Thread: Sad day in Bear land

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Sad day in Bear land

I never thought I'd see it, but The Bears drop Urlacher. So sad to see....He had such a great lineage from George, to Butkus, to Singletary to Urlacher.

I'm praying he doesn't go somewhere else to play like crap and tarnish his HOF career.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Sage

I think it is a great day. Sentimentality has no place in this salary-cap league. 2 million was a generous offer considering he was TERRIBLE last year and there is no reason to think he is going to rebound significantly. This new regime needs a clean break.

Tarnish his image? Why care? Urlaucher has been indifferent to downright contemptuous towards the fans during his playing career. Just a couple months ago he talked about how he didn't care what the fans thought. I won't miss him at all.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    I think it is a great day. Sentimentality has no place in this salary-cap league. 2 million was a generous offer considering he was TERRIBLE last year and there is no reason to think he is going to rebound significantly. This new regime needs a clean break.

Tarnish his image? Why care? Urlaucher has been indifferent to downright contemptuous towards the fans during his playing career. Just a couple months ago he talked about how he didn't care what the fans thought. I won't miss him at all.

His terrible will out play Blake Costanzo's great play.

His leadership. What he brings for those intangibles outplays ANY replacement.

Besides, we need a rookie. Need some fresh blood. Urlacher on a 1 or 2 year term allows him to mentor a T'eo, or someone.

There's noone down the pipe. Briggs in turn will be miffed about it, and will have a bad year.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    His terrible will out play Blake Costanzo's great play.

His leadership. What he brings for those intangibles outplays ANY replacement.

Besides, we need a rookie. Need some fresh blood. Urlacher on a 1 or 2 year term allows him to mentor a T'eo, or someone.

There's noone down the pipe. Briggs in turn will be miffed about it, and will have a bad year.
    Leadership and intangibles are extremely overrated. I prefer a MLB who can RUN which Urlaucher could barely do last year. Any number of FA LBs will be a competent replacement. And I highly doubt Urlaucher was going to be a mentor to his replacement.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Leadership and intangibles are extremely overrated. I prefer a MLB who can RUN which Urlaucher could barely do last year. Any number of FA LBs will be a competent replacement. And I highly doubt Urlaucher was going to be a mentor to his replacement.

You hit the nail right on the head here. The Bears will draft Brown out of Kansas St and Urlachers's flaws will be clear as day