Thread: Team Analysis

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Team Analysis

Hi Guys,

As an extremly casual baseball fan but extreme fantasy lover I joined a dynasty baseball league (insane i know) and need some help analyzing my team.

Its 18 team full dynasty head to head weekly matches, cat based.

Scoring Cats:
    Hitters: HR, OB%, SB-CS, TB
    Pitchers: ERA, QS, SHLD, WHIP

Start: 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1SS, 1MI, 1 CF, 3 OF, 1 U, 5 SP, 5 RP

My Team:

C- Matt Wieters
    1B- Kendrys Morales
    2B- Brandon Phillips
    3B- David Freese
    SS- Troy Tulowitzki
    MI- Asdrubal Cabrera
    CF- Andrew McCutchen
    OF- Ryan Braun
    OF- Jay Bruce
    OF- Jay Jon
    U- Tony Campana

SP- Brett Anderson
    SP- Homer Bailey
    SP- Jason Vargas
    SP- Jon Lester
    SP- Randall Delgado

RP- Aroldis Chapman
    RP- John Axford
    RP- Jason Grilli
    RP- Joel Peralta
    RP- Alfredo Aceves

Bench - Jhoulys Chacin (SP), Scott Diamond (SP), Garrett Richards (RP), Stephen Lombardozzi (2B,OF)

Minors Batters- Evan Gattis, Tony Sanchez, Kolten Wong, Jason Esposito, Junior Lake, Jonathan Villar, Jake Marisnick, Trayce Thompson

Minors pitchers- Dylan Bundy, Zach Britton, Chris Heston, Trevor May, Andrew Oliver, Jed Bradley, Heath Hembree, Eduardo Sanchez, Arodys Vzcaino

Looking at this team where do you guys feel the glaring weaknesses are that I need to address before next season. Thank you for any responses and all the best!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is 1 of the best takeover rosters I've seen considering the league size; you've certainly fallen in to a good situation. SP is your area of concern and it is not bad; and finding a better U player

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You have some wonderful batters considering it's an 18 team league. You got HR covered for sure and I believe TB should be fine as well. You only have 2 real SB contenders in Braun and Campano. McCutchen had 20 SB but he also got caught 12 times.

Pitching is alright, but I like your leagues decision to do something different, leaving out the ever popular wins and K catagories. This could lend itself to a good advantage if other managers aren't used to this.

You have 2 pitchers that ended up with a good amount of QS in Vargas and Lester. Anderson's small sample size is encouraging, if he can stay on the mound he might also turn into a decent contributor as well.

I don't know what SHLD is as a stat, is it a mix of Saves and Holds? If so keep a look out for those middle men. I know bullpen line ups can change so you never know who might emerge over the course of a season. The good thing is while guys might still get hung up on K you know what to look for based on your settings.

Pickings will be slim, but with your strong team you have the flexability to take those little risks and try to catch a player on a good streak.

Sorry for the block of text.

Best of luck to you when the season starts.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TundraArc View Post
    You have some wonderful batters considering it's an 18 team league. You got HR covered for sure and I believe TB should be fine as well. You only have 2 real SB contenders in Braun and Campano. McCutchen had 20 SB but he also got caught 12 times.

Pitching is alright, but I like your leagues decision to do something different, leaving out the ever popular wins and K catagories. This could lend itself to a good advantage if other managers aren't used to this.

You have 2 pitchers that ended up with a good amount of QS in Vargas and Lester. Anderson's small sample size is encouraging, if he can stay on the mound he might also turn into a decent contributor as well.

I don't know what SHLD is as a stat, is it a mix of Saves and Holds? If so keep a look out for those middle men. I know bullpen line ups can change so you never know who might emerge over the course of a season. The good thing is while guys might still get hung up on K you know what to look for based on your settings.

Pickings will be slim, but with your strong team you have the flexability to take those little risks and try to catch a player on a good streak.

Sorry for the block of text.

Best of luck to you when the season starts.
    Hard to add much to what this guy said, take his advice.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."