ive either picked every other decent team or they're in a tough match (ie Tampa vs Den)

The one pick he has on me that scares me this week...he still has Chicago and Seattle cant win on the road.
    Last edited by hockeyrobot; November 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

1st round of the playoffs. Who would you rather have as your QB, Manning vs TB or Griffin vs Dal? We do get a 2 point penalty per turnover.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Which two out of Spiller vs JAX, Ridley @ MIA or Lynch @ CHI?

Which two out of Wallace, Bey, Edelman (if healthey) or Hartline

6 pnts TD, .5 rec, 1 every 20 yds receiving/catching

Thanks!
    Last edited by TrueNorth; November 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Immortal

League 1 in sig...

Do I even consider Newton @KC over Ryan vs NO? Probably not because of Ryan playing the Saints, but they definitely have been slowing down lately.

Myers vs Cle
    or
    M. Lewis @ Buf (currently on the wire)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Spend waiver on Wilson or Jennings?

"
    Jalen Parmele - RB - Jaguars

Jaguars placed RB Jalen Parmele (groin) and CB Will Middleton (concussion) on season-ending injured reserve."

So, Bryce Brown explodes and the latest reports on McCoy are not great. I've pretty much got the #1 waiverrank with my 4th rank, because 1-3 arent active on the waivers in this 14 team league.

My squad:
    QB: Freeman
    RB: Foster, McCoy, Ivory, Turbin, Pierce, Royster, Tate
    WR: AJ Green, Bryant, Nicks, Harvin (flex)
    TE: Mercedes Lewis, Gronkowski

We start QB, RBx2, WRx3, Flex, TE, K, DEF so I've highlighted my usual starters without injuries. Do I spend a waiver on Wilson or Jennings? I'm worried that MJD will return soon and that Jennings sucks even being an all downs back. With Wilson it is more a worry about him not getting me any more fantasypoints than the people I already own like Ivory and Turbin.

So, is any of them worth spending my waiver on or should I just run with what I've got and hope that something better shows up? Most backup RBs in the league are already owned.

EDIT: Ended up getting Jennings and dropping Royster. Hopefully MJD will be out long enough for McCoy to get back. Touches > Talent.
    EDIT2: "Jennings will start Sunday's game against the Bills in a running back rotation. The only other healthy running backs on the roster are fullback-type Montell Owens and newly signed Jordan Todman."

Do I handcuff Jennings? If yes, do I pick up Owens or Todman. If Jennings loses his job again I wont have a good enough waiver to get his replacement, so I would have to drop Bernard Pierce now to make sure I have a runningback when the playoffs begins in week 14. Hopefully McCoy will be back, but I'm starting to doubt it.
    Last edited by ynotzz; November 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2014 View Post

Thanks!
    Thinking of going with:

Bey and Hartline (replace Wallace with Bey if Ben plays and Edelman with Hartline if Healthy)

Lynch and Spiller. I just don't see lynch putting up two duds in a row, even against that Chi D.

Thoughts?

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So mad after this week. One league where Im tops in points for AND against....Im now 6-6 because of Bryce Brown and fighting for my playoff life. Another league I was banking on Maclin and he couldn't do it. Ugh.

My first question is survivor related. Week 13 and it's been me and another guy for 5 weeks now. He definitely has a better stock of teams left (Chi and NO off the top of my head), and this week is looking ugly for me. My options (team i consider is on the left)

Panthers @ Chiefs
    Bengals @ Chargers
    Cowboys vs Eagles (my early pick)

Ive either picked every other decent team or they're in a tough match (ie Tampa vs Den)

The one pick he has on me that scares me this week...he still has Chicago and Seattle cant win on the road.
    Sorry about having to count on Maclin. I don't think anyone on the Eagles outside of Bryce Brown is startable right now. Maybe if Vick comes back Maclin can gain some value, but right now I don't see it. I will say that they have a very nice schedule down the stretch if they can get their offense in order.

As to your Survivor picks, none of those are sure things. I think I would take the Cowboys too, but I don't feel great about it. With Bruce Carter going out Bryce Brown could have a big game. If Vick comes back the offense could be rejuvenated, and we all know what happens to Romo in the 4th quarter of big games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    1st round of the playoffs. Who would you rather have as your QB, Manning vs TB or Griffin vs Dal? We do get a 2 point penalty per turnover.
    Flip a coin brother. I have RG3 as my #2 QB this week and Peyton as my #3 QB this week. RG3 is on fire and Peyton is going against the worst pass D in the league. Dallas has a strong secondary, but i'm not betting against RG3 right now.

I'd go RG3 because of his running ability and the shot at a rushing touchdown, but I wouldn't fault you for rolling with Peyton.

I'm sure your trade deadline has already passed, but if it hasn't you should really try to trade one of them for an upgrade at another position.
    Last edited by Matt Price; November 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2014 View Post

Thanks!
    Spiller and Lynch. I like Ridley too and continue wishing you could flex one. Very nice backfield.

Wallace and Edelman if he goes. If not then Hartline. Big Ben should be back this week so Wallace is a safe start.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    League 1 in sig...

Do I even consider Newton @KC over Ryan vs NO? Probably not because of Ryan playing the Saints, but they definitely have been slowing down lately.

Myers vs Cle
    or
    M. Lewis @ Buf (currently on the wire)
    Ryan is my #1 QB this week so no I would not play Cam. I would trade him if you still can.

Myers is the safer play so I'd go with him, but Lewis has a better chance of scoring a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    "
    Jalen Parmele - RB - Jaguars

Jaguars placed RB Jalen Parmele (groin) and CB Will Middleton (concussion) on season-ending injured reserve."

So, Bryce Brown explodes and the latest reports on McCoy are not great. I've pretty much got the #1 waiverrank with my 4th rank, because 1-3 arent active on the waivers in this 14 team league.

My squad:
    QB: Freeman
    RB: Foster, McCoy, Ivory, Turbin, Pierce, Royster, Tate
    WR: AJ Green, Bryant, Nicks, Harvin (flex)
    TE: Mercedes Lewis, Gronkowski

We start QB, RBx2, WRx3, Flex, TE, K, DEF so I've highlighted my usual starters without injuries. Do I spend a waiver on Wilson or Jennings? I'm worried that MJD will return soon and that Jennings sucks even being an all downs back. With Wilson it is more a worry about him not getting me any more fantasypoints than the people I already own like Ivory and Turbin.

So, is any of them worth spending my waiver on or should I just run with what I've got and hope that something better shows up? Most backup RBs in the league are already owned.

EDIT: Ended up getting Jennings and dropping Royster. Hopefully MJD will be out long enough for McCoy to get back. Touches > Talent.
    EDIT2: "Jennings will start Sunday's game against the Bills in a running back rotation. The only other healthy running backs on the roster are fullback-type Montell Owens and newly signed Jordan Todman."

Do I handcuff Jennings? If yes, do I pick up Owens or Todman. If Jennings loses his job again I wont have a good enough waiver to get his replacement, so I would have to drop Bernard Pierce now to make sure I have a runningback when the playoffs begins in week 14. Hopefully McCoy will be back, but I'm starting to doubt it.
    You've had a rough couple of weeks with Gronk and now McCoy out. I'm guessing Bryce Brown was picked up weeks ago. I definitely don't like Jennings but the matchup is there this week so I think you have to roll with him.

I would not handcuff Jennings. If you absolutely have to Ivory is an ok flex option. I'd like to think McCoy will be back week 14 but who knows. I could just as easily see them shutting him down for the season. Luckily RB2 isn't a great spot for any team, especially in a 14 team league. The rest of your team is strong enough that you will still contend.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Will Gronk be back at anytime during the fantasy playoffs??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Will Gronk be back at anytime during the fantasy playoffs??
    I think you have to hold him if you can afford the roster spot. I think he could be back for week 16, but by that point the Patriots may have everything wrapped up and just continue to rest him.

It's a tough call but I'd lean toward holding him. It would really suck to have to face him in the fantasy superbowl because you dropped him in week 13

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Spiller and Lynch. I like Ridley too and continue wishing you could flex one. Very nice backfield.

Wallace and Edelman if he goes. If not then Hartline. Big Ben should be back this week so Wallace is a safe start.
    A Flex position would make my life so much easier.

Thanks Pricer.

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G