Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Challenge: Name our Ramblings! (PG)

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default Challenge: Name our Ramblings! (PG)

Due to the fact that "Daily Ramblings" is already taken, we want you guys to come up with a new tag line that's along those lines... and quite frankly, Daily Chatter just won't cut it.

At your disposal is the use of the acronym's GAP or PG (preferred but not needed) and it must relate to a something along the lines of Daily Ramblings but with a flair of hockey ala Coach's Corner.

If there are many good answers, we'll put up a vote.

Winner gets props and the gratitude of having our ramblings section named after you suggestion. (maybe a little rep too, haha)

Let's see what you guys can come up with!

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Novice

Default re: ramblings suggestion

Today's hockey play.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Puck Droppings

GAP Analysis
    - This is a tool that helps a company to compare its actual performance with its potential performance.

P.G. Proclamation
    - Post Game Proclamation (or you could use Opinion, Scoop, or whatever)

Just brainstorming. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Monster

GAP Call outs

GAP News Center

Gap Center

Gap Smack

GAP Country

GAPtology

best I got at 12:30 am and a Blackhawks loss lol
    Last edited by Shake; November 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

PG Ratings

Banned

You could call yourself

Dobber's Imitators

Since that's all you're doing with your ramblings, and copying thereof.

I thought you guys get a section of the forum to do your own thing.

Well, in my opinion, doing your own thing is something else than doing someone else's thing in your own words.

be a little more inventive, because this is pathetic

sorry to piss on your parade, but hey what ya gonna do about it.

Dutch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dutch is right... Is this a joke?

Dobber Sports Pro

What about using the traditional PG-13.

List 13 items every day that are unique, relevant, strange, hockey related issues. A nice finite list that makes you go hmmmmm. If it was me, I would call my list " 'tude for thought", I find a little bias goes a long way.

I am a huge fan of Elliot Friedman's 30 thoughts, which is the type of format that would be a nice quick daily read. (Either that or a mildly distatseful comic strip if you are artistically inclined.)

And... Someone remind me how more information presented in an enjoyable fashion can be a bad thing?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would call it the Dipshit Attractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You could call yourself

Dobber's Imitators

Since that's all you're doing with your ramblings, and copying thereof.

I thought you guys get a section of the forum to do your own thing.

Well, in my opinion, doing your own thing is something else than doing someone else's thing in your own words.

be a little more inventive, because this is pathetic

sorry to piss on your parade, but hey what ya gonna do about it.

Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Dutch is right... Is this a joke?
    This section has been open for what, a little over 24 hours?

Since the start of the week, those who've followed us knew exactly what we were doing.

No need to piss on a parade that hasn't even started setting up yet!

Like mentioned in the welcoming thread, praba and I are only unpacking. There's a lot to deliver and giving extra ramblings is only a little bonus for those who choose to tune in the meantime.

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post

List 13 items every day that are unique, relevant, strange, hockey related issues. A nice finite list that makes you go hmmmmm. If it was me, I would call my list " 'tude for thought", I find a little bias goes a long way.

I am a huge fan of Elliot Friedman's 30 thoughts, which is the type of format that would be a nice quick daily read. (Either that or a mildly distatseful comic strip if you are artistically inclined.)

And... Someone remind me how more information presented in an enjoyable fashion can be a bad thing?
    Brilliant! Love every part of this Chuk.

There is a little kids ditty that asks the question - Do you want some more? and the response is "Oh yes, please."

Dobber Sports Ninja

List 13 items every day that are unique, relevant, strange, hockey related issues.
    I like this idea as well. Nice, Chuk. (haha, as opposed to nun chuk!! hey it's nearly 3 am!)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by CommittedToTheIndian View Post
    PG Ratings

Love it.

Definitely something Praba and I will consider doing.

This is the reason I love doing challenges and contests like this because we get stellar ideas from everyone. You guys want it, we'll deliver it. It's that simple. If ever you guys want something covered, you know where to ask.

Thanks to all that put up title suggestions, very appreciated! As for the negative ones, well every blog will have them right?

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Ninja

I vote for this one as well - great idea!

Shoeless' dipshit attractor works as well, though if all of us are lucky it will not be applicable in a couple weeks...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I do like Chuks PG 13 idea as it brings something a little different than the Daily Ramblings.

Personally, your copycat idea of the ramblings is one thing I DID NOT like about your campaign as it's already being done and being master by the Dobber Gods themselves.

PG 13 is a better way to go about getting your daily thoughts out to the forum without completely copycating Daily Ramblings.

Some cool names you could use if you choose the more traditional daily ramblings route are:

Behind the Bench
    From the Pressbox