Thread: 3/6/12 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 3/6/12 Studs & Duds

Not much time here so let's get right to it!

STUDS

Michalek hat trick

Milan Michalek took advantage of the empty net (not that Roloson was much more effective) to score his second and third goals to cap off a four-point night. The three goals were consecutive. He added a power-play point and a plus-4 rating.

Steve Mason doesn't suck (this time)

Steve Mason played spoiler as he turned away 38 of 40 to secure a 3-2 win over the Phoenix Coyotes.

Master of the universe

Ilya Bryzgalov stopped 37 of 39 and will be able to spend the night calmly gazing at the stars as he helped the Flyers beat the Red Wings 3-2.

For-Ward thinking

Cam Ward made 46 saves in a 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals. This is a very helpful stat in leagues that count total saves.

Mike Ribeiro

He had two goals, and assist, a power-play point, plus-1, two PIM, two shots, a blocked shot, two hits and 7/13 face-offs.

Jordan Caron

Caron had two goals, an assist, plus-3 and four shots on goal.

"Cross"-ing the line

Curtis Glencross had a goal, two assists, plus-2 and three shots.

Not-so-Downie after being traded

Steve Downie had three assists, a PPP and two shots on goal.

DUDS

Rinne torched by suddenly-hot Kings' scoring

Pekka Rinne only had 24 shots on goal but allowed five goals against before being yanked in favour of Anders Lindback. This stands as a .792 save percentage on the night. Meanwhile, the Kings have scored 13 goals in the last three games.

Goal-light running Wild

The Minnesota Wild lost 7-1 to the Colorado Avalanche. Both goalies were awful in the game. Matt Hackett allowed four goals on 21 shots (.810) while Josh Harding allowed three goals on 18 shots (.833).

Lightning turn to invisible goalie

Mathieu Garon started last night's game but was hurt. Dwayne Roloson replaced him and was awful, allowing five goals on 30 shots (.833). Then with time running out on a comeback bid with the Lightning down 5-3, Guy Boucher decided to pull Roloson in favour of an invisible goalie, trying to spark his team. The invisible man did not fare much better as he allowed goals on both shots he faced by Milan Michalek. Things are looking very bleak in the Lightning goalie crease.

Some bad m-Emery-s

Ray Emery allowed five goals on 31 shots (.839) in a 5-1 loss to the St. Louis Blues. Rumour has it that the Hawks may put in a claim should the invisible goalie hit the waiver wire.

Not-so-Monster performer

Jonas Gustavsson allowed five goals on 33 shots in a 5-4 loss to the Boston Bruins which puts the Maple Leafs in a much deeper hole in their quest to get back into a playoff position.

Making a bad impression

Steve Kampfer was minus-4 last night in the 7-1 embarrassment at the hands of the Avalanche. He is minus-5 in two games since joining the Wild.

Finger-bitten

Alex Burrows was minus-3 and had no points last night. He did redeem himself to an extent with five shots and a penalty though.

Marian Gaborik

He was minus-3 and had no points. He did have three shots and a penalty to help some roto owners.
    Last edited by ericdaoust; March 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Slumping Sedins - Combined they have one assist in the past six games, big reason why the Canucks have only scored 12 goals in those six games and have gone 2-2-2.

Btw Bad m-Emery-s = GOLD.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

I wonder what Goldman thinks about the invisible goalie and his chances of sticking in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I wonder what Goldman thinks about the invisible goalie and his chances of sticking in the NHL.
    My guess is that he would point out that the biggest barrier to his NHL success is the inability to get a string of consecutive starts
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

No props for Doan?

1 assist
    10 SOG (!)
    3 hits

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    No props for Doan?

1 assist
    10 SOG (!)
    3 hits
    With 12 games on the schedule there were about 20 potential studs and I chopped it down to 8 on each side. His shot totals are nice but the guys on the list put up great point totals so I gave them priority.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah, tough call on who to pick to profile - I kinda like Andy McDonald as well - 8 goals in 13 games since his return. Certainly making it happen.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    With 12 games on the schedule there were about 20 potential studs and I chopped it down to 8 on each side. His shot totals are nice but the guys on the list put up great point totals so I gave them priority.

Totally understand. Doan was gold last night though, at least for me with those 10SOG!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper