Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone trading Tavares?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Why is everyone trading Tavares?

Seriously, if you are in a keeper league, why are you wondering about trading Tavares? He wasn't shot, he messed up his knee. This guy is a top 5 fantasy and NHL player.

Unless you are getting an offer you simply can't refuse (and if you dont know what one of them look like then I dont know what to tell you), Tavares is a long term fantasy asset you will not be able to get back and a must keep.

Smarten up and simply keep him. Jaysus!!

Now if you are simply trying to acquire him, then go get him if the owners are the dumbasses and want to trade him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Why is everyone trading Tavares?

They're scared and the vultures are swarming and sending offers that may look good, but really aren't.

I...am your father.

The offers are pouring in, but I doubt even 1% of his owners are going to end up dealing him, unless they get a quality stud back. Such as Patrick Kane - last night, Chuk was at the DobberHockey event and he was saying that he could acquire Tavares from the first-place team if he gave up Kane. I told him that's the right move. So the top team still gets a stud, and the win - but Chuk gets the upgrade for future
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber, I'm a first place team with Kane in my dynasty league; should I trade him for Tavares?

I own Tavares and am more worried about winning this year than keeping him for next year.
    I will find a way to win without him next year!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pretty major injury so maybe the worry is he'll never be the same when he comes back like Markov was never the same again when he got back from his knee injury.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Pretty major injury so maybe the worry is he'll never be the same when he comes back like Markov was never the same again when he got back from his knee injury.
    I think he'll be fine.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Seriously, if you are in a keeper league, why are you wondering about trading Tavares? He wasn't shot, he messed up his knee. This guy is a top 5 fantasy and NHL player.

Unless you are getting an offer you simply can't refuse (and if you dont know what one of them look like then I dont know what to tell you), Tavares is a long term fantasy asset you will not be able to get back and a must keep.

Smarten up and simply keep him. Jaysus!!

Now if you are simply trying to acquire him, then go get him if the owners are the dumbasses and want to trade him.
    The issue isn't about the severity of the injury. Too many GMs in fantasy hockey never understand the "win-now" mode, and are more worried about their team long-term having a chance at winning. If you have a serious chance at winning this year and you have Tavares, you should be considering deals that gets you a top-10 player back (like Kane, Giroux, etc) if it will give you a solid chance at winning.

You have to make sacrifices to win. I don't think anyone trading Tavares wants to, but sometimes circumstances require you to (so long as you don't undersell). I'm pretty sure anyone trading him is in a position to win, and that's why. No one in their right mind would trade him because of the injury if they don't have a shot at winning this year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Owning Tavares in a cap league makes it even more difficult to trade him. I am in 1st place in my roto league but hanging onto it by a thread. I now have to play Kucherov in place of Tavares. Yeah, big downgrade. But I have not had one good offer for him and am certainly not going to trade him for a 60-point guy who might help me win this year. The only reasonable offer I kinda considered - and this wasn't official from the other owner, just chatting - is my trading Tavares and Carter for Neal and Kunitz.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

Markov was 32 years old when he went down with his injury which almost kept him out of the game for a full season. When he came back, he was 33. He wasn't the same because he was getting older, not because of the injury. Knee injuries like this tend to take a long time to rehab, but once you do, you are fine.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you have the chance, go get Tavares.. I can't believe how much he is being shopped right now..

I would trade my Kane for Tavares, just for the record..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Don't forget that he'll be more prone to reinjury in that knee just like Markov reinjured his a couple times. Either way there is always a risk. I'd much rather have a broken bone then 2 blown ligmainents in my knee.

Dobber Sports Star

Don't forget that he'll be more prone to reinjury in that knee just like Markov reinjured his a couple times. Either way there is always a risk. I'd much rather have a broken bone then 2 blown ligmainents in my knee.
    With today's Medical technology, Ligament damage in knees doesn't pose a great risk for re-injury. He will be back next year like nothing happened.

Rylant

Not sure why so many are shopping him. If you're in "win now", had him as a a leading scorer on your team and are looking to replace him to win your league, I get it. If you're out of the running and are trying to deal him, I doubt you're gonna get good return value. I'd keep him regardless.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Id love for someone to trade me Tavares. I was actually trying to add him pre-olympics.
    In a keeper, he shouldn't be moved.
    10 team - Keep 4 - H2H Scoring:
    C(3)LW(2)RW(2)D(4)
    G,A,PIM,P,+/-,PPP,Wins,GAA,SV%,SO

C - Thornton, Giroux(RW), Datsyuk(LW), Granlund
    LW - Pacioretti, Vermette(C), Dubinsky(C)
    RW - Voracek,Wheeler, Nyquist(C),
    D - D Boyle , Burns, Zidlicky, Gudas
    G - Niemi, Khudobin, Stalock

IR- Rinne, Harding