Thread: Jays G.M for the day!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Jays G.M for the day!

If you were the G.M who's your 5th starter to break camp. Haap's ERA under 2 Rickey's over 9 in preseason. I would give Ricky the job but on a very, very, very short leash.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd give the job to Romero because I don't believe in spring training numbers and I don't think its possible for him to be any worse than he was last year.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

To be honest......I would go with Happ. Seriously....Ricky should have been sent down last season to work his game out. He wasn't....he just kept getting pounded. Some may say it will shatter his confidence if he is sent down immediately....but if his confidence is already shattered and he's going out there knowing he's going to get rocked then it's like doubling it on him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The biggest problem was Ricky was way overhyped. I feel the same way with Arencibia.

Guy needs to clear his head and get his stuff together. I'd go with Happ as he's obviously producing better results, and it's not like he's some scrub who is randomly on a hot streak. The guy has shown before that he has good stuff.

I'm of the mentality that nobody is above reproach and that competition is beneficial.
    The only problem is what the eff do you do with Ricky Ro if you don't have him as a starter. Long man relief? Send him down? Lefty spe******t? Not sure I want to Brett Cecil Romero just yet.

Administrator

I know that they claim the issues are mechanical but we all know mechanical issues are really mental issues in one way or another because what controls your body movements? Your brain. Send Romero down until he gets it sorted out. Whether it's confidence or a mental block or whatever we don't want him costing the team while he sorts things out. The stakes are too high.

Also, I think we know that Romero is a tough guy and mentally strong as evidenced by his playing through elbow issues last season because the team was already suffering from enough injuries. Send him down. He can take it. Let him figure things out and come back up when he gets things sorted.

I don't care if they go with Happ or Cecil or sign a free agent or make a trade. Just not Romero. Not after what he's shown.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Send him down. He can take it. Let him figure things out and come back up when he gets things sorted.

I don't care if they go with Happ or Cecil or sign a free agent or make a trade. Just not Romero. Not after what he's shown.
    I'd have to agree. Leave Ricky down in Florida or something. I know Happ isn't amazing, but at least he's throwing strikes. Romero threw 29 of 64 pitches for strikes. 29! Against what? High-A guys? Not great. They also said he was having problems throwing strikes in the warmup/bullpen. Yikes.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Deity

The Jays are built to win this year. I am a huge Romero fan (I only own 2 Jays jerseys and his is one of them) but there's no way the Jays can roll with him as the 5th starter right now with Happ pitching as well as he is (and for that matter, the way Romero is pitching as well).

They are trying to adjust his delivery mechanics a bit and he is struggling with the adjustments. Regular season in the bigs on a team built to win is not the place to be working on mechanical issues.

I have confidence that Romero will find a way through this, but you can't keep throwing him out there and watching him get eaten alive. He's not ready and needs time. It sure can't be good for his overall confidence either.

Let him start in the pen, or if need be, down in AAA. Either choice, what ever is best for his long term development is they way they need to go to get him back on track.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."