Page 133 of 244 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Why don't you fanboys get a room already? We'll see the real Turris this year when he's all on his own against top defenders
    He played all last season as such? I think we've seen it already. And of course 'we' being people who actually watch the games.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why don't you fanboys get a room already? We'll see the real Turris this year when he's all on his own against top defenders
    Turris played against the other team's top defenders for the second half of last season because it took half a season for NHL coaches to realize that Spezza is shit now. Spezza's -26 was a team LOW while Kyle Turris had a TEAM HIGH +22. If you think Spezza was this team's #1 center last season you are wrong. Do everyone a favor and stop talking about shit you're clearly perplexed about.
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why don't you fanboys get a room already?
    Umm, this IS their room (Ottawa Senators thread), so they have a pretty good grasp on all things Senatorial, albeit, they aren't exactly unbiased.

I on the other hand, am an Oilers fan living in Ottawa and also saw Turris playing pretty much 1C most of the year, but without Spezza or at least another NHL calibre 1st or 2nd line C, I don't know if Turris can thrive. Put a young player there who's not ready (Zibanejad?) and it could all go downhill fast for the Sens as a team. That might lead to Turris trying to do more than he's capable by trying to do it all himself.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Last year Alfredsson, this year spezza. Nothing back in either case. What will it take to keep Ryan next year...or Karlsson after that? McDavid? Hmmmmmm. Well played Sens...well played.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    pure BS. I get that you're jealous of what MacArthur did for us last year, but you don't have to write stuff like that. He would fit in any team's top 6. Tyler Toffoli was in a top 6 that just won the Cup.

ah I will cherish the day we signed Clarke MacArthur and Mr. Guru said he was not signed to be a Top 6 player. Good times.
    I've very jealous of what Mac did for you guys. He got Ottawa 55 points and almost a lottery pick. He got 10 more points than Raymond. Yes, Raymond. $1M 3rd line Raymond.

Toffoli is twice the player Mac is. Trust me, Mac is not a top 6 forward on a SUCCESSFUL team. I said the same thing about Spezza, you wrote a similar post as the one quoted above. Also, don't get me wrong. I love the fact that you guys actually signed Mac (and Michalek) to be in your top 6. Mac/Michalek are not a winners. They are both third liners who can fill in for the 2nd line. Mac only plays 2nd line on teams without true top 6ers. And if Mac is indeed playing 2nd line minutes, that team is barely making the playoffs, let alone doing any damage in it.

To build a successful team you don't let Mac and Michalek in your top 6. They are actually worthless players. They don't do anything for the organization moving forward. Stop gaps if you will.

You'll see. Time will tell. 1 year with Mac. Nothing to show for it.

I was right with Spezza. It only took you a few years to figure it out for yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I've very jealous of what Mac did for you guys. He got Ottawa 55 points and almost a lottery pick. He got 10 more points than Raymond. Yes, Raymond. $1M 3rd line Raymond.

Toffoli is twice the player Mac is. Trust me, Mac is not a top 6 forward on a SUCCESSFUL team. I said the same thing about Spezza, you wrote a similar post as the one quoted above. Also, don't get me wrong. I love the fact that you guys actually signed Mac (and Michalek) to be in your top 6. Mac/Michalek are not a winners. They are both third liners who can fill in for the 2nd line. Mac only plays 2nd line on teams without true top 6ers. And if Mac is indeed playing 2nd line minutes, that team is barely making the playoffs, let alone doing any damage in it.

To build a successful team you don't let Mac and Michalek in your top 6. They are actually worthless players. They don't do anything for the organization moving forward. Stop gaps if you will.

You'll see. Time will tell. 1 year with Mac. Nothing to show for it.

I was right with Spezza. It only took you a few years to figure it out for yourself.
    The Michalek signing was among the worst of the FA period this year and the way Spezza was mismanaged was disgusting. The Sens basically took a valuable asset that they could have flipped for a decent 2nd line option and completely wasted the opportunity to get a good return on him. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Bobby Ryan jump ship next year when he hits UFA status too. The team has basically undid years of building and good drafting, the real Sens fans must be crying in their beers

The Great One

The good thing for them is that MacArthur is a UFA next year too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Every once in a while I have to stick my head in just to remind myself why I barely post on Dobber Boards anymore. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction again.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Umm, this IS their room (Ottawa Senators thread), so they have a pretty good grasp on all things Senatorial, albeit, they aren't exactly unbiased.

I on the other hand, am an Oilers fan living in Ottawa and also saw Turris playing pretty much 1C most of the year, but without Spezza or at least another NHL calibre 1st or 2nd line C, I don't know if Turris can thrive. Put a young player there who's not ready (Zibanejad?) and it could all go downhill fast for the Sens as a team. That might lead to Turris trying to do more than he's capable by trying to do it all himself.
    Call it 1a/1b then, neither line is the obvious 1st or 2nd. But my point stands, Turris is a pretty good 2nd line C but if they don't replace Spezza with someone comparable he's going to struggle

Dobber Sports Genius

Call it 1a/1b then, neither line is the obvious 1st or 2nd. But my point stands, Turris is a pretty good 2nd line C but if they don't replace Spezza with someone comparable he's going to struggle
    Your point stands…but it is based on nothing other than your imagination and lack of knowledge regarding the Sens.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    The Michalek signing was among the worst of the FA period this year and the way Spezza was mismanaged was disgusting. The Sens basically took a valuable asset that they could have flipped for a decent 2nd line option and completely wasted the opportunity to get a good return on him. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Bobby Ryan jump ship next year when he hits UFA status too. The team has basically undid years of building and good drafting, the real Sens fans must be crying in their beers
    Meh. It's tough right now for sure, but until one of the new core fail to re-sign or leave for nothing, I'm not getting all worked up like the Ottawa so-called bloggers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Your point stands…but it is based on nothing other than your imagination and lack of knowledge regarding the Sens.
    Thread bookmarked, you guys will all have some crow to eat in about a year, lets revisit then

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by spanyon View Post
    Turris played against the other team's top defenders for the second half of last season because it took half a season for NHL coaches to realize that Spezza is shit now. Spezza's -26 was a team LOW while Kyle Turris had a TEAM HIGH +22. If you think Spezza was this team's #1 center last season you are wrong. Do everyone a favor and stop talking about shit you're clearly perplexed about.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Not an ideal return but 'mismanaged and disgusting'? I hardly think that's a fair assessment, perhaps even a bit dramatic in my opinion.

'Undid years of building and good drafting'? No question about it, dramatic. Unless your speaking about the drafting of Alfy and Spezza? Otherwise I have no clue what your trying to allude to.
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

Dobber Sports Ninja

I could be wrong, but I'll agree that if the Sens don't replace Spezza with a reasonable (read solid NHL player) replacement and Zibanejad doesn't step up, Turris could very well struggle. I suspect Murray will get something done and I do have faith in the Walrus. It will be a very interesting year here in Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Stud

I can certainly agree, that on paper, there team isn't too flashy. But I think we are gonna get a good look at the sort of team Murray worked towards drafting. A lot of young players, and be interesting to see how they will work out.

It's gonna be a big year for a lot of young players, GM, and HC.
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G