Page 71 of 412 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

I can't see Rielly sticking.

Phaneuf
    Gunnar
    Gardiner
    Ranger
    Fraser
    Holzer
    Liles

are the 7 likely defenders.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just dont see room for Rielly yet and why force it?? The kid is going to be good potentially great but that just it he is a kid! He may get a few games to start the year but unless he shines he's going back down.

As for the Raymond signing....love it! the guy is going to be a very strong 3rd line player with ability to fill in the top 6 when need be for say like the first 10 games

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hey guys, I'm one of the victims of owning Cody Franson and I just picked up Paul Ranger as an emergency back up. I haven't been following Leafs preseason, but I would image the Leafs have no choice but to trade Franson now. What are the odds that Paul Ranger stays with the big team all year? I need him to replace the hits/blks that Franson gave me last season. Thanks.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Hey guys, I'm one of the victims of owning Cody Franson and I just picked up Paul Ranger as an emergency back up. I haven't been following Leafs preseason, but I would image the Leafs have no choice but to trade Franson now. What are the odds that Paul Ranger stays with the big team all year? I need him to replace the hits/blks that Franson gave me last season. Thanks.
    Oh I think that Ranger spends the year at his contract and I can see the Leafs palying hardball with Franson and letting him sit and not trading him he is too good to take a garbage pick for. He will sit until they can move Gunnersson (Worst signing this year) or Liles......until then he sits or takes less to play and sends Liles back to the box.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I haven't seen a ton of Paul Ranger, but I just don't see him putting up hits like Franson. He could put up the points, if he's giving good minutes. The offensive potential is there. But I don't see him helping you out nearly as much in the hits category. But it's such a small sample size, please use this with a grain of salt.

Edit: I should have added that the site I use for extended stats (NHL numbers) didn't start records hits until 2010. And Ranger only played in 8 NHL games that year, and none since that time. In 2010, 8 GP: 1G, 1A, 6PiM, 5 Hits, 11 blocks, 11 SOG.

Edit 2: ESPN stats for 2008-09 for Ranger. 42GP, 63 hits (1.5 per game) and 72 block shots (1.7 per game). Last year Franson was 2.75 hits/game and 1.3 on block shots. So I might be concerned relying on Ranger to get the same output in hits as Franson.
    Last edited by als_revenge; September 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I haven't seen a ton of Paul Ranger, but I just don't see him putting up hits like Franson. He could put up the points, if he's giving good minutes. The offensive potential is there. But I don't see him helping you out nearly as much in the hits category. But it's such a small sample size, please use this with a grain of salt.

Edit: I should have added that the site I use for extended stats (NHL numbers) didn't start records hits until 2010. And Ranger only played in 8 NHL games that year, and none since that time. In 2010, 8 GP: 1G, 1A, 6PiM, 5 Hits, 11 blocks, 11 SOG.

Edit 2: ESPN stats for 2008-09 for Ranger. 42GP, 63 hits (1.5 per game) and 72 block shots (1.7 per game). Last year Franson was 2.75 hits/game and 1.3 on block shots. So I might be concerned relying on Ranger to get the same output in hits as Franson.
    I didnt say that Franson is going to be replaced by Ranger just that Ranger will play the year.....Franson is the better D man no doubt about it but he has to have a contract to play and Leafs have no cap to give him what he wants so he is going to sit until they trade Gunner and / or Liles.....preferably both.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I didnt say that Franson is going to be replaced by Ranger just that Ranger will play the year.....Franson is the better D man no doubt about it but he has to have a contract to play and Leafs have no cap to give him what he wants so he is going to sit until they trade Gunner and / or Liles.....preferably both.
    Right. I was just responding to the specific question re: can Ranger replace Franson's hits and blocked shots. On the hits front, my feeling is no. Based on the limited games I've seen him play (and looking at older stats), he just doesn't seem to play that style of game (as compared to Franson).

Dobber Sports Guru

Via twitter

“@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR puts Korbinian Holzer and T.J. Brennan on waivers.”

“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Jean Michael Liles also on waivers in TOR.”

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Via twitter
    so reilly makes the team?

Dobber Sports Stud

Am I the only one who thinks Franson played like a top defenseman tonight vs Philly or am I delusional?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Franson played like a top defenseman tonight vs Philly or am I delusional?
    Hes played great since he signed.
    Phanny also has been playing great.

Bernier is the real deal. This 2 goalie competition is going to be something.

Team continues to be shakey in the defensive zone though. Waaay too many shots.

Dobber Sports Icon

Whoohoo another W!!!!!

2Gs by Bolland.

Bring on the Sens!

Dobber Sports Monster

Leafs 2 games , 2-0 on the road and impressive in net ( Reimer / Bernier). Very impresssed with how they have played thus far as a whole. Kadri, not so much. But I like this team. I don't watch the Leafs often, but watched last night and tonight. Good Stuff.

The Great One

Franson looks A LOT stronger.

Dobber Sports All-Star

As great as Franson has looked, Ranger has been HORRIBLE. How long before he gets waived? Not long would be my guess.