Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price and Andersen :(

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Price and Andersen :(

They're killing me... They killing you too? Thought i was drafting gold. Yeah, I know it's only 4 games but, the way these two teams play and the way the refs are calling penalties, this could go bad for the year. Toronto has a great offense but they take a lot of penalties and they're not elite defensively. Montreal, hard working blue collared team but they're not great defensively nor offensively either. Is this how it's gonna be all year? If so, might as well shut the Ipad and walk away because these two have me sitting tied for last in GAA and SV%....

End rant

Thank you

19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Price and Andersen :(

It's week 1 of a longgggggggggggggggg season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I thought goalies could be value-drafted this year.
    I chose the wrong ones myself, but right now... Varlamov (COL), Schneider (NJ), Fleury (VGK), Howard (DET).
    Those are bottom six teams - goalies getting it done.

The start of season always magnifies great/poor performances.
    I've learned to really be patient with my players though... they'll come around.

Price is an all-world goalie.
    Right now, Montreal shots aren't getting through and then they chase a bit to rally and it's costing Price.

As for Andersen, the Toronto defensive-scheme has been just brutal.
    Young teams often show that. The opportunities that the Leafs have been giving up remind me (as a Flyers fan) of some of the 10-bell opps that Philly gave up last year.
    Babcock will eventually get them straightened out, but the youth on the TOR blueline is really showing.

Andersen is going to be a 35-40w goalie, but it won't surprise me if he does it with a 2.80+ gaa.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Babcock will eventually get them straightened out, but the youth on the TOR blueline is really showing.

Andersen is going to be a 35-40w goalie, but it won't surprise me if he does it with a 2.80+ gaa.
    Yep. That's what I see!
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I thought goalies could be value-drafted this year.
    I chose the wrong ones myself, but right now... Varlamov (COL), Schneider (NJ), Fleury (VGK), Howard (DET).
    Those are bottom six teams - goalies getting it done.

The start of season always magnifies great/poor performances.
    I've learned to really be patient with my players though... they'll come around.

Price is an all-world goalie.
    Right now, Montreal shots aren't getting through and then they chase a bit to rally and it's costing Price.

As for Andersen, the Toronto defensive-scheme has been just brutal.
    Young teams often show that. The opportunities that the Leafs have been giving up remind me (as a Flyers fan) of some of the 10-bell opps that Philly gave up last year.

The question becomes can Price level that out on his end.

Dobber Sports Deity

Time to blow it up! J/K.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Time to blow it up! J/K.
    Haha naa I know.. just starting to see patterns develop. Hopefully they both right the ship.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Peng7 is likely right about Andersen (near elite wins with sub par peripherals) and Price will likely be the opposite with elite peripherals and struggling to reach 40 wins.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's week 1 of a longgggggggggggggggg season.

Wouldn't last night technically be the start of week 2?

Haha,, but even if it is week 2 and not week 1 it is way to early to be panicking about your goalies. Take it in stride and hold onto these guys and they will turn things around.

Take the week that they had.... move it from the first week of the season to a week in the middle of December or early January and you probably wouldn't even think much of it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

The first 15 games of the season are always goalie nightmares.

Andersen was not good to start the year last year either. Weather the storm and good things will come.

Price on the other hand.....the light at the end of the tunnel is there, but I think it is a train. Montreal usually comes out strong and falters after 20 games. Not sure if life gets easier there.

Wait for a 3 game win streak and try to sell high
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    The first 15 games of the season are always goalie nightmares.

Andersen was not good to start the year last year either. Weather the storm and good things will come.

Price on the other hand.....the light at the end of the tunnel is there, but I think it is a train. Montreal usually comes out strong and falters after 20 games. Not sure if life gets easier there.

Wait for a 3 game win streak and try to sell high
    I can see this being a realistic situation. I have a guy in my league dangling names like Fleury, Ovie, Schenn etc.. He's looking for an upgrade in nets. Would it be foolish to say, offer Price and a forward like Spezza for Schenn and Fleury? Or does that trade murder me in the end?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Standard Point System

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I feel you. Goalie cats make up 40% of our league categories so I went with goaltending earlier this year ( Price and Rask)
    I am dead last in goalie categories so far. I do have Howard who is doing well but it is a weekly league and I know as soon as I take Rask or Price out they will pitch a SO on my bench
    One Year Roto. 12 teams
    Cats: Goals (Weighted Twice) Assists(Weighted Twice), SOG, Power Play Points.
    Goalie Cats: Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts

Positions: 7 Forwards, 3 D, 2 goalies

F A Matthews
    F Laine
    F Kuznetzov
    F Monahan
    F Petterson
    F Duchene
    F Granlund
    D Krug
    D Yandle
    D Werenski

G Vasilevsky
    G Luongo/ Quick

Bench: Nylander, Tuch, T Wilson, Oshie, C. Miller, C Peterson

Dobber Sports Jedi

I really dislike these early season posts where people freak out over bad starts with proven players. Sigh.... it really hurt Forsberg's numbers last year. Hell Andersen started WORSE than this last year before becoming a must start Goalie in the second half.

If your stars are going to shit the bed statistically. October is when and where you want it. NOT March April when you're heading to the playoffs. Be thankful this is October.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by karljans View Post
    I feel you. Goalie cats make up 40% of our league categories so I went with goaltending earlier this year ( Price and Rask)
    I am dead last in goalie categories so far. I do have Howard who is doing well but it is a weekly league and I know as soon as I take Rask or Price out they will pitch a SO on my bench
    And I know that's exactly what's going to happen to me. But seriously it can't start happening soon enough. I can't lie... I don't like the way either of these teams look defensively. However they do have to get acclimated.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by karljans View Post
    This is exactly my thought, regarding Rask or Price pitching a SO on my bench.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax