Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Now you're just trolling, Ev.
    IK! Not to hijack this thread, but i need some good Stars blogs with the most up to date info on Benn. Need to decide by 6pm EST whether to start him this week. Got anything for me?

Banned

No, I'm not. If they want to upgrade their goaltending, they should get Fleury. Bishop is a systems goalie and plays well behind a good D. Dallas doesn't have that. Bishop is already being exposed this year, is injured frequently, and

Bishop's numbers this year are no better than Lehtnon's or Niemi. Or not better enough to justify trading for him as a rental, and you simply can't pay him what he will be requesting in free agency. It's going to be a horrible contract.

Fleury makes the most sense IMO.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Agreed. To say that Bishop is no better than Nieme or Lehtonen, based on 22 mediocre games to start this season, and overlook the fact that he has posted fantastic numbers the last 3 seasons, playing 60+ games a season, is definitely trolling. An argument can surely be made that Bishop is not the right fit for Dallas, but the argument that he is no better than their current two goaltenders is rubbish.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    IK! Not to hijack this thread, but i need some good Stars blogs with the most up to date info on Benn. Need to decide by 6pm EST whether to start him this week. Got anything for me?
    I don't think that there's any news to be had there. I'd recommend Mike Heika's and Mark Stepneski's Twitter feeds. Unfortunately they play the Kings in LA tonight so you likely will not get anything definitive before your deadline passes.

I had to watch the Saturday night game without sound, so if his situation was discussed during the broadcast I missed out on it.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

still way to early to call vasilevski a bust. He didn't have a whole of value for single season fantasy hockey this year to start with, so if you were counting on that from day 1, then maybe you were delusional to start with. His keeper and longer term value don't really change from his performances this year. Goalies, like D, just take longer to develop and turn into solid players, and those of us who play in keeper leagues should be able to keep the big picture in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

still way to early to call vasilevski a bust. He didn't have a whole of value for single season fantasy hockey this year to start with, so if you were counting on that from day 1, then maybe you were delusional to start with. His keeper and longer term value don't really change from his performances this year. Goalies, like D, just take longer to develop and turn into solid players, and those of us who play in keeper leagues should be able to keep the big picture in mind.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Agreed. To say that Bishop is no better than Nieme or Lehtonen, based on 22 mediocre games to start this season, and overlook the fact that he has posted fantastic numbers the last 3 seasons, playing 60+ games a season, is definitely trolling. An argument can surely be made that Bishop is not the right fit for Dallas, but the argument that he is no better than their current two goaltenders is rubbish.
    Man some of you really need to take a step back. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I''m trolling. I legitimately believe he's not much of an upgrade on what the Stars currently have. If you read my post (you didn't) you would see that my opinion is Bishop's numbers have been inflated by the team and system he played in. Now when the team is struggling, so is he. He isn't stealing any games for them, he never has actually. He was exactly like Brian Elliott in St. Louis.

Put Kari Lehtnon or Niemi on Tampa the last three seasons and they would have good numbers. Niemi himself proved this himself. He was far better before playing in Dallas.

I have maintained this position on Bishop for a while. I am not trolling. Read my opinion, if you don't like it, whatever. Bishop is an average NHL goalie IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

he's on IR. NOt playing.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    he's on IR. NOt playing.
    This is true (and I suspect we were all aware of that), but Benn was placed on IR retroactive to Dec. 31st and he's eligible to return tonight.

That being said, if I were a betting man I'd wager that he's likely out tonight. I think he did travel with the team on this road trip though.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is true (and I suspect we were all aware of that), but Benn was placed on IR retroactive to Dec. 31st and he's eligible to return tonight.

That being said, if I were a betting man I'd wager that he's likely out tonight. I think he did travel with the team on this road trip though.
    I'm going on that hunch as well but I'll be royally pissed if he makes a surprise start and goes on to have a monster 4 game week!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Didn't Bishop also suck the hind one in Ottawa? He's been pretty inept everywhere he's played from what I understand reading certain posts. I mean... wasn't he moved straight up for Conacher? What a joke! It's amazing the Boltz were able to make the playoffs the last 3 years with that big pile of rubbish in the crease.

In other news...I fully expect Tampa to hang on to Bishop this year. He's a Free Agent no? Gentleman's handshake with Stevie Y and he can return to defend the crease again next year with his Russian platoon mate. Especially if he wants to win... a Stamkos like move. No idea what Tampa does to fit him in, but if Chicago can make it work with Crawford, Toews, Kane, Panarin, Keith and Seabrook, Tampa should be able to find a way to keep and win with Bishop, Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov, Drouin, Hedman and Stralman.

Either way, the recent play of Vas and the Boltz does concern me and I'm not so sure Vas is the end all be all for the future in Tampa. Time will tell I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Bishop also suck the hind one in Ottawa? He's been pretty inept everywhere he's played from what I understand reading certain posts. I mean... wasn't he moved straight up for Conacher? What a joke! It's amazing the Boltz were able to make the playoffs the last 3 years with that big pile of rubbish in the crease.

In other news...I fully expect Tampa to hang on to Bishop this year. He's a Free Agent no? Gentleman's handshake with Stevie Y and he can return to defend the crease again next year with his Russian platoon mate. Especially if he wants to win... a Stamkos like move. No idea what Tampa does to fit him in, but if Chicago can make it work with Crawford, Toews, Kane, Panarin, Keith and Seabrook, Tampa should be able to find a way to keep and win with Bishop, Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov, Drouin, Hedman and Stralman.

Either way, the recent play of Vas and the Boltz does concern me and I'm not so sure Vas is the end all be all for the future in Tampa. Time will tell I suppose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Cuz I said he is garbage, right? Way to put words in my mouth. Once again, just because the player was traded from Ottawa doesn't mean I can't comment on him and criticize him. A lot of you people are awful for this.

I don't believe he will ever replicate the Tampa numbers ever again. That was a perfect storm, and now their team looks weak.

It might be worth it for Dallas to bring him in to test out, but it would be a big, big mistake for any team to sign Bishop long term.

Tampa isn't even in the playoffs right now. So if he wants to win, it might not even be best to stay if he wanted to.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm going on that hunch as well but I'll be royally pissed if he makes a surprise start and goes on to have a monster 4 game week!
    Yes, you're in a bind because it's a game day and they're on the road, so very likely no information forthcoming until right before game time.

In this kind of situation, I typically choose the option that I'll feel less stupid about afterwards if it goes south, but that's just me.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes, you're in a bind because it's a game day and they're on the road, so very likely no information forthcoming until right before game time.

In this kind of situation, I typically choose the option that I'll feel less stupid about afterwards if it goes south, but that's just me.
    Got an update!

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 10m10 minutes ago
    Lindy Ruff said Jamie Benn is getting better. A "possibility" for tomorrow in Anaheim, they'll see how he responds after today's skate.

Ugh... such a cock tease. Benn is skating in Eaves position at the morning skate but not ready to go tonight.

Do you roll Parise for 3 games, or risk it with Benn for what's likely 2 games later in the week plus tomorrow as a potential bonus?

Banned

Parise .

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Parise .
    I'm with Ev here. At worst Parise gets you the same number of games, and he's also been hot recently and isn't coming off an injury.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Padawan

For those who though that the time to strike on Vas is now.... what would you think a fair price for him would be at this point?