Thread: Micheal Hutchinson >> Pavelec

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Micheal Hutchinson >> Pavelec

The guys fighting for his career and has done really well. 3 starts in a row, 2 wins including a beaut over the Bruins and a 1-0 loss to Minn, has looked pretty good from the small bits of scene too.

I think he earned himself another contract, and possibly gets bumped up the ladder ahead of Pasquele. Could he be a full time back up next year?

Do they resign him AND look for a Hiller/Miller/Halak to replace Pavelec.

Any fantasy value here within the next 3 years?
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Micheal Hutchinson >> Pavelec

I would say that there's definitely some potential there. So far this season he's played 28 games in the ECHL, 22 games in the AHL (more to come, including playoffs) and 3 in the NHL. He's posted terrific (combined) numbers:

Record: 39-10-3, 5 SO
    GAA: Somewhere under 2.30
    SV%: Mid .920's

As far as his game, he's pretty economical in his movement and he gives up very few rebounds, which is a stark, stark contrast from Pavelec's game. Maurice stated that this is the kind of goaltending that the Jets need, which tells me he's well aware that Pavelec has not been delivering the goods. Hopefully Maurice can really push Chevy to make a change for next season.

As far as Hutchinson goes, it's only 3 NHL games, but it's been an excellent first showing, including wins on back-to-back nights. I'll be keeping an eye on what he does back in St. John's. If he continues to rack up wins, posting similar numbers we could see a lot more of him in the future.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No way he is better than Pavelec. A couple of late season games are not enough games to judge. Hutchinson has looked decent, but teams always seem to play harder in front of young, untested tenders over their normal starters. Back up at best. Jets go with Pavelec to start next year. If there is a new coach, then who knows.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

If Pavelec is not bought out or traded he's the #1 in Winnipeg in 2014. Montoya probably moves on, Hutchinson might get a look at the backup role depending upon FA moves and or trades. Long term he's most likely backup material.

Dobber Sports Genius

I fear that you guys are right, but if the Jets have Pavs as their #1 next season it'll be another painful season of sheer frustration. Still, I think you're right. Until that brutal contract runs out, the Jets are likely stuck with the status quo, with continued back-up juggling.

Still holding out hope for a big change, though...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No way he is better than Pavelec. A couple of late season games are not enough games to judge. Hutchinson has looked decent, but teams always seem to play harder in front of young, untested tenders over their normal starters. Back up at best. Jets go with Pavelec to start next year. If there is a new coach, then who knows.
    I was only joking regarding being better than Pavs, but he has played pretty well. Still pretty unproven though.

I think he has definite back up upside, will be an interesting team to watch in the offseason for sure
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Deity

Honestly, I think as long as Montoya is willing to sign another cheap contract (like he has the past couple years) I would be surprised if they let him walk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Kid looks good, Jets need to make a goaltending decision for next year, either buyout or trade Pavs. ( To carolina for Ward makes some sense). Hutchison needs to spend a full season in AHL and drive the bus there. Jets need to sign Montoya to another contract as an experienced back-up is gold - especially if he can push the starter.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO