Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Spoilers abound)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Game of Thrones (Spoilers abound)

Okay, we want to talk the books more, but a lot of people haven't read them and have only watched maybe season 1 of the HBO series.

This is where we can talk about the actual spoilers and differences more so without fear of ruining the story for others.

So if you don't want to know, stop, turn around, and go to the other thread and live in ignorance. After all, ignorance is bliss.

So what do you guys want to tackle first?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

I had a major rant to a friend once I finished book 5. I liked it much better than 4, but it still just felt like so much time was wasted with all of these characters being introduced (some of which were just killed).

Then you get into the deaths of the major characters.....Ill hold off the name of the big death at the end of book 5 just in case someone stumbles in here.....but like soooooooooo much happened with that character through every book only to have it all go to waste.

Although I don't think he's dead haha

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I hope so badly he's not dead! Martin likes to leave that "think they're dead but not really" cliffhanger though . . . he did it with Arya in book 1 and I THINK with Brienne in book 4.

Seeing this thread makes me need to re-read book 5 immediately.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuacky View Post
    I hope so badly he's not dead! Martin likes to leave that "think they're dead but not really" cliffhanger though . . . he did it with Arya in book 1 and I THINK with Brienne in book 4.

Seeing this thread makes me need to re-read book 5 immediately.
    Yeah that's another part of my rant. Because I seriously don't think he's dead especially when Melisandre pulled her face switcheroo thingy with Mance. Annnnnnnd the fact that Jon is the ONLY connection we have to the Wall and he's been a major part of the story since day 1. I dunno about you guys but Ive always had thoughts that him and Dany will end up together.

But really.....fill me in if Im forgetting anyone that he's given us a scenario where we're thinking they're dead and they're not.

Bran/Rickon in Book 2
    Davos after Blackwater in Book 2
    Theon after Book 2
    Arya after the tragic shit in Book 3
    Catelyn.....sort of
    Brienne at the end of book 4

Jon's story just isn't done yet. I feel like him and Dany have to at least meet. I don't remember if book 5 made this obvious or if this is just a theory of mine but I think it's become pretty clear that he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid. Why kill him before this is realized?

Plus he's my favorite character (followed by Arya) so it wouldn't be fair!

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't remember if book 5 made this obvious or if this is just a theory of mine but I think it's become pretty clear that he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid. Why kill him before this is realized?
    Yepppppppppppp that's a theory Ive heard as well. I didn't think of it so good on you. Makes a lottttttttt of sense though.

Ned doesn't talk about the mom because he doesn't want to tell the lie about the fact that it was actually his sister's kid and she was in love with Rhaegar....or at least had something for him.

What really made me think it was when I re-read the books and noticed Ned's flashbacks in the first book where Lyanna kept saying "promise me".

Argh, he's so going to die before he finishes this series

Dobber Sports Immortal

What really made me think it was when I re-read the books and noticed Ned's flashbacks in the first book where Lyanna kept saying "promise me".

Argh, he's so going to die before he finish
    Yaaaa I didn`t even catch on to that. It took me like three books to realize who everyone was hahaha. Well that`s an exaggeration....but my confusion went up in #4 when tons of new people were introduced.

Yaaaaa Im seriously worried. I mean I just started reading them last summer so I can't imagine how people who have been reading since 1995/96 are feeling. What's gonna happen when the show catches up? Aside from us having to watch Bran/Arya through the awkward teenage stage haha

Dobber Sports Genius

There are two reasons why I think Jon is still alive. One, Melisandre could do something, two. He called Ghost to him and if you remember the prologue to book 5, it's like a nice bookend to the book basically.

I hadn't heard about the whole Rhaegar thing. I love that. Plus, he's my favorite storyline so it can't be over.

Oh and as for GRRM kicking the can early, well I went through hell with Robert Jordan. Still need to finish that series. I have to admit, I like Brandon Sanderson more than Jordan's style. So in a way, I'm kind of happy about it all.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    There are two reasons why I think Jon is still alive. One, Melisandre could do something, two. He called Ghost to him and if you remember the prologue to book 5, it's like a nice bookend to the book basically.

I hadn't heard about the whole Rhaegar thing. I love that. Plus, he's my favorite storyline so it can't be over.
    What do you mean he called Ghost to him? That wasn't Jon in that prologue to Book 5 was it?

And yeah....when I heard the theory I was pretty pumped as well so I read up on it a bit. You can find some pretty serious people that break it down into the timelines and it makes a ton of sense.

Dobber Sports Genius

No it wasn't, but haven't you seen the signs. Jon is the same as some of the wildlings. He can enter other beings like Bran and take over till he finds a new body.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    No it wasn't, but haven't you seen the signs. Jon is the same as some of the wildlings. He can enter other beings like Bran and take over till he finds a new body.
    Oh yeah Ive noticed that. Arya too. But I just didn't remember him calling Ghost to him as he's dying.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yeah that's another part of my rant. Because I seriously don't think he's dead especially when Melisandre pulled her face switcheroo thingy with Mance. Annnnnnnd the fact that Jon is the ONLY connection we have to the Wall and he's been a major part of the story since day 1. I dunno about you guys but Ive always had thoughts that him and Dany will end up together.

But really.....fill me in if Im forgetting anyone that he's given us a scenario where we're thinking they're dead and they're not.

Bran/Rickon in Book 2
    Davos after Blackwater in Book 2
    Theon after Book 2
    Arya after the tragic shit in Book 3
    Catelyn.....sort of
    Brienne at the end of book 4

All those deaths I did not believe. Brienne was close. When Martin kills somebody, he leaves no doubt: Ed, the King of the North, Tywin etc..

The connection with Rhaegar and John I don't get. Where did this come from? I guess that is why you would link Dany with John then? Strange.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    All those deaths I did not believe. Brienne was close. When Martin kills somebody, he leaves no doubt: Ed, the King of the North, Tywin etc..
    I just mean using that same dramatic effect over and over gets tiresome.