Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" NHL13 Game Thread

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thumbs up "Official" NHL13 Game Thread

We seem to be talking about/complaing/etc... in various threads about NHL13. Might as well make one thread for it.

Feel free to talk about:
    a) Techniques
    b) Features
    c) Share info...etc

Be cool to have a GMConnected league with a few forum folks. The usual suspects from my office have been running a 7 person (so far) league. About 21 games into the season, it is going smooth... aside from some pretty iffy trading going on. Seems even if i don't approve a trade, the league processes it on a schedule move. ooops.

BOS User player traded 4 or 5 first round picks for STAMKOS off the CPU. lol...

----------------------------------

My discussion topics/questions:
    a) Has anyone figured out the best FACEOFF technique?
    b) What is the best strategy vs CPU? (team settings... i.e. crash net + 1-3-1 NZ trap??)...etc

cheers!
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Man, I think I'm actually getting WORSE at faceoffs. Went on a 3 game streak where I literally didn't win a single faceoffs and then won 2 and 1 the past two games.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Man, I think I'm actually getting WORSE at faceoffs. Went on a 3 game streak where I literally didn't win a single faceoffs and then won 2 and 1 the past two games.
    DUDE, it drives me crazy... i'm going to look up some youtube videos ont he subject later.

I keep trying different timing and it just doesn't work... This game makes me angry more often than not.

Anyone had success??

It makes me extra mad when people i typically dominated are now beating me. WTF :@
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Pro

I was finding the same thing. I did the built in face off tutorial and really started paying attention to the handedness of the opponent and it helped a lot.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

For faceoffs, I use the strength technique usually. Unless you have a player that is really good at faceoffs, you just wait until the referee moves his arm and get ready to win the draw.

I'm serious when I say this, I think Craig Anderson is the hardest goalie to score on in the game.

The goalies are unreal, but I love it. It makes the game much more interesting and challenging as well.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    For faceoffs, I use the strength technique usually. Unless you have a player that is really good at faceoffs, you just wait until the referee moves his arm and get ready to win the draw.

I'm serious when I say this, I think Craig Anderson is the hardest goalie to score on in the game.

The goalies are unreal, but I love it. It makes the game much more interesting and challenging as well.
    when you say "strength technique" do you mean tie up/push ahead?
    rm

Keepers

My last season was so messed - finished as the 17th seed (in BAGM), so one spot out of playoffs. The brutal part is I had more points than 5 Eastern Teams. Yea... based on points standings I was like 12th or something and tied in points with Calgary for the last spot in the West but they had 1 more win than me.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    What difficulty setting are you on?
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    when you say "strength technique" do you mean tie up/push ahead?
    rm
    Yep, works for me most of the time.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm about 50 games into my first season as "Be A Pro" and it's going pretty good.
    I'm the starting C for Victoria Royals and the team is pretty shitty. I lead the league in goals but I'm suppose to be a playmaking C. He started off with a 68 rating and we now got him up to a 71. Pretty tough. My team is below .500 and making the playoffs will be tough. The D make terrible passes breaking out of our zone.

Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    What difficulty setting are you on?
    All-star... the 2nd hardest.

In prior years I played Superstar but tried a game or two of it in 13 and yea, got killed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quick question, I have the game on 360.

My buddy created a goalie for Be A Pro and every time I try to create a forward or D it goes back to the pro he created but just for a different position.

Anyone know how I can delete this pro? I want to play BAP with a forward at some point.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post

wow you werene't kiddin. First loss in 8 games, got shut out by Anderson behind a brutal Sens team(injury riddled).

So anyone figure out a reasonable way to play the CPU?
    I can beat them on the score-board and the games are good for the most part, but I cant touch them physically. My guys bounce off there's like it's Gionta vs Chara. My players fall down so easily!!
    I've tinkered with the sliders and settings, but I still get dominated physically every game.

ps. I'd play strictly online if they'd let you tinker with the "Game Speed" setting, hate how slow the default setting is.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i'm so depressed. i went from being near undefeatable in nhl 12 to an average player in nhl 13

this must be how thor felt like after he was banished to earth. GOD TO MERE HUMAN.

and yes i realize this is like my first post in how long. been extremely busy so i havent had much time for hockey...and clearly im not missing much considering the front page news on TSN is always talking about how some joe blow has decided to change the color of his equipment or some other useless stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i'm so depressed. i went from being near undefeatable in nhl 12 to an average player in nhl 13

this must be how thor felt like after he was banished to earth. GOD TO MERE HUMAN.

and yes i realize this is like my first post in how long. been extremely busy so i havent had much time for hockey...and clearly im not missing much considering the front page news on TSN is always talking about how some joe blow has decided to change the color of his equipment or some other useless stuff.
    Welcome to the mere mortals! Muahaha