Thread: Lundqvist+Backes for Niemi+Perry

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Lundqvist+Backes for Niemi+Perry

What do you think? Pull the trigger? I feel like I'd still have decent goaltending and I'm lacking goal scoring and PIMs.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd stay with Lundquist, personally.

With 8:5 skater:goalie cats, goalies hold great value, and the King is the best.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I believe that Niemi, with Anderson and Backstrom also on my bench, would still let me be competitive enough. My team scored all of 6 goals this week so far. I know it's only the first week, but it seems to me like I need more shooters.

Or it could be my Devils fandom possessing me to get rid of Lundy lol

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think this is a very even trade.

In a H2H-league, I may even look at the playoff schedules for each team (meaning each team's schedule in the weeks of the season that correspond to your H2H playoffs).

Sometimes, one goalie may have a schedule that conflicts less with your other goalies... and that can be very valuable in a H2H playoff week.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

San Jose and NYR both have 3 games in week 23, both have 4 games in week 24, and 3 again in week 25. Overall the schedule seemed pretty balanced; I only noticed one 3-goalie night in the playoffs. Think I'm gonna pull that trigger.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryAboutMyCap View Post
    San Jose and NYR both have 3 games in week 23, both have 4 games in week 24, and 3 again in week 25. Overall the schedule seemed pretty balanced; I only noticed one 3-goalie night in the playoffs. Think I'm gonna pull that trigger.
    Not just games per week.
    Check the actual NIGHTS vs. your current goalies NIGHTS.

Make sure they don't overlap too much where you are forced to bench one of your other goalies.

For the most part, I've found that having 3 goalies with at least one from each coast (East or West) works well for scheduling.

I took 3 Eastern goalies in my Roto league (Pavelec, Anderson, Nabokov) and they have a ton of conflicts. Big mistake.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stat-wise I think it's close to even, but at the end of the day, goalies can single-handedly steal matches for you in H2H, so for that reason I'd keep Lundy.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, I understand Pengwin. There would only be one 3 goalie night in week 24 with Niemi and two if I kept Lundqvist.